Thread: Redskins offer contract to former Eagles RB Brian Westbrook

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Redskins offer contract to former Eagles RB Brian Westbrook

Quote:
    Mike Shanahan says no update on Brian Westbrook: "We want him." Says team has extended an offer

http://twitter.com/RickMaese/status/15266275395

The Rams and Broncos‎ are also reportedly in the running for the 30-year old RB, Westbrook only ran for 274 yards last season in 7 starts.

The 9-year RB never once finished a full 16-game season and was limited to half a season last year.

If Westbrook chooses to sign with the Redskins he will reunite with QB Donovan McNabb.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Nice , 4 running backs for the Redskins. Yeeeeesh

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

That's what they need more injury prone running backs!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Westbrook is actually an amazing player....................when he plays

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Looks like Willie might be on the outs. OTA reports have him a bit slow. Speed is his deal, if he lost that he's done.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Looks like Willie might be on the outs. OTA reports have him a bit slow. Speed is his deal, if he lost that he's done.
    Your right.

"Not So Fast Willie" just doesn't have the same ring.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

This just in: The Redskins have just offered a contract to former NFL RB Emmit Smith.

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2010/0...stbrook-signs/

Parker the Odd Man Out in Washington When Westbrook Signs?
    Posted by Matt Loede under Washington Redskins

There’s a sense that Brian Westbrook is eventually going to ink with the Redskins, and when that happens, there will for sure be a huge logjam a the Skins running back spot. With Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson and Willie Parker on the roster already, what will happen when/if Westbrook signs?

One report says that it wouldn’t be a shock that Parker would be the odd man out. He has fallen off since leading the NFL in rushing a few years back before breaking his leg in the second to last game of the season.

Word out of Redskins minicamp is that RB Brian Westbrook, late of the Eagles, already has an offer extended to him. He could be joining the team very soon. If that happens, he might be moving into a spot currently occupied by off-season acquisition, Willie Parker. Once a star with the Steelers, Parker doesn’t look to have any zip in his step and may feel like he’s already got a spot sewn up. Head coach Mike Shanahan is throwing out the welcome mat for Westbrook.

Parker sat back and had to wait a long time just to get an offer from another team, and now it looks like he could be the odd man out when Westbrook arrives.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2010/0...stbrook-signs/

Parker the Odd Man Out in Washington When Westbrook Signs?
    Posted by Matt Loede under Washington Redskins

There’s a sense that Brian Westbrook is eventually going to ink with the Redskins, and when that happens, there will for sure be a huge logjam a the Skins running back spot. With Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson and Willie Parker on the roster already, what will happen when/if Westbrook signs?

One report says that it wouldn’t be a shock that Parker would be the odd man out. He has fallen off since leading the NFL in rushing a few years back before breaking his leg in the second to last game of the season.

Word out of Redskins minicamp is that RB Brian Westbrook, late of the Eagles, already has an offer extended to him. He could be joining the team very soon. If that happens, he might be moving into a spot currently occupied by off-season acquisition, Willie Parker. Once a star with the Steelers, Parker doesn’t look to have any zip in his step and may feel like he’s already got a spot sewn up. Head coach Mike Shanahan is throwing out the welcome mat for Westbrook.

Parker sat back and had to wait a long time just to get an offer from another team, and now it looks like he could be the odd man out when Westbrook arrives.
    I really like Shanny, but if I was Westbrook, I'd tell Weenie Boy Snyder to shove his offer up his tight ass.

Shame about FWP - he was Top 5 material just a couple of years ago. I'll always wuv him!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Give us back Parker!!! I miss HIM already... PARKER! PARKER!

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Wait... is that a REAL fullback that I see in that video?

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

[video=youtube;XGsGQjIpohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGsGQjIpoW0&feature=related[/video]
    Thank you.. I needed that... In my mind he has done enough to retire with the Steelers but neither did Woodson retire with us... But as we know it's just business..

Thank you FAST WILLIE PARKER... YOU'RE A HERO IN MY EYES..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

What we need to do is line up two RBs in the backfield. Fake handoff to one and dump the ball off to the other with a short pass.

In a related story, NEWSFLASH: The Washington Redskins just offered Earl Campbell a 1yr contract to play RB in 2010.
    All Defense!

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    Give us back Parker!!! I miss HIM already... PARKER! PARKER!
    Shhhh dont let some folks around here hear that :P As in most case the steelers get rid of a player who is done. He was a good back for us you can never take that away!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga