Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tired of all the damn PINK everywhere in the NFL

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Re: Tired of all the damn PINK everywhere in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    ALL major pharmaceutical companies offer discount and free drug programs for those that can't afford the drugs. Ask your doctor about it .Most offices offer a nurse or clerical person that is well versed in who to call and what forms to fill out. I fully trust that every large corporation is worried about two things, bottom line and public image.

But the drug companies aren't the ones doing most of the medical research. A lot of the research has nothing to do with finding a drug to do something, it is more about understanding the different forms of the cancer to a point where they can determine what could be done, drug or otherwise.
    Hey, NCSteeler. Sorry it took me so long to respond to your post. I'm easily distracted.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know all the ins and outs when it comes to cancer research. But I'd be surprised if pharmaceutical companies didn't have their hands in all the major research being conducted. I don't think they're just sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone to discover a cure so they can start making the drugs.

Regardless, like I said before, although we might have different opinions on the validity of the research being done, we're on the same team when it comes to the desired goal. In this case, I really hope that you're right and I'm wrong.

I believe in challenging conventional wisdom. But I know this is a personal issue with you, as it is with many people, and I hope I said nothing in our debate to offend you.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
    Hey, NCSteeler. Sorry it took me so long to respond to your post. I'm easily distracted.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know all the ins and outs when it comes to cancer research. But I'd be surprised if pharmaceutical companies didn't have their hands in all the major research being conducted. I don't think they're just sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone to discover a cure so they can start making the drugs.

Regardless, like I said before, although we might have different opinions on the validity of the research being done, we're on the same team when it comes to the desired goal. In this case, I really hope that you're right and I'm wrong.

I believe in challenging conventional wisdom. But I know this is a personal issue with you, as it is with many people, and I hope I said nothing in our debate to offend you.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Yes, IMO it's overdone. There are better ways to raise awareness other than wearing pink during NFL games.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Yes, IMO it's overdone. There are better ways to raise awareness other than wearing pink during NFL games.

Really? Like what? Just wondering what possible way there is to increase awareness beyond every player wearing pink?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

NFL could sponsor a shows us your Ti*s week. A true ratings getter.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    NFL could sponsor a shows us your Ti*s week. A true ratings getter.
    Now THAT I can support!