Thread: Bills Trade WR Stefon Diggs

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bills Trade WR Stefon Diggs

The Stefon Diggs era in Buffalo has come to an end. The Bills are finalizing a blockbuster trade to send the four-time Pro Bowl receiver to the Houston Texans CBS Sports lead NFL insider Jonathan Jones has confirmed. In exchange for Diggs, Buffalo will receive a 2025 second-round pick (via Minnesota) while they will also send a 2024 sixth-rounder and a 2025 fifth-round pick to Houston along with Diggs.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...no4s42e12kecyk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Bills Trade WR Stefon Diggs

I certainly would’ve given that up for Diggs. Would’ve been a talented addition to the current Steelers line up.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I certainly would’ve given that up for Diggs. Would’ve been a talented addition to the current Steelers line up.
    Bills got fleeced. Allen a stud but losing top receivers will hurt.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Lack of cap space is a cruel mistress.

Bills went all in while Allen was relatively cheap. Now he is not. Time to reconstruct the roster.

Chiefs navigated it fairly well. Can the Bills do the same?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Man imagine having him and Pickens. Why did we not try to trade for him?

Of course his cap hit is around $19 million through 2027 so that might have played into it.

The Texans are quietly building a very good team and all on their QB's rookie contract. First adding Joe Mixon, now Diggs.

If that’s his cap hit, I probably wouldn’t do it…unless he’d restructure to lower…much lower. But he’s a nuisance…combined with that cap hit. I probably wouldn’t do it on second thought.

Bills Trade WR Stefon Diggs

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Lack of cap space is a cruel mistress.

Bills went all in while Allen was relatively cheap. Now he is not. Time to reconstruct the roster.

Chiefs navigated it fairly well. Can the Bills do the same?
    I don’t think that’s a cap space move. I think this is a move to get rid of a headache from what it sounds like. It sounds like they lose cap space trading Diggs.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I don’t think that’s a cap space move. I think this is a move to get rid of a headache from what it sounds like. It sounds like they lose cap space trading Diggs.
    Welp....shows what I know. Not much.

I guess his mouth was writing checks his butt could no longer cash?

He’s one of those great on field guys, terrible teammate type guys I guess…

He’s one of those great on field guys, terrible teammate type guys I guess…
    Saw a few things here and there after your post earlier and seems like Buffalo is trying to put it out there that he isn't so hot on the field anymore either. Guess we will see with the Texans....although it will be interesting if Diggs can accept splitting targets with the other weapons in town.

Saw a few things here and there after your post earlier and seems like Buffalo is trying to put it out there that he isn't so hot on the field anymore either. Guess we will see with the Texans....although it will be interesting if Diggs can accept splitting targets with the other weapons in town.
    They have a lot of weapons now. Tank Dell, Nico Collins, Schultz, Mixon and now Diggs…that could blow up quickly…lol

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

I live in Upstate/Central, NY and I'm surrounded by Buffalo fans. Most fans around here agree with your statement that he was horrible last year, a whiner in the locker room, and was dropping the passes way down field that the team needed him to catch.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I can not believe how many here would make that trade ....

you do realize the Texans traded a second round pick and get Diggs and a 5th and 6th in return and only get Diggs for 1 season while paying him 22.5 million a year

that is a HORRIBLE deal for the Texans and I do mean HORRIBLE ...

this is the same team that basically gave away its 1st round pick this year too ...

the front office is getting shit on with every deal they make that guy is the anti con man or "the Conned man"
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Turned out to be horrible after they made their post trade moves. They must have been trying to appease him. He's just not that level of talent anymore to make those kinds of concessions. Might as well bring AB back.