Thread: Remaining FA’s we could use

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Remaining FA’s we could use

Connor Williams - C

This would allow us to go CB in the first to pair with JPJ and lock down our Def backend

Xavien Howard - CB

Another aging CB but still in his prime for at least a couple more years and would allow the opposite from above to get JPJ to fill out hole at C

If it were me, I would grab Williams and draft a CB, then we don’t have to think about CB for the next 4 years and our OL should get fixed in the draft with an OT in the 2nd or 3rd and WR with the other pick. That fills our main holes depending on how the QBs pan out.

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

Re: Remaining FA’s we could use

I cannot argue that, but MY personal preference is the best C available in round one or two. Powers-Johnson or Frazier should be available to us. I might be alone on this, but I think it you look back at some of the best QB's in the league, MOST of them had a "career hiker of the ball". I think it is a highly underrated intrinsic benefit/loss if said QB is not excited about pressing his hands into this dudes cahones! Its a special bond...I would suspect.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They need a veteran WR of sorts…they are well below a starting NFL WR Room at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Connor Williams has a significant knee injury. Who knows how he'll recover. We may hear/read his name around June, or July when he takes visits with teams. But that is of course post draft.

Donte Jackson is the projected #2 corner. They need someone who is slot capable. Bringing back Eric Rowe, or/and Chandon Sullivan is possible. Avonte Maddox is still out there also, but believe he also has injury concerns.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They need a veteran WR of sorts…they are well below a starting NFL WR Room at the moment.
    In Khan I Trust

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    In Khan I Trust

From hells heart I stab at thee.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

In Khan I Trust

So far so good. He killed it in last year's draft. He has shown that he is aggressive and tries to find creative ways to solve problems.

I don't understand why anyone would think the guy is about to be fired or should be on the hotseat.

He is going to address the center position. Is it optimal? No, but everyone that is panicking about the current state of the roster needs to understand that it is a work in progress. There is still plenty of time to fill holes. There is still time to sign free agents. The entire draft needs to take place, so there are the players that will be drafted or the trades that can be made. There are also going to be the cuts to rosters that will give Khan and the organization ample opportunity to fill the needs of the team.

We will see what he can do. It will all play out.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    So far so good. He killed it in last year's draft. He has shown that he is aggressive and tries to find creative ways to solve problems.

I don't understand why anyone would think the guy is about to be fired or should be on the hotseat.

He is going to address the center position. Is it optimal? No, but everyone that is panicking about the current state of the roster needs to understand that it is a work in progress. There is still plenty of time to fill holes. There is still time to sign free agents. The entire draft needs to take place, so there are the players that will be drafted or the trades that can be made. There are also going to be the cuts to rosters that will give Khan and the organization ample opportunity to fill the needs of the team.

We will see what he can do. It will all play out.
    Exactly. Wait until the draft plays out. Also, there may be cuts during and after camp. Everything comes into play not just the free agency period.

Khan/Weidl have shown they will turn over every rock to fill the roster.

Boyd is asking for too much money and I'm glad Khan isn't overypaying just to get him.

The internets is exploding with overreactions and gossip and the draft isn't even here yet.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

In Khan I Trust
    I feel like something big might happen draft day…

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I feel like something big might happen draft day…

Can you be more specific?

Just about anything can happen on draft day. You never know with Khan.

Can you be more specific?

Just about anything can happen on draft day. You never know with Khan.
    An Aiyuk type trade…

An Aiyuk type trade…

I wouldn't doubt that they do something to get an established player.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

An Aiyuk type trade…
    Would not be surprised if this happens on draft day

I wouldn't doubt that they do something to get an established player.
    It’s just been so quiet on that front that I feel like Khan is writing up a deal to steal someone. Could be someone never mentioned like a Davante Adams type…

It’s just been so quiet on that front that I feel like Khan is writing up a deal to steal someone. Could be someone never mentioned like a Davante Adams type…

That would be amazing. Adams or Jefferson would be amazing to add. I just don't know that there are many elite wide receivers dying to play in a run heavy offense with a ton of blocking required. Maybe we will see a modified version of Smith's offense that would give more opportunities. We shall see.

That would be amazing. Adams or Jefferson would be amazing to add. I just don't know that there are many elite wide receivers dying to play in a run heavy offense with a ton of blocking required. Maybe we will see a modified version of Smith's offense that would give more opportunities. We shall see.
    That would be insane!