Thread: Steelers sign All-Pro kick returner Cordarrelle Patterson

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers sign All-Pro kick returner Cordarrelle Patterson

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers sign All-Pro kick returner Cordarrelle Patterson

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

He sure doesn't waste any time once he has the ball, it's like high gear and forward.

Senior Member Array title="feltdizz has much to be proud of">

Now I like this signing. Not a great WR but he has no problem lining up in the backfield like a RB. Nice weapon/decoy to have. Might make a 3rd RB expendable.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Nothing not to like here! Especially with the rule change.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

With the rule change, this is a HUGE signing...that's all this guy will most likely do but there was TONS of talk about how sought after Patterson would be had the kickoff rules changed and here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

This is the kind of sneaky signing that can result in an extra W for the season.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

will be a huge help in the RB and WR room helping them all to learn the intricacies of the new playbook , great signing and can add to the KR/PR/RB/WR positions
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Nothing not to like here! Especially with the rule change.
    whats the rule change?
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    whats the rule change?
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...p-kickoff-play

During the 2024 season, kickers will continue to kick from the 35-yard line, but the other 10 players on the kickoff team will line up at the receiving team's 40-yard line. At least nine members of the return team will line up in a "setup zone" between the 35- and 30-yard lines. Up to two returners can line up in a "landing zone" between the goal line and the 20-yard line.

No one other than the kicker and returner(s) can move until the ball hits the ground or hits a player inside the landing zone. Touchbacks will be marked at the 30-yard line, and no fair catches will be allowed. In the event a team wants to attempt an onside kick, it will have to inform officials of its intent and would then be allowed to use the NFL's traditional formation. No surprise onside kicks will be allowed.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

During the 2024 season, kickers will continue to kick from the 35-yard line, but the other 10 players on the kickoff team will line up at the receiving team's 40-yard line. At least nine members of the return team will line up in a "setup zone" between the 35- and 30-yard lines. Up to two returners can line up in a "landing zone" between the goal line and the 20-yard line.

No one other than the kicker and returner(s) can move until the ball hits the ground or hits a player inside the landing zone. Touchbacks will be marked at the 30-yard line, and no fair catches will be allowed. In the event a team wants to attempt an onside kick, it will have to inform officials of its intent and would then be allowed to use the NFL's traditional formation. No surprise onside kicks will be allowed.
    My god what a bunch of hilarious word salad thats trying really hard to say that they want the return game to be a part of the game again. If they want returns to be exciting again just go back to the Hester-era of return rules
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Patterson fits perfectly into the kick returner/designed plays/big,fast guy with power as a swiss army knife weapon. He is strong enough to run the ball through the tackles at the goal line if necessary. They guy can do a lot and is just perfect for the OC that has the imagination to create opportunities for him.

Smith must love this signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    My god what a bunch of hilarious word salad thats trying really hard to say that they want the return game to be a part of the game again. If they want returns to be exciting again just go back to the Hester-era of return rules
    Word salad or not, that's the exact rule change.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Hope a return to health restores his giddy up. He looked slower last season.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Hope a return to health restores his giddy up. He looked slower last season.

There is no doubt that it would have been better to get him 3-4 years ago, but I think he still has a bit left in the tank.

They are definitely all in and going for it right now.

I feel some Wildcat coming.....

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    There is no doubt that it would have been better to get him 3-4 years ago, but I think he still has a bit left in the tank.

They are definitely all in and going for it right now.

I feel some Wildcat coming.....
    I don’t dislike the move. I’m not complaining.

I’ve just got zero expectations.

Patterson might have something left in the tank or he might be this years Pat Pete and more valuable as a mentor for Smith’s offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I don’t dislike the move. I’m not complaining.

I’ve just got zero expectations.

Patterson might have something left in the tank or he might be this years Pat Pete and more valuable as a mentor for Smith’s offense.

The weird part is that just about everything they can do with Patterson on offense.....Fields can do.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Just signing him for kick returns is well worth the roster spot…all the other RB/WR stuff is a bonus if that works out. He’s one of those ST roster spots…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The weird part is that just about everything they can do with Patterson on offense.....Fields can do.
    There’s certainly overlap.

I suspect it’s getting Smith one of “his guys” and a potential mentor for both the RB and WR rooms in one go. With the added bonus of maybe he holds Father Time off for a bit longer and juices the revitalized return game.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Except for fumbles.

Yeah...umm... Fields and Patterson are not the same player

Yeah...umm... Fields and Patterson are not the same player

I'm talking about what I mentioned above on offense in regard to Patterson running with the football. With designed running near the end zone, wildcat formations, etc. Fields can do all of that. He did it routinely with the Bears.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Ya, but what are his stats vs Kenny Pickett?

I'm sure he has more.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Ya, but what are his stats vs Kenny Pickett?

I'm sure he has more.
    Cordarelle has bigger hands

Sent from my SM-F731U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

20-0!

- - - Updated - - -

Lame. The surprise onside kick is exciting.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Cordarelle has bigger hands

Sent from my SM-F731U using Tapatalk

Probably a bigger house as well...

I think a lot of people are going to mark this down as an underrated acquisition thats really going to help us. But i think hes going to be a disappointment. Much like the fight game, old dogs usually dont have a 2nd renaissance like that once decline due to age sets in.