Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarterback Comparisons past 20 games

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quarterback Comparisons past 20 games

Here are the numbers. Twist them however you want.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Quarterback Comparisons past 20 games

Gross…

Discouraging. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The last 2 regular seasons would have been 34 games. Why only looking at 20? Just curious.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The last 2 regular seasons would have been 34 games. Why only looking at 20? Just curious.
    guessing to keep in line with Picketts stat line ?
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="feltdizz has much to be proud of">

Win/Loss the last 20 games

Pickett 13-7
    Wilson 9-11
    Fields 5-15

I think it won’t be shocking if Russ has less TD’s and a better record this year.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Pickett 13-7
    Wilson 9-11
    Fields 5-15

I think it won’t be shocking if Russ has less TD’s and a better record this year.
    That should have saved Canada's job too!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Pickett 13-7
    Wilson 9-11
    Fields 5-15

the Bears and broncos had no TJ Watt in their team....We all know how bad the steelers are without Watt so the 16 PPG in 24 starts for Pickett would not be enough for most of the time without Watt on defense.

Also,Wilson was awful in 2022 but better in 2023 but the broncos defense were historic bad in the first 5 games in 2023....I mean they gave up 70 points in one game

The bears defense were maybe their worst defense in Chicago bears history in 2022 and they did not play well in the first half of the last season.....Fields and Wilson are not perfect far from that,but the win-loss record in each of those QB need context big time

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Wilson and fields numbers look good but it’s not fair to compare to Pickett’s with the Canada offense as the obvious handicap. I still say we won’t know how good this trade was until a few years down the road.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Wilson and fields numbers look good but it’s not fair to compare to Pickett’s with the Canada offense as the obvious handicap. I still say we won’t know how good this trade was until a few years down the road.
    Not good enough to brag about…lol

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Not good enough to brag about…lol
    the TD to int ratio for Fields is 1.75 the last two years, same as the last two years of Trubisky’s in Chicago. That’s nothing to brag about.

TD to int ratio should be 2 or more

the TD to int ratio for Fields is 1.75 the last two years, same as the last two years of Trubisky’s in Chicago. That’s nothing to brag about.

TD to int ratio should be 2 or more
    Yeah the 1:1 (13/13) ratio of Pickett is more promising?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Canada effect

Canada effect
    Bears have terrible coaches and toxic culture. Fields had almost no weapons on offense during his three years. There’s excuses on both sides.

Bears have terrible coaches and toxic culture. Fields had almost no weapons on offense during his three years. There’s excuses on both sides.
    ok both guys are going to new teams so no more excuses. 1st round picks usually get a second chance with a new team.

even Trubisky got a second chance lol

ok both guys are going to new teams so no more excuses. 1st round picks usually get a second chance with a new team.

even Trubisky got a second chance lol
    Agree.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I still say we won’t know how good this trade was until a few years down the road.
    The only way this trade doesn't cause instant regret is if Russ has an MVP-like season and the '24 Steelers go far in the playoffs. We got Russ/Fields to be a true upgrade, not stay the same. A couple of average/bad games from Russ and the stirring will begin.

It's going to be intriguing to see how all this plays out.

If the Steelers ultimately end up throwing Pickett and Rudolph under the bus for what ultimately ends up the same/worse, this whole thing gets blown up and several players and coaches, won't be back here in 2025 and we're going into a full rebuild. And it will be quite fitting to be honest.
    No Canada. No Pickett. No Excuses. Steelers get #7 in 2024. In Khan we Trust.

Senior Member Array title="Voice of Reason has much to be proud of">

Pickett 13-7
    Wilson 9-11
    Fields 5-15
    Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The only way this trade doesn't cause instant regret is if Russ has an MVP-like season and the '24 Steelers go far in the playoffs. We got Russ/Fields to be a true upgrade, not stay the same. A couple of average/bad games from Russ and the stirring will begin.

If the Steelers ultimately end up throwing Pickett and Rudolph under the bus for what ultimately ends up the same/worse, this whole thing gets blown up and several players and coaches, won't be back here in 2025 and we're going into a full rebuild. And it will be quite fitting to be honest.
    true, I mean they still have fields but yeah if Wilson is struggling it’s going to be like you said.

finishing the evaluation of Pickett this year with a decent coordinator and playcalling would have been the safe logical route. But these guys bet the house with this acquisition and trades. Not in terms of giving away a lot of high draft picks but it’ll look bad and then you do look at what they did give up. If it goes south I think Tomlin for sure is gone, (maybe he doesn’t care), Khan maybe survives

it may work but I think the chances are good that the results are not any better than what we’ve seen these last couple years. And if Kenny goes on to have a successful career this site will go nuclear

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Oops.
    No way you can maintain this record in the long run when you only score 16-17 PPG...It's not sustainable, unless you think the way Tim Tebow won in 2011 was sustainable...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

RW and Fields have the most losses over the past two seasons as well. I really hope Arthur Smith has a plan to fix that or we just made all those moves are as Mojouw has pointed out it simply is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Since when do QBs win and lose games by themselves? It’s such a garbage stat to apply to any single player.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Yes but they do have the most influence over outcomes if you're looking at a single position. I'm just hoping that A. Smith can install an offense that works for the QB's we have.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Yes but they do have the most influence over outcomes if you're looking at a single position. I'm just hoping that A. Smith can install an offense that works for the QB's we have.
    Here’s the answer to your question.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Pickett is no longer a Steeler... Remember? We now have 2 hall of famers.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    Pickett is no longer a Steeler... Remember? We now have 2 hall of famers.
    Would it bother you if we did?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post

because we all know KP8 was going to take us to the promised land (rolls eyes)
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Would it bother you if we did?
    Actually, nothing this team or organization does bothers me. I can't remember the steelers ever putting a dime in my bank account or food on my table, so no, it wouldn't bother me.

Senior Member Array title="feltdizz has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    No way you can maintain this record in the long run when you only score 16-17 PPG...It's not sustainable, unless you think the way Tim Tebow won in 2011 was sustainable...
    This is true, but the fact that Kenny and the offense cracked 400
    yards as soon as Canada was fired says a lot.

This is my biggest fear with moving on from Kenny before seeing what he could do with Smith and a legit offense. If Kenny plays well in preseason and looks damn good in a real offense while Russ and Fields struggle it will be the end of Tomlin and Khan is on the hot seat already.

Just weird to move on from a QB this quickly on the cheap when the OC was historically bad and will never coach in the NFL again.

Hell, hiring a fired college coach was a bad idea. A really bad idea.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This is true, but the fact that Kenny and the offense cracked 400
    yards as soon as Canada was fired says a lot.

This is my biggest fear with moving on from Kenny before seeing what he could do with Smith and a legit offense. If Kenny plays well in preseason and looks damn good in a real offense while Russ and Fields struggle it will be the end of Tomlin and Khan is on the hot seat already.

Just weird to move on from a QB this quickly on the cheap when the OC was historically bad and will never coach in the NFL again.

Hell, hiring a fired college coach was a bad idea. A really bad idea.
    I don’t think the plan was to move on from KP until KP said he wanted out.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    Actually, nothing this team or organization does bothers me. I can't remember the steelers ever putting a dime in my bank account or food on my table, so no, it wouldn't bother me.
    Go Steelers!