Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What will the Steelers do at Wide Receiver?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: What will the Steelers do at Wide Receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Diggs might be on the market.
    just say no to Diggs ..he cried and complained his way off the Vikings , now he is crying and complaining his way off the bills all while at the stage in his career where his skills are starting to decline a little bit and will keep doing so making his grumbling less and less compelling to keep around ..... the better you are the more teams will put up with as those skills start to wain the grumbling sounds louder even when it is at the same volume ....

Jefferson will be massively expensive , the Vikes are going to want a Haul for him in draft capital and you will have to instantly reward him with a new contract and we know that contract is gonna be pricey because he already turned down a multi year extension with the vikes that would have paid him over 30 million per year has reportedly said he wasnt 40 million a year .... please Khan man avoid this man like the plague ...

Metcalf at the right price would be interesting for sure but Seattle isnt gonna give him away so may as well draft your guy same can be said for Aiyuk and Deebo

Leaving Mike Williams who is scheduled to visit , my issue is dude is always hurt and IMO not worth big money because of the constant injury bug ..I mean if you can sell him on the idea of chasing a ring for less than 10 mill a year ( preferably 7-8 mil because you cant count on him) then sure I am all for it but you got to have a backup plan and draft a kid in the first 3 rounds
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Williams, J. Jefferson, Aiyuk, Diggs, Boyd, Pickens, V.Jefferson, CA3, Mims, Dez Fitzpatrick, M. Callaway and a few more who are likely on futures contracts

WR room will be crowded!!!

Sent from my SM-F731U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Meanwhile, the Browns pay nearly $20M per year for 50 receptions and 750 yards in Jeudy. Idiots run that organization.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Williams to the Jets for one year $15M.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Any of those trade options are perfectly fine and doable with some nifty contracting…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Meanwhile, the Browns pay nearly $20M per year for 50 receptions and 750 yards in Jeudy. Idiots run that organization.
    I could not believe that deal Cleveland gave Jeudy when I saw it. I just can't believe some of the contracts I see being given to guys who have not produced anywhere close to a level deserving the money they got.

I think Amari Cooper is in the last year of his deal, and he is much better than Jeudy. I wonder what he is going to want from Cleveland?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Get on the train to Pittsburgh.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Too many holes on the team to be paying a 1st round pick+ for a WR that will likely want to be paid the highest in the league at his position.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Jeremiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson 6. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

I like Aiyuk but don’t like giving up a 1st round pick. The only reason to do this is urgency. - if there is a belief that this defense is ready to win now and the window will close - then I can justify it in my mind.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I like Aiyuk but don’t like giving up a 1st round pick. The only reason to do this is urgency. - if there is a belief that this defense is ready to win now and the window will close - then I can justify it in my mind.
    I could live with a third round pick. I’d rather find a draft pick in round 2 tho. Aiyuk going to demand 17-20 million.

I wouldnt send a 1st rounder for him either .... maybe a 2nd maybe ...... I would be more inclined with a 3rd round pick because lets face it his contract is coming due and he will want paid .... we would need Khan to do some jedi mind tricks to manage it IMO

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

What will the Steelers do at Wide Receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I could live with a third round pick. I’d rather find a draft pick in round 2 tho. Aiyuk going to demand 17-20 million.
    I’d give up a third for Aiyuk and a 17M deal in a second. I’d give up a first for Jefferson. He’s that good.

You still need a 3/4 WR.

Come out of the draft with:

1. WR Jefferson
    2. C Frazier
    3. CB/OT/
    3. OT/CB
    4. WR

I’d be good with something like that…

I wouldn't bet against seeing some razzel dazzle with Fields playing a little WR /RB Slash 2.0

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Aiyuk is worth a first but you're gonna have to pay him and will also be passing up a few talented offensive line prospects.

If they plan on taking a round one WR then yes, move it for Aiyuk. It's just the wrong way to build the team Imo(FWIW).

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just say there seems to be a lot of smoke around the Steelers calling around for star caliber receivers. Nothing should be dismissed.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Jeremiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson 6. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

We could consider a double dip here if the board falls together that way AND we have shitty luck in free agency. I think out of our big needs (C, RT, CB, WR) we can get away with mediocrity at RT the most
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Teams that can't afford the contracts they signed don't get high draft picks anymore. If they can't re-sign him and need to move on, they may take a 4th.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Teams that can't afford the contracts they signed don't get high draft picks anymore. If they can't re-sign him and need to move on, they may take a 4th.
    Good point. Maybe the market will dry up for him and he can be had for a lower RD pick

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

We need to pivot to Boyd. He's the only good WR in free agency left and (hopefully??) shouldn't cost crazy money. But who knows because receivers are getting comical money for little to show for it on the field thus far. We cannot enter the draft with Van Jefferson/Calvin Austin as our #2 receiver.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="FordFairLane is a jewel in the rough">

Looking at Arthur Smith’s offenses he really only utilizes one primary receiver target. AJ Brown in Tennessee, and Kyle Pitts one year then Drake London the next two. Everyone else is complimentary pieces. So my guess is we draft a receiver and no new free agents after the Van Jefferson signing.

Quote Originally Posted by FordFairLane View Post
    Looking at Arthur Smith’s offenses he really only utilizes one primary receiver target. AJ Brown in Tennessee, and Kyle Pitts one year then Drake London the next two. Everyone else is complimentary pieces. So my guess is we draft a receiver and no new free agents after the Van Jefferson signing.
    If you’re complimentary receivers aren’t threatening at all, that philosophy doesn’t work and maybe why he’s not a head coach anymore?

draft this kid and dont look back

It's so quiet on the wide receiver/ free agency front, that I have to think that's because something big is being worked out. Khan is going to pull off another theft via trade.

I’d give up Austin (or maybe even better, Moore), 2025 first round pick and one of this years 4th picks and sign Aiyuk to a “3-year, $70M” deal…why not? Get a Center and OT/CB with this years two picks. Easy.

we only have one 4th round pick .......... so there is that

2024 Steelers NFL Draft Slots:

First Round – 20th pick in round (20th pick overall)

Second Round –19th pick in round (51st pick overall)

Third Round – 20th pick in round (84th pick overall)

Third Round - 35th pick in round (98th pick overall) (acquired from Philadelphia Eagles via Kenny Pickett trade)

Fourth Round – 19th pick in round (119th pick overall)

Fifth Round – No pick (traded to Los Angeles Rams via Kevin Dotson trade)

Sixth Round – 2nd pick in round (178th pick overall) (acquired from Carolina in Diontae Johnson/Donte Jackson trade)

Sixth Round - 19th pick in round (195th pick overall)

Seventh Round – No pick (traded to Carolina Panthers via Diontae Johnson/Donte Jackson trade)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Maybe the RB/WR hybrid dude from nowhere Kentucky?

Have him do Deebo Samuel stuff
    did you mean Western Kentuckys WR Malachi Corley ???

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

did you mean Western Kentuckys WR Malachi Corley ???
    That's the guy.

That's the guy.
    interesting player for sure ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

interesting player for sure ...
    I don't know nearly enough but many who claim to know are comping him to Deebo or Aiyuk.

Might be cheaper to get on the roster, but is he ready to help in 2024?

I don't know nearly enough but many who claim to know are comping him to Deebo or Aiyuk.

Might be cheaper to get on the roster, but is he ready to help in 2024?
    I would be far more comfortable in Xavier Legette personally .....

problem with a deebo kind of player is the allure is the fact they can do so much , however doing so much puts them in harms way with guys nearly twice their size and that leads to unnecessary punishment and consequently the human body breaking down .... injury makes you unavailable and the greatest asset is being available