Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Plan To Sign QB Russell Wilson To Long-Term Deal?

Senior Member Array title="Voice of Reason has much to be proud of">

Re: Steelers Plan To Sign QB Russell Wilson To Long-Term Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    ...as bad as I disliked Pickett I always wanted him to succeed he just always let me down
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    Biggest bullshit post i've read on here in a long time.
    Yep.

And now he's projecting his attitude onto others.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Hell, as long as the HGH milkshakes continued to flow and he had a loaded offense around him and the laundry continued to fly all over the field whenever an opposing defender so much as breathed on him, he probably could have continued to dink and dunk to his heart's content for another decade+.
    Now now, is that anyway to talk about the greatest QB of all time?

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Mtn. View Post
    Bingo.
    except Fields isn’t much of an insurance policy. Better than Mitch, but I wouldn’t count on him doing better than Mason did. I would be happy if he did just as well.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    except Fields isn’t much of an insurance policy. Better than Mitch, but I wouldn’t count on him doing better than Mason did. I would be happy if he did just as well.
    Fields is already leaps and bounds better than Rudolph just in his Chicago time. It’s not even remotely close.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Fields is already leaps and bounds better than Rudolph just in his Chicago time. It’s not even remotely close.
    that’s just your opinion. There’s nothing to support that except seeing flashes of potential. statwise for the last season Masons numbers are better

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

that’s just your opinion. There’s nothing to support that except seeing flashes of potential. statwise for the last season Masons numbers are better
    Rudolph only played 4 games last year, 2 of those were against bottom 5-10 defense and another was against backups...He did very well but don't be blinded by that

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Those “flashes” you saw are more than anything that Mason has shown in his time with Pittsburgh…

Those “flashes” you saw are more than anything that Mason has shown in his time with Pittsburgh…
    Ok, we’re talking potential. Sure Fields is more athletically gifted but let’s see that potential be realized. We may need it after 2024, if not sooner. He seems like a good guy. Easy to root for. But so was Mason.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Ok, we’re talking potential. Sure Fields is more athletically gifted but let’s see that potential be realized. We may need it after 2024, if not sooner. He seems like a good guy. Easy to root for. But so was Mason.
    There's more than "potential" reflected here.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Just saw this on ESPN.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Elephant in the room:

Being compared to Lamar Jackson is not a very good endorsement, or at least, not as ringing an endorsement as one thinks it is when it comes to QB play.
    No Canada. No Pickett. No Excuses. Steelers get #7 in 2024. In Khan we Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post

Being compared to Lamar Jackson is not a very good endorsement, or at least, not as ringing an endorsement as one thinks it is when it comes to QB play.
    Lamar is a 2 time MVP.....But yeah his former backup(Huntley) is a better QB that Lamar according to you

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Like him or not, he’s a 2-time MVP. Fields has 3 more touchdowns in the past 20 games played. That’s more than potential. That’s production. Even if you just isolate his running, it’s over 1300 yards in 20 games. You don’t have to like him, but he’s likely the best QB2 in the NFL right now.

His play is not as bad as people try to make it out to be either…

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

His play is not as bad as people try to make it out to be either…
    He just suck's ass come playoff time when it counts.

This is true…

That’s the next best thing to the Steelers winning.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    That’s the next best thing to the Steelers winning.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Could a running QB win a SB? Until Russell Wilson came along and won with Seattle, the answer was no. And it’s still generally no as I don’t think of Pat Maholms as a running QB. Players like Matt Stafford, Brees, Brady, Eli and Peyton Manning and Ben and even Joe Flacco were SB winning QBs and not Lamarr Jackson, Cam Newton, Josh Allen or Michael Vick.

a QB needs to make clutch throws on a consistent basis to win a SB and Lamarr Jackson while being MVP x 2 has not shown that elite throwing ability.

that will be the question for Fields as well - can he be an elite passer? We know he can create on the ground maybe even better than any other QB in the league and if we want to chug along for non-losing seasons then he may get us to that goal. But can he help us get to the playoffs and SB? I don’t know. I hope the one who did Russell Wilson can show him how to do so.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Could a running QB win a SB? Until Russell Wilson came along and won with Seattle, the answer was no. And it’s still generally no as I don’t think of Pat Maholms as a running QB. Players like Matt Stafford, Brees, Brady, Eli and Peyton Manning and Ben and even Joe Flacco were SB winning QBs and not Lamarr Jackson, Cam Newton, Josh Allen or Michael Vick.

a QB needs to make clutch throws on a consistent basis to win a SB and Lamarr Jackson while being MVP x 2 has not shown that elite throwing ability.

that will be the question for Fields as well - can he be an elite passer? We know he can create on the ground maybe even better than any other QB in the league and if we want to chug along for non-losing seasons then he may get us to that goal. But can he help us get to the playoffs and SB? I don’t know. I hope the one who did Russell Wilson can show him how to do so.
    Steve Young ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

I like he has the ability to scramble, it get's you out of trouble at times. It makes me wonder though if he does bail out of the pocket and runs how this board is going to react? Remember when Kenny did it he was labeled afraid and bailed to much, then again to a certain few on here everything Kenny did was wrong.

Lamar can win the super bowl....He just need to be as good that he is in the regular season come playoffs time

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Steve Young ....
    Right! Would have loved to see the Steelers and SF in the Super Bowl in 95 instead of Sean Humphries and the Chargers get run over by Steve Young. He was an excellent passer as well. Enough to make SF trade Montana

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Lamar can win the super bowl....He just need to be as good that he is in the regular season come playoffs time
    I don’t think he has the elite passing game to get by really good teams that shut down his running. I think that is the Achilles heel for all the elite running QBs. They have regular season success but when it comes to crunch time - the elite defenses will shut them down.

Senior Member Array title="feltdizz has much to be proud of">

If you can make a SB as a running QB you can win a SB. Its a single game. No way anyone can convince me that a running QB who loses on the last drive is inferior to a pocket passing QB.

I actually think Lamar lost vs KC because he refused to run like he usually does. Never seen a rushing team abandon the run like Baltimore last year. Its like they wanted to prove he was a pocket passer.

Also, you know.. the WR fumbling at the GL and while Lamar had a terrible pass into triple coverage I scratched my head at the refs ignoring a blatant PI in the end zone.

Still felt good to come into work and laugh at my coworker from Baltimore.

If Tomlin made half the dumb decisions that Harbaugh does, he would be hated twice as much on this forum.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Lamar is a 2 time MVP.....But yeah his former backup(Huntley) is a better QB that Lamar according to you
    Lamar is not a Quarterback, he's an athlete. And I still think Huntley is better. Because its true. Lamar can win a Super Bowl. Probably as a journeyman backup.

Like him or not, he’s a 2-time MVP. Fields has 3 more touchdowns in the past 20 games played. That’s more than potential. That’s production. Even if you just isolate his running, it’s over 1300 yards in 20 games. You don’t have to like him, but he’s likely the best QB2 in the NFL right now.
    If it were productive the Bears would've won. The Bears, a team who isn't exactly QB central, give him up for Peanuts. I do agree with him being a good QB2. Not sure about "best in the NFL", though.

Because in the he actually has to be an NFL quarterback. Hang in the pocket and make strong and accurate passes into windows, not guys who broke free from coverage and streaking wide open.

Could a running QB win a SB
    Several have. But they could also throw the ball. They could all make NFL throws on a consistent basis.

It's pretty harrowing that we're that QB starved already out of Ben we think Justin Fields is an answer.
    No Canada. No Pickett. No Excuses. Steelers get #7 in 2024. In Khan we Trust.

Senior Member Array title="El Kabong has much to be proud of">

Steve Young ....
    Steve Young was a very good passer who also could run. Not the same thing as these run-first QB's who don't pass so well.

Lamar is not a Quarterback, he's an athlete. And I still think Huntley is better. Because its true. Lamar can win a Super Bowl. Probably as a journeyman backup.

You just hit the rock bottom

Just another Mason-hater unwilling to admit he was wrong.

a QB needs to make clutch throws on a consistent basis to win a SB
    Yeah, we need a QB with a "clutch gene". Oh wait...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Justin Fields may or may not be “the answer”, but he is an upgrade to the QB room. That is good enough for right now.