Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Kenny Pickett traded to Eagles.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Kenny Pickett traded to Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    To be honest i wished this thread and all the other KP threads would be locked. I'm actually sick of reading them. KP is an Eagle now, I wish him all the luck and success in the world.
    Even to this day people are still talking about Marino in '83.

We're all sick of reading them, but the Steelers badly mismanaged and wound up dropping a first round QB. No amount of "Well he wasn't good anyway" sour grapes copium is going to justify it. That's some Cleveland Browns stuff right there. Really, truly bad.

Normally first round QB's are given a few years. Even Kordell Stewart, Mark Malone, and Bubby Brister got a few before it was time to cut ties. Even Justin Fields got a few before the Bears said goodbye. Kenny couldn't even get one decent year in an NFL Offense in Pittsburgh. If he sucked, He would've proved it. And this thread is going to be quite a thing especially if the new toys end up being terrible come the season.
    No Canada. No Pickett. No Excuses. Steelers get #7 in 2024. In Khan we Trust.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Even to this day people are still talking about Marino in '83.

We're all sick of reading them, but the Steelers badly mismanaged and wound up dropping a first round QB. No amount of "Well he wasn't good anyway" sour grapes copium is going to justify it. That's some Cleveland Browns stuff right there. Really, truly bad.

Normally first round QB's are given a few years. Even Kordell Stewart, Mark Malone, and Bubby Brister got a few before it was time to cut ties. Even Justin Fields got a few before the Bears said goodbye. Kenny couldn't even get one decent year in an NFL Offense in Pittsburgh. If he sucked, He would've proved it. And this thread is going to be quite a thing especially if the new toys end up being terrible come the season.
    I don't expect any earth shattering experience from either QB this season, people seem to forget we still have a shitty offensive line and 1 good not great reciever. But who knows I hope i'm wrong. I also don't have confidence in Mike Tomlin being able to get over the one and done in the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    I don't expect any earth shattering experience from either QB this season, people seem to forget we still have a shitty offensive line and 1 good not great reciever. But who knows I hope i'm wrong. I also don't have confidence in Mike Tomlin being able to get over the one and done in the playoffs.
    I’d bet the QB play will be better. O line was upgraded as soon as Cole gone. When a center snaps balls at the feet or over QBs head 4-5 times a game you’re behind the eight ball. D’s better as well. Hard to imagine 2024 not improved over last year. Center and WR will be addressed on draft day via trade or draft.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Even if the QB play is the same or worse; what does that change?

It is an irrelevant argument.

Senior Member Array title="Voice of Reason has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I’ve repeatedly said that I’m not keen on Wilson or Fields.
    Looks like we have some common ground.

Except that when I say that I'm accused of hating the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="Voice of Reason has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    What's the over/under that this thread surpasses the AB thread?
    Whatever it is, I'll take the over. The Kenny-bashers won't be able to stop.