Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Pickett traded to Eagles.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Kenny Pickett traded to Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    To be honest i wished this thread and all the other KP threads would be locked. I'm actually sick of reading them. KP is an Eagle now, I wish him all the luck and success in the world.
    Even to this day people are still talking about Marino in '83.

We're all sick of reading them, but the Steelers badly mismanaged and wound up dropping a first round QB. No amount of "Well he wasn't good anyway" sour grapes copium is going to justify it. That's some Cleveland Browns stuff right there. Really, truly bad.

Normally first round QB's are given a few years. Even Kordell Stewart, Mark Malone, and Bubby Brister got a few before it was time to cut ties. Even Justin Fields got a few before the Bears said goodbye. Kenny couldn't even get one decent year in an NFL Offense in Pittsburgh. If he sucked, He would've proved it. And this thread is going to be quite a thing especially if the new toys end up being terrible come the season.
    No Canada. No Pickett. No Excuses. Steelers get #7 in 2024. In Khan we Trust.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a reputation beyond repute"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post

We're all sick of reading them, but the Steelers badly mismanaged and wound up dropping a first round QB. No amount of "Well he wasn't good anyway" sour grapes copium is going to justify it. That's some Cleveland Browns stuff right there. Really, truly bad.

Normally first round QB's are given a few years. Even Kordell Stewart, Mark Malone, and Bubby Brister got a few before it was time to cut ties. Even Justin Fields got a few before the Bears said goodbye. Kenny couldn't even get one decent year in an NFL Offense in Pittsburgh. If he sucked, He would've proved it. And this thread is going to be quite a thing especially if the new toys end up being terrible come the season.
    I don't expect any earth shattering experience from either QB this season, people seem to forget we still have a shitty offensive line and 1 good not great reciever. But who knows I hope i'm wrong. I also don't have confidence in Mike Tomlin being able to get over the one and done in the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    I don't expect any earth shattering experience from either QB this season, people seem to forget we still have a shitty offensive line and 1 good not great reciever. But who knows I hope i'm wrong. I also don't have confidence in Mike Tomlin being able to get over the one and done in the playoffs.
    I’d bet the QB play will be better. O line was upgraded as soon as Cole gone. When a center snaps balls at the feet or over QBs head 4-5 times a game you’re behind the eight ball. D’s better as well. Hard to imagine 2024 not improved over last year. Center and WR will be addressed on draft day via trade or draft.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Even if the QB play is the same or worse; what does that change?

It is an irrelevant argument.

Senior Member Array title="Voice of Reason has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I’ve repeatedly said that I’m not keen on Wilson or Fields.
    Looks like we have some common ground.

Except that when I say that I'm accused of hating the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    What's the over/under that this thread surpasses the AB thread?
    Whatever it is, I'll take the over. The Kenny-bashers won't be able to stop.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    What point do they say something about what he said? That’s painful to listen to. Is the white dude even awake?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Whatever it is, I'll take the over. The Kenny-bashers won't be able to stop.
    That’s funny shit. I only went back four pages but in those 4 you had 20 posts. But sure blame it on the “bashers”. The first step is admitting you have a problem. 99% of us have moved on. It’s time.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    That’s funny shit. I only went back four pages but in those 4 you had 20 posts. But sure blame it on the “bashers”. The first step is admitting you have a problem. 99% of us have moved on. It’s time.
    Funny how the guys who have "moved on" still keep reading and posting in the Kenny Pickett thread.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Pickett is reportedly looking really good at OTAs in Philly.

of course, he looked good in preseason last year also...

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a reputation beyond repute"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Pickett has alot of potential, we just didn't see enough of it while he was here, for a multitude of reasons.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Oh yeah…outplaying Jalen Hurts!!

Love the off-season rumors…

Guess he knew what he was doing when he asked for the trade!!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Oh yeah…outplaying Jalen Hurts!!
    We talkin about practice...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Will you start another thread?

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Will you start another thread?
    you know, that's a really good idea!

something new for this board to discuss

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

at this point, i don't want Kenny to succeed. I really don't. Cause if he does that will mean our coaches (Mike T basically) and our FO don’t know what the hell they’re doing. And that’s a scary thought.

Btw, how many times is KP going to be traded to the Eagles? With the way this thread is surviving it seems he’s been traded to Philly more than once.

- - - Updated - - -

spot on. We better just hope Wilson’s play makes us forget about the KP disaster.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    at this point, i don't want Kenny to succeed. I really don't. Cause if he does that will mean our coaches (Mike T basically) and our FO don’t know what the hell they’re doing. And that’s a scary thought.

Btw, how many times is KP going to be traded to the Eagles? With the way this thread is surviving it seems he’s been traded to Philly more than once.

- - - Updated - - -

spot on. We better just hope Wilson’s play makes us forget about the KP disaster.
    It's the offseason. Not a single snap has been taken since he was traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    at this point, i don't want Kenny to succeed. I really don't. Cause if he does that will mean our coaches (Mike T basically) and our FO don’t know what the hell they’re doing.
    That's already been established.

And the more Kenny succeeds, the sooner we'll get a head coach in here who DOES know what he's doing.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Well, let's see if Pickett goes out and sets NFL records for TD passes and yardage this season that will both stand for the next 20+ years while winning NFL MVP honors and almost single-handedly carrying his new team on his back to the Super Bowl en route to a HoF career, because that's about the only thing he can do that would make the two situations even remotely comparable.

Somehow I doubt that's gonna happen given the evidence thus far.

Getting George Pickens in Round 2 pretty much negates the “they wasted a first round pick” argument. Even Connor Heywards contributions could be that of a second or third round pick compared to some other teams. “Wasting” a pick on Pickett is just like any other team wasting a pick or the Steelers “wasting” a pick on Artie Burns. It’s not that big of a deal anymore. They’ll recover…lol.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Well, let's see if Pickett goes out and sets NFL records for TD passes and yardage this season that will both stand for the next 20+ years while winning NFL MVP honors and almost single-handedly carrying his new team on his back to the Super Bowl en route to a HoF career, because that's about the only thing he can do that would make the two situations even remotely comparable.

Somehow I doubt that's gonna happen given the evidence thus far.
    Post of the day!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Some of you are living in the dark ages. Teams don't hold on to first round quarterbacks that don't work out anymore. You basically have a couple of years to prove yourself. The list of examples is very long. The idea that it sets a team back for years is a myth. 49s went to the Super Bowl last year one year removed from doing it.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It will only hurt the steelers big time if Kenny become great with the eagles or other team in the future but this is very unlikely.....

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

When did Kenny Pickett get traded?

This is the first that I am hearing about this.

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    When did Kenny Pickett get traded?

This is the first that I am hearing about this.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Some of you are living in the dark ages. Teams don't hold on to first round quarterbacks that don't work out anymore. You basically have a couple of years to prove yourself. The list of examples is very long. The idea that it sets a team back for years is a myth. 49s went to the Super Bowl last year one year removed from doing it.
    The 49ers were able to go back to the Super Bowl because their team is stacked and had the right offensive system in place for a guy to not place big demands on Brock Purdy, who is plain as plain as day as a Quarterback. They went to the Super Bowl years prior with Jimmy Garoppolo, who is hardly franchise QB material. The Shanahan 49ers are the Bill Cowher-Era Steelers before Ben and Andy Reid before Mahomes. Highly stable and competitive teams that can put anyone behind center and still be successful, but capped because of the Quarterback. Time will tell however if they will befall the same fate due to Purdy just not being good enough.

The Steelers are an overall average team who is not a Quarterback away. They're several pieces away, and are going into the '24 season with no long-term plan in place. Unless Russ or Fields has a miracle season of the ages, or god forbid, Rhys Plumlee emerges, the future looks very bleak. At least with Pickett we're still in the phase of evaluation before having a plan to move on, but now it looks like there is no plan and we're left hoping for the best.
    No Canada. No Pickett. No Excuses. Steelers get #7 in 2024. In Khan we Trust.

The 49ers were able to go back to the Super Bowl because their team is stacked and had the right offensive system in place for a guy to not place big demands on Brock Purdy, who is plain as plain as day as a Quarterback. They went to the Super Bowl years prior with Jimmy Garoppolo, who is hardly franchise QB material. The Shanahan 49ers are the Bill Cowher-Era Steelers before Ben and Andy Reid before Mahomes. Highly stable and competitive teams that can put anyone behind center and still be successful, but capped because of the Quarterback. Time will tell however if they will befall the same fate due to Purdy just not being good enough.

The Steelers are an overall average team who is not a Quarterback away. They're several pieces away, and are going into the '24 season with no long-term plan in place. Unless Russ or Fields has a miracle season of the ages, or god forbid, Rhys Plumlee emerges, the future looks very bleak. At least with Pickett we're still in the phase of evaluation before having a plan to move on, but now it looks like there is no plan and we're left hoping for the best.
    You’re wrong.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Steelers trying to fast track a postseason run. Do they really think they can make a Super bowl run with RW? thats the only way this thing sort of makes sense. Otherwise it was a waste to give up on KP prematurely. Somebodies acting like they don’t have time to wait on KP; i think its Tomlin or maybe Hayward and Watt.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">