Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Pickett traded to Eagles.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Kenny Pickett traded to Eagles.

Football is just a game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

When has Tomlin NOT wanted veteran experienced QBs?

This list is kinda long:

Charlie Batch
    Byron Leftwich
    Mike Vick
    Mason Rudolph
    Mitchell Trubisky

It’s a move that EVERYONE knew was going to happen when you have only an inexperienced QB on the roster as your one and only…it was only a matter of who that QB was going to be.

The surprise came when Fields was available for cheap and he wanted to come to Pittsburgh…Philly couldn’t get a deal done for Fields, Pittsburgh could…the natural happened.

It’s all pretty black and white. The only one confused is Kenny…but he shouldn’t be because the word “competition” has been going on since the season ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

On one hand you have the GM answering questions and telling you what happened with the Kenny Pickett trade. On the other hand you have people who are going to believe what they want to believe no matter what the GM says actually happened.

That sounds like the very definition of impasse. So rather than just keep repeating the same words over and over and over and over…
    How do you guys think Kenny will fare in Philly? Hurts will most likely miss a game or 2 with injury. I think last season was his first dressing for every game. If Hurts goes out is it Kenny next man up? He only needs to beat Will Grier for QB2.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Fuck Kenny Pickett

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Fuck Kenny Pickett
    I completely forgot the third hand.

There is another group of fans that have totally soured on the Kenny experiment altogether. The ‘he’s moved on, I’ll move on too’ group. I thought that was what I was relaying in another earlier post as well.

Senior Member Array title="feltdizz has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    When has Tomlin NOT wanted veteran experienced QBs?

This list is kinda long:

Charlie Batch
    Byron Leftwich
    Mike Vick
    Mason Rudolph
    Mitchell Trubisky

It’s a move that EVERYONE knew was going to happen when you have only an inexperienced QB on the roster as your one and only…it was only a matter of who that QB was going to be.

The surprise came when Fields was available for cheap and he wanted to come to Pittsburgh…Philly couldn’t get a deal done for Fields, Pittsburgh could…the natural happened.

It’s all pretty black and white. The only one confused is Kenny…but he shouldn’t be because the word “competition” has been going on since the season ended.
    the problem is Tomlin will play a vet just because of experience even if he stinks.. *cough* Mitch!!!

so to hear that Wilson was in pole position made the choice for Kenny obvious and I think Tomlin and our FO knew this when they made the move.

I just want someone to provide a few examples of starting QB’s who were demoted for proven vets who stuck around to win the job back. Especially when that QB was drafted by a GM who is no longer in charge.

Trade request happens EVERY TIME.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    the problem is Tomlin will play a vet just because of experience even if he stinks.. *cough* Mitch!!!

so to hear that Wilson was in pole position made the choice for Kenny obvious and I think Tomlin and our FO knew this when they made the move.

I just want someone to provide a few examples of starting QB’s who were demoted for proven vets who stuck around to win the job back. Especially when that QB was drafted by a GM who is no longer in charge.

and he is still the backup just different scenery and on a team now that the starter isnt on a 1 year deal thus all he really accomplished was having to move (something I hate to do , then again he likely hired someone to do it for him)

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

They designated KP as the starter to start the season. They even kept him as the official starter after he went down and was later cleared. But they stayed with the “hot hand”. Lol

then they double down and say he’s the starter going into the offseason with “competition”. Talk about speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Then they pull the rug from under Kenny with the Wilson signing. I understand why he was upset. I wish he kept it low key and accepted the Wilson signing but I understand it.

what I think they should’ve done this last season is just say Kenny is done for the year with a lingering injury and go with Rudolph. Then in the offseason just say they will figure out the Qb order in the offseason. That way they have their options open and no one is humiliated. I think they botched this. Maybe they don’t care, lol. But it doesn’t look good from the outside.

I case nobody has said it yet, Congratulations to the Eagles.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rich Gannon, Drew Brees, Alex Smith.

Senior Member Array title="Voice of Reason has much to be proud of">

and he is still the backup just different scenery and on a team now that the starter isnt on a 1 year deal thus all he really accomplished was having to move (something I hate to do , then again he likely hired someone to do it for him)
    He moved to a team that will hopefully be straight with him for a change, and where he will get better coaching.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    He moved to a team that will hopefully be straight with him for a change, and where he will get better coaching.
    Such a positive spin. Too bad you can’t ever say a nice thing about the Steelers like you do other teams.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Such a positive spin. Too bad you can’t ever say a nice thing about the Steelers like you do other teams.
    Such a ray of sunshine he is. While most of us fans looking ahead with excitement a few cling to “what could’ve been” with KP. It’s almost like they didn’t watch last year.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I think everyone should take a break. Go outside. Have a drink. Look at some butts. Pet a dog. Whatever floats your boat.

Y’all are teetering on the edge of the deep end.

There’s far more things in this world that are worth getting upset over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I think everyone should take a break. Go outside. Have a drink. Look at some butts. Pet a dog. Whatever floats your boat.

Y’all are teetering on the edge of the deep end.

There’s far more things in this world that are worth getting upset over.
    QFT.

Lock up the thread and move on…lol

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Another thread will just get started. The Pickett haters can't understand he's not a steeler anymore and just move on.

I think the QB room in Philly is more stable environment at the moment.

I think Tomlin and Khan said one thing while doing another in going after a legit starter in Russ.

- - - Updated - - -

damn.. I don’t like the way we handled this but I still want the Steelers to win a championship next year.

I think Tomlin and Khan said one thing while doing another in going after a legit starter in Russ.
    I think the team was pretty clear when they benched Pickett and then announced they were bringing in competition. The only mistaken notion was the belief by fans (here) that it was just coach speak. Pickett clearly didn’t want to fight for his job. One he hadn’t earned.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

He's gone! Time to move on.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think the team was pretty clear when they benched Pickett and then announced they were bringing in competition. The only mistaken notion was the belief by fans (here) that it was just coach speak. Pickett clearly didn’t want to fight for his job. One he hadn’t earned.
    With 1 QB on the roster we all knew more QB’s would come in to compete. What we didn’t believe is Russ wanted to come here. Once he did, there was no longer competition for 2024. It was Russ’ job to lose and unless he got hit by a PAT bus he was going to be the starter.

No QB sticks around when that happens. Its like sleeping in the guest bedroom when your ex girlfriend brings home a dude from the club. Its time for a change of scenery. Its over.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    The chosen few here just can't.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I've defended Kenny this whole time. From what I've seen, he was never going to lead us anywhere. I'm glad we got rid of him when we did.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

With 1 QB on the roster we all knew more QB’s would come in to compete. What we didn’t believe is Russ wanted to come here. Once he did, there was no longer competition for 2024. It was Russ’ job to lose and unless he got hit by a PAT bus he was going to be the starter.

No QB sticks around when that happens. Its like sleeping in the guest bedroom when your ex girlfriend brings home a dude from the club. Its time for a change of scenery. Its over.
    "Compete" as in a 6th round pick and a journeyman, or Mason? Clearly, that's not what Tomlin meant. Wishful thinking on Pickett's part.

Non-Franchise Quarterbacks get demoted all the time and remain on the team, what are you talking about? Pickett wasn't a franchise QB.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    This is a thread on Kenny Pickett. He is the subject. People who don't want to discuss him or the situation can move on by not coming into the thread.

Senior Member Array title="Penglose is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    You agree now that he needs some time and coaching?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    I've defended Kenny this whole time. From what I've seen, he was never going to lead us anywhere. I'm glad we got rid of him when we did.
    He led us to a respectable 9-8 finish despite a 2-6 start and being benched for the first half of the year as a rookie while playing in a terrible offense. He led us to 7-4 while playing in that same terrible offense. He had our first 400 yard game on Offense after Canada was fired. It wasn't Kenny's (Or Mason's fault) that the Defense performed below level yet again, and especially in the playoffs again.

Sadly, what they accomplished despite the odds wasn't worth another look in the eyes of the organization.

Russ better have an MVP campaign in 2024. That's the only way this doesn't cause remorse or regret.
    No Canada. No Pickett. No Excuses. Steelers get #7 in 2024. In Khan we Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post

Russ better have an MVP campaign in 2024. That's the only way this doesn't cause remorse or regret.
    So the only way he's better than Kenny is by having an MVP campaign? Lol. I won't have remorse even if Wilson plays so bad he gets benched. The team needs to move on from mediocrity sooner than it has historically. I like every decision since the unprecedented firing of Canada mid season.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

believing that "Kenny" is the reason we went 7-4 during his starts is laughable ...

what did Kenny do to win those games other than play like hot garbage ?

it was the defense that won those games and sometimes damn near single handedly .... see Cleveland with 2 Def TD's
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

believing that "Kenny" is the reason we went 7-4 during his starts is laughable ...

what did Kenny do to win those games other than play like hot garbage ?

it was the defense that won those games and sometimes damn near single handedly .... see Cleveland with 2 Def TD's
    Yeah, what was the offense averaging, about 15 points a game?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

So the only way he's better than Kenny is by having an MVP campaign? Lol. I won't have remorse even if Wilson plays so bad he gets benched. The team needs to move on from mediocrity sooner than it has historically. I like every decision since the unprecedented firing of Canada mid season.
    The Defense also gave up a 99 yard touchdown drive to the Cardinals, got stonewalled by Kendrick Green, Made Bailey Zappe look all-world, and was destroyed by Gardner Minshew. They still cannot stop the run, and they also did nothing in the playoffs yet again. If we need to move on from mediocrity then its time for this Defense to hit the road. They have not delivered anything but excuses.
    No Canada. No Pickett. No Excuses. Steelers get #7 in 2024. In Khan we Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The Defense also gave up a 99 yard touchdown drive to the Cardinals, got stonewalled by Kendrick Green, Made Bailey Zappe look all-world, and was destroyed by Gardner Minshew. They still cannot stop the run, and they also did nothing in the playoffs yet again. If we need to move on from mediocrity then it's time for this Defense to hit the road. They have not delivered anything but excuses.
    Well, they weren't the Steel Curtain. Time for the defense to hit the road? Get rid of them? C'mon, man!