Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Pickett traded to Eagles.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Kenny Pickett traded to Eagles.

The last Tomlin excuse is out.

That pretty much settles it. No long term plan in place now. 2024 is boom or bust for Mike Tomlin.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    That pretty much settles it. No long term plan in place now. It's boom or bust for Mike Tomlin in 2024.
    Likely going to draft Rattler to sit behind Russ as he is the most similar prospect skill set wise
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I posted this in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Just saw this on ESPN.

- - - Updated - - -

The last Tomlin excuse is out.

That pretty much settles it. No long term plan in place now. 2024 is boom or bust for Mike Tomlin.
    Always with the same anti-Tomlin perspective.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Jeremiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson 6. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="FordFairLane is a jewel in the rough">

Lets be honest. Pickett sucks. He might end up being a backup stopgap starter but nothing more. I used to post on steelernation but all the Pickett lovers that run that site got mad because I told them Mason Rudolph was better and the owner of the site had a crybaby fit. Literally like my toddler children. 90% of the morons on that site know absolutely nothing about football and they WRITE for it. I had to go remind them quick and the mouth breathers are all spazzing out because I called them out.

Always with the same anti-Tomlin perspective.
    Just telling it like it is. You know this as well as I do. There's no Trubisky, Mason, or Pickett scapegoat to blame anymore for Tomlin.

Making moves like this, the dude better deliver. In fact, it's time I made my own signature.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

What a shit show. Now our QB room is a 35 yr old on a 1 year deal

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Kenny Pickett traded to Eagles.

Oh well…now I gotta dislike Kenny.

He had small hands anyway.

Never really got a fair shot and probably won’t get a shot in Philly either.

Whole draft class on the move…lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I only wish we had traded him to Carolina so he can continue to piss DJ off.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Just telling it like it is. You know this as well as I do. There's no Trubisky, Mason, or Pickett scapegoat to blame anymore for Tomlin.

Making moves like this, the dude better deliver. In fact, it's time I made my own signature.
    I see no difference in the "always with the same anti Pickett perspective" Hypocrite?

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    If you think that's bad, pray the Steelers don't have another middling season. I think the faithful ain't gonna be too pleased if this doesn't work. Get it done, Khan.
    No Canada. No Pickett. No Excuses. Steelers get #7 in 2024. In Khan we Trust.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Pickett had initially accepted the possibility of a competition for the No. 1 job, according to Sports Illustrated, but seemingly changed his tone after Wilson's arrival. His "poor handling" of the situation had a hand in the Steelers' decision to deal him, per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/k...1qd3zohnfaro8d

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

No I really don’t see it like you do. But you can always count on VOR to bring the Tomlin hate to every thread also. I really don’t read it from 90% of the posters here. Just a very repetitively vocal minority.

Steelers ain’t messing with no attitudes!

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

I’m bummed about Pickett to be honest. I wasn’t sure what we had with him and wanted a full year to see without Canada. He had several 4th quarter comeback drives that were beautiful to see and I thought he had potential.

oh well, I’ll put my positive cap on and think that Tomlin and Khan saw that he could not get us to a SB and it was time to move on

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Maybe the standard is finally becoming what it needs to be?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    THEN, we signed Russ. Why is this confusing to so many?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Steelers ain’t messing with no attitudes!

I think Khan has taken the reins. It will be very refreshing when the time comes for hiring a new HC with Khan at the helm.

When he was drafted, the Steelers benched him for Trubisky, lied to him and Mason about a "competition" only to hand the job and Captain patch to Trubisky anyway, benched him again when was healthy for the guy they wound up jettisoning, now they're doing the Trubisky thing again by sticking him in another "competition" only he was going to be a backup anyway. Kenny already saw how they treated Mason Rudolph and wanted no part of it. The Steelers never really believed in him.

Maybe next time when the Steelers draft somebody they're real about their intentions. Best of luck to KP and Mason.
    No Canada. No Pickett. No Excuses. Steelers get #7 in 2024. In Khan we Trust.

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

Kenny never had "it". Say what you want about Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Brees etc. Every one of them OWNED their offense(and D too in some cases). Rudolph, Trubiusky, Pickett. Backup personalities all.

Kenny Pickett traded to Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I only wish we had traded him to Carolina so he can continue to piss DJ off.
    Or packaged them together...lol

- - - Updated - - -

When he was drafted, the Steelers benched him for Trubisky, lied to him and Mason about a "competition" only to hand the job and Captain patch to Trubisky anyway, benched him again when was healthy for the guy they wound up jettisoning, now they're doing the Trubisky thing again by sticking him in another "competition" only he was going to be a backup anyway. Kenny already saw how they treated Mason Rudolph and wanted no part of it. The Steelers never really believed in him.

Maybe next time when the Steelers draft somebody they're real about their intentions. Best of luck to KP and Mason.
    Mason has always sucked, he had plenty of years to show up. Kenny got a shitty chance...maybe Colbert was the only one that wanted him but Kenny also ran his mouth after the fact and got what he wanted.

Cleaned out the garbage and putting in an empty bag...let's see what they fill it up with...

Wilson and three QBs...incoming! (Tannehill?)

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Omar is not playing. He has a plan. People in the Internet world freakimg out because only 1 QB on the roster and 2 WRs with game experience. They aren't stupid. They will get backups. Free agency isn't over and now some options in the draft especially in the first 2 days.

Sent from my SM-F731U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    He will probably be in Pittsburgh for two more seasons if he plays decent…

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

KP was worth 30 spots in the middle of the draft.

He's awful!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Stupid, he’ll take Jalen Hurts job before long

are we going to trade PF too?

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Omar is not playing. He has a plan. People in the Internet world freakimg out because only 1 QB on the roster and 2 WRs with game experience. They aren't stupid. They will get backups. Free agency isn't over and now some options in the draft especially in the first 2 days.

Sent from my SM-F731U using Tapatalk
    Ok, KP wanted out because of Wilson. And apparently the team had more faith in MR and then in bringing in Wilson. As a fan, I’ll trust the guys in the locker room, they’re in the trenches, they know what’s up

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Stupid, he’ll take Jalen Hurts job before long

are we going to trade PF too?
    No way...Hurts would need to be awful to just have a chance to lose his job

Didn’t lose much. Dropped, basically, from a second round pick (maybe later) to a third round pick…