Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2023 - Week 15 Steelers vs Colts (NFLN)

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: 2023 - Week 15 Steelers vs Colts (NFLN)

Struggle to get 203 total offense yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I'm morbidly looking forward to Tomlin's press conference, but I doubt it'll even be interesting. Is there any point any more?

Nobody is going to ask him the real questions I'm interested in: is this team really as untalented actress the board as they look on the field? Because many showed quite a bit of talent early on. Is there any NFL team that you think the Steelers could actually beat without some kind of flukish luck? Do you think this team would actually be worse in the hands of a lesser coach? What exactly do you do better than lesser coaches to get the absolute best results out of the talent you have?
    When you have a bad team that fails the fundamentals on all levels and shows poor effort, it's not due to lack of talent. It's coaching. The Steelers have been poorly coachesld for quite a while, but they were able to look respectable due to talented players like Ben Roethlisberger. That bulwark is gone. Tomlin actually has to do his job, and for the most part he has failed miserably.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    When you have a bad team that fails the fundamentals on all levels and shows poor effort, it's not due to lack of talent. It's coaching. The Steelers have been poorly coachesld for quite a while, but they were able to look respectable due to talented players like Ben Roethlisberger. That bulwark is gone. Tomlin actually has to do his job, and for the most part he has failed miserably.

Surely you are mistaken. Ben Roethlisberger is responsible for this teams failures. Haven't you heard?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Remember, on the play Pickett was injured the Steelers were tied with the Cardinals at 3-3 and had the ball inside the 1 yard line going into fourth down with a chance to score. Since that time, the Steelers have been outscored 69-38 under Trubisky.

One of those touchdowns was at garbage time at the end of the Cardinals game. They scored a touchdown after a blocked punt starting from the opponent's 20 yard line. They scored a TD on a drive that started inside the opponent's 1 yard line after another blocked punt.

That's just off the top of my head. I mean, all these turnovers, and only getting scores when the drive starts inside the opponents 20 yard line.

Trubisky was a disaster. So much for the veteran presence.
    I warned y’all.

Remember when reasonable people thought Daboll fixed him ? Like he’s a wizard or something!!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    I think Tomlin is a good leader in terms of confidence and charisma, and has all the intangible qualities that make players want to play for him. The problem is, I don't know specifically what he does in terms of actual strategic decision making and football strategy that's any better than the coaches who routinely get fired in this league. I really like him as a head coach if and only if he has absolute wizards as coordinators. But he hasn't had anything really special since our last Super Bowl. And even Arians had major flaws in terms of scheming given how bad the O line was. But Ben made it work on offense and he had a legendary DC to go along with legendary talent on defense.

Ive never been a "fire Tomlin" guy, but unless he gets actual genius strategic minds under him quickly, I don't know that I wouldn't be opposed to taking a gamble on some great offensive mind as HC. Just not sure who that is.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I warned y’all.

Remember when reasonable people thought Daboll fixed him ? Like he’s a wizard or something!!

I was never against getting Trubisky as a backup, but I never wanted to see him on the field. They hadn't drafted Pickett yet and they had to get someone to put back there. They obviously didn't want Rudolph to start, so there is that. I can write a book about the offense, and I have in a way if you have read a bunch of my posts on the subject.

I know you have had to listen to that more than you wanted!

Trubisky can only do pedestrian things in a good offense with a good OC. Even then he makes mistakes, but at least he can do some things. He has just been baaaaaad. There is no room for error in this offense. Trubisky simply can't play in an offense that is broken and has no room for error. It is a very, very bad combination.

Remember, he used to use his legs. Now, he never even uses maybe his biggest asset. Not good

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Still like the idea of the veteran back up. They picked the worst one.

Next week they take a beating from Jake Browning…lol

Again, I was OK with Trubisky. Of course he wasn't my first choice, but he was what the organization wanted. I thought they could have done worse, but in this system he is like a fish out of water. He can't breathe and just heaves up passes off his back foot. He won't run much anymore, so he is just overwhelmed.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I was never against getting Trubisky as a backup, but I never wanted to see him on the field. They hadn't drafted Pickett yet and they had to get someone to put back there. They obviously didn't want Rudolph to start, so there is that. I can write a book about the offense, and I have in a way if you have read a bunch of my posts on the subject.

I know you have had to listen to that more than you wanted!

Trubisky can only do pedestrian things in a good offense with a good OC. Even then he makes mistakes, but at least he can do some things. He has just been baaaaaad. There is no room for error in this offense. Trubisky simply can't play in an offense that is broken and has no room for error. It is a very, very bad combination.

Remember, he used to use his legs. Now, he never even uses maybe his biggest asset. Not good
    If we can see it, imagine how the players feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

The Steelers problem: Art Rooney II

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    The Steelers problem: Art Rooney II
    What is the Patri*ts problem???

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Again, I was OK with Trubisky. Of course he wasn't my first choice, but he was what the organization wanted. I thought they could have done worse, but in this system he is like a fish out of water. He can't breathe and just heaves up passes off his back foot. He won't run much anymore, so he is just overwhelmed.
    I was okay with MT but there were a lot of other guys out there I would’ve picked first…

I even thought he’d be better than this as a backup.

Honestly Trubisky is just untethered to the offense. He’s not capable of running a “system” he just kinda does whatever and hopes for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I even thought he’d be better than this as a backup.

Honestly Trubisky is just untethered to the offense. He’s not capable of running a “system” he just kinda does whatever and hopes for the best.
    I'm not sure his "whatever" even translates anymore. I mean this was the Nickelodeon NVP at one point!!