Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin-isms

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Tomlin-isms

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Steelers coach Tomlin visits Bradenton, tells Pirates players to 'be where you are'

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/P...s/201603280101

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

This thread played above the line in all 3 phases.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

“The good teams, the dominant teams, aren't necessarily dominant in stadiums, but they are dominant largely in moments, when they do what's required to get out of stadiums with victories.”

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

http://newsinteractive.post-gazette....ew/tomlinisms/

(Sorry Stillers4me, I had to put this here )

Adam Crowley @adamcrowleySNR

Tomlin says the #Steelers need to minimize DeSean Jackson's "chunkability".

That's a new one.

6 Sep 2016

https://twitter.com/adamcrowleysnr

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Adam Crowley @adamcrowleySNR

Tomlin says the #Steelers need to minimize DeSean Jackson's "chunkability".

That's a new one.

6 Sep 2016

https://twitter.com/adamcrowleysnr

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

Tomlin: "Oftentimes, our past shared experiences weigh into the anticipation."
    "We'll let past history be past history" this time

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Coach Tomlin on A.J. Green

We know who he is.
    We knew who he was before last week.
    If you didn’t, now you do.
    But, we did.

https://twitter.com/RyanScarpino/sta...49427717890048

Coach Mike Tomlin updated the team's injury situation following the loss to Philadelphia.

“During this particular course of the journey, you have an opportunity to learn about yourself in terms of how you respond to adversity. I also believe this week we’ll get a snapshot of this group’s resilience and its ability to respond to injury because we have a number of guys who won’t be available to us for a number of reasons."

http://www.steelers.com/news/press-c...2-86f79e8992d7

“As long as they weren't moving it and scoring, we weren't extremely uncomfortable with how the game was unfolding,” Tomlin said, referring to the 13-point deficit prior to the blocked punt. “If you look at the offense in a vacuum, it could make you uncomfortable, but we don't do that.

We weren't ready to scrap the plan. We want to show some mental fortitude and show commitment to the planning and give guys an opportunity to work out of self-inflicted wounds.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...brown-steelers

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Basically, "We like being stubborn."

"If I thought the incidents were running rampant, then I would respond accordingly. It’s been popcorn. It’s a global thing."

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/po...es-are-popcorn

Good Lord. How can he not see that they are indeed running rampant?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

"When the kitchen gets hot, you need to make the complex simple. You need to make irregular regular."
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

BurghBoy412

Reading this thread took me back to his first presser. Sorry if this post doesn't belong here.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leehop71 View Post
    He's win at any cost and just not good enough to do so on a consistent basis. Gets his butt handed to him every time he faces Billy B. and most of the time when he faces Harbaugh, this year being the exception.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Didn't any of the Patriots get close enough to the Steelers sideline for him to trip?
    Man... I don't see you lasting long here

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Is this forum banned from truth telling?
    Just you. Your mom will be home soon anyway yelling at you to get off the computer and get a job. McDonalds is hiring.

Mike Tomlin defends onside kick

“I know analytically they probably fall in the lower percentages and things of that nature,” Tomlin said, via Jeremy Fowler of ESPN. “If I err, I’m always going to err on the side of action in an effort to win. My guys know that about me. I think more importantly them knowing that about me, they expect that from me. I don’t fear failure. I’m going to do what’s required to pursue victory, even if it comes across as unconventional. I’m certainly not going to steer away from decision-making for fear of ridicule. Those guys put a lot on the line when we step into stadiums to play. I, in turn, am responsible for putting a lot on the line and embrace doing so. I understand when things don’t work out and the criticism that’s associated with it. I embrace that. But I go to work with men every day that lay a lot on the line when they step in stadiums as well. I’m just going to provide the same efforts that they provide me.”

His answer, like his decision, still doesn’t make much sense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-onside-kick/

Mike Tomlin quotes: What he said, what he meant

By: Brian Harker

Mike Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the National Football League. He’s never had a losing season, and is known for being someone that guys respect and love playing for. Tomlin is equally known for the things he says, which are commonly referred to as “Tomlinisms”.

Tomlin is quite the wordsmith and has come up with many great sayings over the years. In this series, let’s take it a step further by telling you what he meant when he said them. Here are the first five of his many memorable sayings.

to read rest of article:

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...what-he-meant/

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

“Lean in at the tape”

Please tell me this is brand new!!