Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin-isms

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Re: Tomlin-isms

"Thats just low hanging fruit, " " It will only sustain you for so long."
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Tomlin was also asked if Bell riding a stationary bike was a good sign.
    "If you're looking for comfort, it is, but there won't be any bikes on the field on Saturday night," Tomlin said.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    Classic AFC North warfare
    Thats the one baby.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Junior Member Array title="Remember When......... is an unknown quantity at this point">

I'll take full responsibility for that.......Of course nothing happens except the team keeps losing when they should be winning.
    I'd like to know when he really will take any responsibility?

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Remember When......... View Post
    I'll take full responsibility for that.......Of course nothing happens except the team keeps losing when they should be winning.
    I'd like to know when he really will take any responsibility?
    Fire TURMLIN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="zoneblitzerII will become famous soon enough">

I like to be aggressive and go for two all the time but when it comes to offense, I'd rather turtle all day long with Michael Vick.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoneblitzerII View Post
    I like to be aggressive and go for two all the time but when it comes to offense, I'd rather turtle all day long with Michael Vick.
    From today's PC:

What Tomlin said about the failed 2 point conversion: "I'm not pondering hypotheticals"

Also regarding officials: "I'm not evaluating officials. I want to keep my money in my pocket."

On calling the league on behalf of Cameron Heyward: "I've got enough calls to make"

On Landry Jones performance: "He's a professional QB. We aren't going to throw pep rallies or parties"

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

"Shazier has a boo boo."

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

"I don’t want our offense to think it’s going to be a tough nut day."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

from Jim Wexell:

Q: Where did the term "Standard is the standard" come from?

MT: "I don't know. I don't think a lot about the things that I say, to be honest with you. I'm just trying to use words that vividly capture the imagination of our guys so that they can remember the messages, so they can somehow be ingrained in their mind, so they can somehow make it come alive inside stadiums on the grass. By whatever means we get that done, I'm for it. If they're parroting the things that I say or we say, that means it's getting home. And that's what we see."

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/st...ot-in-question
    Last edited by hawaiiansteeler; 10-27-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    from Jim Wexell:

Q: Where did the term "Standard is the standard" come from?

MT: "I don't know. I don't think a lot about the things that I say, to be honest with you. I'm just trying to use words that vividly capture the imagination of our guys so that they can remember the messages, so they can somehow be ingrained in their mind, so they can somehow make it come alive inside stadiums on the grass. By whatever means we get that done, I'm for it. If they're parroting the things that I say or we say, that means it's getting home. And that's what we see."

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/st...ot-in-question

That's a classic!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoneblitzerII View Post
    Never heard that one i would like to see a reference

Mike does have some awesome quotes, but they mean nothing, if it does not occur inside the stadium. This is December and .............

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Just keep going to the mattresses until the job is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Just keep going to the mattresses until the job is done.
    Lol...is that a real one??

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Lol...is that a real one??
    He used it in the San Diego game, or in the presser following. "It was time to go to the mattresses." From the Godfather movie.

I missed that...lol. Need a sound clip of that one.

I missed that...lol. Need a sound clip of that one.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...the-mattresses <<<< the story

Can't find an audio/video of it.

Lol. Thanks.

"I'm not going to get into the menutia of where we use them" on Blake/Boykin

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Junior Member Array title="Tank McGee is an unknown quantity at this point">

I'm brand new to the site and it looks like a good one. I just want to say that I was EXTREMELY disappointed with Tomlin for bringing in Vick, but, at the same time, I recognize that he is a very good football coach. Reading these "Tomlin-isms" reveals that the coach is an interesting and colorful character. I was a huge Tomlin supporter before Vick, and I think I can warm back up to him again.

Whenever he says "the standard is the standard," that's a good thing. We said that in the Army. It means that everyone is subject to the same rules and there are no favorites. The standard is the same regardless of who you are. I believe Cowher was weak in this regard. Cowher clearly had favorites who could do no wrong or were treated differently if they did.

Oh well. I'm sure the B&G will manhandle the ponies today in Pittsburgh and I'm looking forward to watching it.

Combat catches

Second-year receiver Martavis Bryant’s ability to run past opposing defensive backs has never been in question. His ability to make contested catches in traffic has been.

So when Bryant outfought Denver cornerback Aqib Talib for an important catch when the Steelers were deep in their own territory it was a positive sign for someone who has struggled to make those plays.

“We want consistent combat catches not only from him but all the guys,” Tomlin said. “That was a very positive part of Markus Wheaton’s game. We’re going to need that from all the guys. When called upon, we expect those guys to deliver plays for us. Some of those will be sticky and all of those guys have the skill set to deliver those types of plays.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201512220167

Combat Catches!! I love it.

Insert pointing Gif here...I can't find it...lol

Mike Tomlin won't get into postseason talk:

'The mail needs to be delivered, and we focus on delivering the mail'

http://60maxpowero.com/patriots/cont...elivering-mail

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Mike, I hate to bring the bad news, but the mail ain't getting delivered.
    All Defense!

LOST CAUSE

Tomlin's record against sub-.500 teams at the time they played them over the past two years (4-7) has come under scrutiny.

Tomlin said that's something he would look at during the offseason.

“Really, I'm in the midst of this 2015 season,” Tomlin said. “Painting with a broad brush and looking over the course of an extended period of time and things of that nature, that's stuff you do in the offseason. So we'll do it at that time.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz3vpIiAJoR