Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ‘Didn’t Want To Leave Pittsburgh’: Le’Veon Bell Explains Contract Dispute, Why He Left Steelers For Jets

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

‘Didn’t Want To Leave Pittsburgh’: Le’Veon Bell Explains Contract Dispute, Why He Left Steelers For Jets

Last edited by polamalubeast; 05-26-2023 at 10:12 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: ‘Didn’t Want To Leave Pittsburgh’: Le’Veon Bell Explains Contract Dispute, Why He Left Steelers For Jets

This should generate a calm, rationale, and reasonable discussion...

There are certainly some fascinating things brought up in the interview.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

‘Didn’t Want To Leave Pittsburgh’: Le’Veon Bell Explains Contract Dispute, Why He Left Steelers For Jets

Hard to listen to…

What point does he talk about the contract? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Re: ‘Didn’t Want To Leave Pittsburgh’: Le’Veon Bell Explains Contract Dispute, Why He Left Steelers For Jets

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Hard to listen to…

What point does he talk about the contract? Anyone know?
    about the 50 min mark
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    about the 50 min mark
    Thank you. I listened to about 35 minutes and couldn’t tolerate it anymore. The host is pretty bad too…

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

"$13 million a year? Why y'all gonna send me the same contract again that I already turned down?"

*proceeds to sign for $13 million a year with NY*

It was certainly a well thought-out stand on principle.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    "$13 million a year? Why y'all gonna send me the same contract again that I already turned down?"

*proceeds to sign for $13 million a year with NY*

It was certainly a well thought-out stand on principle.
    I guess it’s the thought process that “what’s the worst that can happen, I get offered similar money from somewhere else…so why not take a shot at more?” Only he lost $13-14 million in the process…seems logical…

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

His career never recovered because he never fit in anywhere. He forgot football is a team sport.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    His career never recovered because he never fit in anywhere. He forgot football is a team sport.
    ……and only the Steelers O-linemen knew how to block for his weird running style……That “pause and go”.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Hind-sight is always 20/20. I'm glad he can now look back and see his mistakes, and is able to admit them. Hopefully this will make him a better mentor for others. But, I don't see why the Steelers owe him any favors or why they should let him re-sign and retire as a Steeler. If they grant his request, great. He's beyond helping the team now. This is all about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Hind-sight is always 20/20. I'm glad he can now look back and see his mistakes, and is able to admit them. Hopefully this will make him a better mentor for others. But, I don't see why the Steelers owe him any favors or why they should let him re-sign and retire as a Steeler. If they grant his request, great. He's beyond helping the team now. This is all about him.
    I kinda never really thought of bringing him back but since you brought it up, the idea intrigues me. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in to see if he has anything left in the tank. If after the eval, he's a little better than McFarland, I see no harm in signing him. I can't see how he's not more talented...within 42 carries, I think Bell, without being looked at, can be better than McFarland. How long is McFarland going to steal a paycheck? He and Anthony Miller should be brought up on charges. Two very wasted roster spots...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I kinda never really thought of bringing him back but since you brought it up, the idea intrigues me. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in to see if he has anything left in the tank. If after the eval, he's a little better than McFarland, I see no harm in signing him. I can't see how he's not more talented...within 42 carries, I think Bell, without being looked at, can be better than McFarland. How long is McFarland going to steal a paycheck? He and Anthony Miller should be brought up on charges. Two very wasted roster spots...
    Well, he carried the ball in 2021 39 times for 101 yards. And 5 receptions. That is 44 touches. Does it compare?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

He could've gone down as one of the greats.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

The guy openly admitted to smoking pot before games, then in the next breath wants to still play... just pure stupidity. That's the kind of stuff you talk about AFTER you're done playing, especially since it is still against NFL policy.

I'm sorry but I want no part of this dude in the locker room. If the Steelers want to sign him to a one day deal to let him announce his retirement, fine, but again I don't want him anywhere near the locker room. Bell & AB were great but also a cancer on that 2017 team that should have won.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    The guy openly admitted to smoking pot before games, then in the next breath wants to still play... just pure stupidity. That's the kind of stuff you talk about AFTER you're done playing, especially since it is still against NFL policy.

I'm sorry but I want no part of this dude in the locker room. If the Steelers want to sign him to a one day deal to let him announce his retirement, fine, but again I don't want him anywhere near the locker room. Bell & AB were great but also a cancer on that 2017 team that should have won.
    Those 2(AB and Bell)as good as they were,they were also a big reason(with Martavis) why the lockerroom was so toxic at the end of the killer B's era....Big time drama every week!

It was embarrassing....Some steelers team were worse on the field than the killer B's era but the killer B's era were the most disappointing era in steelers history, in big moment and also off the field with drama every week

From all I’ve heard, Bell was a great teammate. I never heard anything about him being a cancer in the locker room. He just chose not to play when he was tagged the second time. That being said, I have no interest in having him back. All the linemen who knew how to block for him are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    This is something all teams do. Let a player sign a one-day contract and retire. It's something the Steelers should do because it's (1) tradition and (2) classy, and if the Steelers aren't those two things, they're just another one-of-the-mill organization.

Senior Member Array title="El Kabong has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    This is something all teams do. Let a player sign a one-day contract and retire. It's something the Steelers should do because it's (1) tradition and (2) classy, and if the Steelers aren't those two things, they're just another one-of-the-mill organization.
    I'm just wondering if Bell earned that honor. He didn't lead us to a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I'm just wondering if Bell earned that honor. He didn't lead us to a championship.
    Neither did Rod Woodson.

If he is not honored by the steelers it will be because of the way it ended...Football is still a team sports...

The guy wanted money. He held out for money. He eventually screwed himself and left. No where did he ever besmirch the Steelers Organization. He didn’t create near the drama that AB did and shouldn’t be put in that category. Did he create a story for the media? Sure he did…just like 1/3 of the league does.

Not nearly the “problem” that scorned fans like to think he “was”.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

The guy wanted money. He held out for money. He eventually screwed himself and left. No where did he ever besmirch the Steelers Organization. He didn’t create near the drama that AB did and shouldn’t be put in that category. Did he create a story for the media? Sure he did…just like 1/3 of the league does.

Like I said if he wants to sign a one day deal to retire a Steeler, absolutely, but it sounds like he wants to sign and still try to play. For that I'm going to have to say no way, unless he just wants to be a backup, but as others have said none of these linemen know how to block for him and this is now Harris's team. Warren is more than capable as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Like I said if he wants to sign a one day deal to retire a Steeler, absolutely, but it sounds like he wants to sign and still try to play. For that I'm going to have to say no way, unless he just wants to be a backup, but as others have said none of these linemen know how to block for him and this is now Harris's team. Warren is more than capable as a backup.
    He should definitely be a back up if he’s signing anywhere…if he thinks he’s starting material…good for him, good attitude to have but he’s not gonna be signed anywhere as that. He’d have to earn that.

It was not as bad like AB at the end but it was still bad when the talks around Bell at the end was when he was going to show up and Bell was doing nothing to help himself with some stupid tweet...that was such a mystery....we must not forget his suspensions too in the past, so although it was not at the AB level, it was still bad that I don't want a situation like this to happen again for the steelers

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

any player that asks for guaranteed money imo is showing that they're unwilling to bet on themselves, the steelers did the right move by not budging.
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="El Kabong has much to be proud of">

Neither did Dermontti Dawson, Chad Brown, Mark Bruener, and so on.
    My gut reaction is that Woodson and those guys are more worthy of the honor.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

F bell. he CHOSE to leave the steelers. they made him a very generous, more than fair offer and he still walked. retire a jet dickhead.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

My gut reaction is that Woodson and those guys are more worthy of the honor.
    I don't think playing for 5 seasons with the team, winning nothing of note, and then quitting on the team because of your own ego in possibly the dumbest contract dispute in history, qualifies you as a "lifelong member" of the team or deserving of any special honor.

What are the odds that we'd get two potential all-time talented players at their positions at the same time, and they were also two of the league's all-time meatheads who malfunctioned within about 6 months of each other.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I think Bell will come back. As a retired player and be a quality rep for the Steelers. Think about Santonio Holmes back in the day....traded away after being a moron. He considers himself a Steeler after leaving under arguably worse circumstances than Bell.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg