Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriots Caught Cheating AGAIN

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Patriots Caught Cheating AGAIN

Patriots docked two OTA sessions, Bill Belichick fined $50K for violating NFL offseason rules

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...es-per-report/

time to update my sig
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Patriots Caught Cheating AGAIN

Sounds kinda like a bullshit overreaction in my opinion…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Sounds kinda like a bullshit overreaction in my opinion…

Belichick has been doing shit like that for years. You always hear about how Belichick's teams are so much more prepared than other teams. They run so many more defensive looks and coverages than anyone else. How do you think that stuff is done? It is done by players spending a lot more time working on things. It is expected there and has been allowed to continue for a long time. I think the players have finally had enough of his bullshit and aren't going to take it from him anymore of demanding more time than if you play anywhere else.

This was filed by the Player's Association, not the league. The NFL acted on the filing against the team by the players. The players know exactly what is going on and what is expected of them by the coach. The coaching staff makes it very clear that they want participation whether it is mandatory or not. I'm sure players have been getting bullied there for as long as Belichick has been there. If Belichick is going to be lauded for being so detail-oriented, meticulous, and being on top of everything all the time, there is no way anything like this that is planned a year ahead of time is going to just be an oversight. This was an attempt to force players to put in more time than is allowed by the CBA.

It is always Belichick bending or breaking the rules. He gets zero slack from me because that's all this guy does is try to get around rules everyone is supposed to be subject to. This guy lives to get an unfair edge over everyone else.

This is his MO. It's what he does. It's who he is.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Belichick has been doing shit like that for years. You always hear about how Belichick's teams are so much more prepared than other teams. They run so many more defensive looks and coverages than anyone else. How do you think that stuff is done? It is done by players spending a lot more time working on things. It is expected there and has been allowed to continue for a long time. I think the players have finally had enough of his bullshit and aren't going to take it from him anymore of demanding more time than if you play anywhere else.

This was filed by the Player's Association, not the league. The NFL acted on the filing against the team by the players. The players know exactly what is going on and what is expected of them by the coach. The coaching staff makes it very clear that they want participation whether it is mandatory or not. I'm sure players have been getting bullied there for as long as Belichick has been there. If Belichick is going to be lauded for being so detail-oriented, meticulous, and being on top of everything all the time, there is no way anything like this that is planned a year ahead of time is going to just be an oversight. This was an attempt to force players to put in more time than is allowed by the CBA.

It is always Belichick bending or breaking the rules. He gets zero slack from me because that's all this guy does is try to get around rules everyone is supposed to be subject to. This guy lives to get an unfair edge over everyone else.

More like decades.

Tucker agrees with Walsh: Patriots practiced with IR players

ESPN.com news services

May 22, 2008, 05:27 PM ET

Ross Tucker, a former offensive lineman who played for five teams in a seven-year NFL career, reiterated Thursday that he believes that New England used players on the injured reserve list in practices, which violates league rules.

...Tucker continued to contend the Patriots used injured players illegally during an interview on ESPN's "NFL Live." He first wrote about it last week on SI.com.

Tucker told "NFL Live" that Patriots coach Bill Belichick will do anything he can "to get an advantage." He also added that using a player on injured reserve in practice was of "minimal" benefit.

Last Friday, in an article published on SI.com, Tucker wrote that: "I had heard the Patriots did this before I signed with them in 2005 and I saw it firsthand during my time there. I asked veteran receiver Troy Brown about it one time and he responded, 'Every team in the league does that.' I quickly let him know none of the three teams I played for previously had done so.

"Basically, the Patriots would put a player on IR, knowing it meant he couldn't play in a game or practice with the team for the remainder of the season. By skirting the rules and practicing him anyway, it allowed them to develop his skills during the year. A side benefit is that they were also able to give some of the older players less repetitions and, therefore, additional rest."
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3408450

The "Patriot Way."

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

I’ll agree with 100% of this but this “cheating” infraction was a 15 minute meeting that was put on the schedule and threw everything off. If they don’t put this meeting in the schedule (meaning it’s “voluntary”), it’s not an issue. It’s a little bit of an overreaction for a 15 minute “meeting”…IMO. But I guess you can also write it off as punishment for something else they didn’t get caught doing…lol

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The conversation this morning on Keyshawn, J.Will, and Max went to the AFC East predictions and they began talking about not counting out Bill Belichick and the Patriots. Max Kellerman said BB will have the Patriots ready and competitive every season, and then referred to him as a "Poor man's Mike Tomlin".

I think the Patriots have a mountain to climb to be competitive in the AFC East this season. But that comment made me laugh so hard. I can't wait until it gets back to Belichick. How the 'GOAT' has fallen.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The conversation this morning on Keyshawn, J.Will, and Max went to the AFC East predictions and they began talking about not counting out Bill Belichick and the Patriots. Max Kellerman said BB will have the Patriots ready and competitive every season, and then referred to him as a "Poor man's Mike Tomlin".

I think the Patriots have a mountain to climb to be competitive in the AFC East this season. But that comment made me laugh so hard. I can't wait until it gets back to Belichick. How the 'GOAT' has fallen.

There is a chance that the Pats could be last in their division.

I think what this also means is that coaching isn't quite as important as some people think. I'm not saying it's not important. But if you have a talented QB and a decent O line and receivers, you'll go very far in today's NFL no matter the situation.

The coaching talent comes in when you're having to cover for talent. Interestingly, that's where Tomlin seems to shine. There are a few seasons where we have no business having a winning record. Yet, we did. If I had to create an order of importance, it'd be (1) player talent (2) overall scheme (3) individual coaching talent. Of course, scheme and player talent are intermixed as is coaching talent. You have to create a scheme to match the talent, and draft talent to match the scheme, and it's coaching talent that drives these things. But right now, I think BB's coaching talent is being exposed because he lacks the player talent.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I think what this also means is that coaching isn't quite as important as some people think. I'm not saying it's not important. But if you have a talented QB and a decent O line and receivers, you'll go very far in today's NFL no matter the situation.

The coaching talent comes in when you're having to cover for talent. Interestingly, that's where Tomlin seems to shine. There are a few seasons where we have no business having a winning record. Yet, we did. If I had to create an order of importance, it'd be (1) player talent (2) overall scheme (3) individual coaching talent. Of course, scheme and player talent are intermixed as is coaching talent. You have to create a scheme to match the talent, and draft talent to match the scheme, and it's coaching talent that drives these things. But right now, I think BB's coaching talent is being exposed because he lacks the player talent.
    I remember a post game presser after a basketball game. The losing coach when asked about strategy on the court replied that players were just missing shots. It doesn't matter what plays you draw up if the players miss the shot. This can be said in the NFL as well. There are a ton of really good to great football coaches in the NFL. It's the players that have to play the game. If players aren't focused or execution is off or there are drops, missed tackles, the list goes on, that's not really on the coaches, but it's ultimately on coaching.

Players must execute the game plan.

all goes back to a Good QB can make an average coach look good and a Good Coach can make an average QB look good.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Billy B wins by out planning the enemy. He’s the general that convinces his troops they will win by enacting a superior plan. But nobody likes him. They don’t really want to be there. So if the plan doesn’t work, they got nothing else to work with.

Tomlin wins by convincing his troops they can do ridiculous things. Things they didn’t think they could do. He has plans as well but if the plan fails, the troops still believe they’ll win because their general said so. Tomlin creates an environment where guys would storm the gates of hell with a spaghetti noodle if he asked.

Both styles of leadership can and do work. But one is more insulated from random fluctuations because the players actually want to be there.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    But one is more insulated from random fluctuations because the players actually want to be there.
    Well not always ...

Arthur Maulet
    Steven Nelson
    Melvin Ingram

Just in the last few years

and then there was

Antonio Brown
    Leveon Bell who held out until they eventually cut ties

Im sure there is likely others we are not privy to that was just cut over being unhappy about their roles etc
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Well not always ...

Arthur Maulet
    Steven Nelson
    Melvin Ingram

and then there was

Antonio Brown

Im sure there is likely others we are not privy to that was just cut over being unhappy about their roles etc
    If you do the research and make a complete list of players that wanted a trade out of Pittsburgh or just for the team to cut them so they could sign elsewhere, I promise I can match name for name with at least another player who stated he didn't want to play anywhere else or for anyone else. Including Coach Cowher who said on Footbahlin' he never even considered coming back to coaching because he couldn't fathom coaching any other team.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Well not always ...

Arthur Maulet
    Steven Nelson
    Melvin Ingram

and then there was

Antonio Brown

Sure. There’s always gonna be guys that don’t want to pitch in.

But you’ve got reports about guys leaving NE not over $$$ but because they didn’t like going to work. In Pitt they leave over dollars but talk about how they liked being there. Well, except for AB and he’s nutso. And Ingram, and he was right. He could still start. But the rest on your list left and dropped off the map. Is Nelson even still in the league? No one jumped to sign Maulet. He sucks.

I stand by what I said. Tomlin has created a roster of dudes who would March through hell for him. All he has to do is ask. There are other coaches who’ve done same but not many.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

fuck billy b, once a cheater always a cheater
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

But you’ve got reports about guys leaving NE not over $$$ but because they didn’t like going to work. In Pitt they leave over dollars but talk about how they liked being there. Well, except for AB and he’s nutso. And Ingram, and he was right. He could still start. But the rest on your list left and dropped off the map. Is Nelson even still in the league? No one jumped to sign Maulet. He sucks.

I stand by what I said. Tomlin has created a roster of dudes who would March through hell for him. All he has to do is ask. There are other coaches who’ve done same but not many.
    Houston Texans https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...million-source
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Well not always ...

Arthur Maulet
    Steven Nelson
    Melvin Ingram

and then there was

Antonio Brown

Not to mention LeGarrette Blount and James Harrison who preferred the Patriots.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

But you’ve got reports about guys leaving NE not over $$$ but because they didn’t like going to work. ...............
    There isn't a team, or company, or educational institution, where you won't find some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    fuck billy b, once a cheater always a cheater

No one with a brain who plays or coaches in the NFL thinks that Belichick did anything particularly outrageous. He had a camera on the field, right out in plain site. Everyone could see it and everyone knew it. Hardly cheating. That had been legal but the commissioner clamped down on it. Belichick thought that was stupid because you have 70,000 people in the stands anyone of which could have a camera. So, was Belichick arrogant in not following the new rule? You could say that. Was he cheating? Nonsense. All the teams have cameras pointed at the opposition sideline, they're just located in a different place.

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    No one with a brain who plays or coaches in the NFL thinks that Belichick did anything particularly outrageous. He had a camera on the field, right out in plain site. Everyone could see it and everyone knew it. Hardly cheating. That had been legal but the commissioner clamped down on it. Belichick thought that was stupid because you have 70,000 people in the stands anyone of which could have a camera. So, was Belichick arrogant in not following the new rule? You could say that. Was he cheating? Nonsense. All the teams have cameras pointed at the opposition sideline, they're just located in a different place.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Are Steeler fans upset that Belichick was one of many coaches that had cameras on the field? No. Are they upset that the Patriots kicked their ass for 20 years? Yes.

"Overall, Belichick has won eight Super Bowl titles (the most of any individual in NFL history) and finished as runner-up four times from his combined time as an assistant and head coach."

"
    The Brady-Belichick dynasty, which spanned 20 years, is the greatest dynasty in North American sports history. Brady won seven Super Bowls (six with the Patriots, one with the Buccaneers)."

Are Steeler fans upset that Belichick was one of many coaches that had cameras on the field? No. Are they upset that the Patriots kicked their ass for 20 years? Yes.

"Overall, Belichick has won eight Super Bowl titles (the most of any individual in NFL history) and finished as runner-up four times from his combined time as an assistant and head coach."

"
    The Brady-Belichick dynasty, which spanned 20 years, is the greatest dynasty in North American sports history. Brady won seven Super Bowls (six with the Patriots, one with the Buccaneers)."

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

and thats not the end of the story .
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    and thats not the end of the story .
    Just a couple of facts that need to be considered when talking about cheating.

1. The 'just mad because you didn't think of it first' reasoning. People that don't cheat don't TRY to think up ways to cheat. Not thinking of it first is because no effort was put into thinking of it. The fact that Bill thought of it at all, and employed that idea, proves the fact that he is a cheater.

2. The NFL does not give fines and/or take away draft picks for something everyone does so it's ok to do. Nobody with a brain thinks that.

This one was not a deliberate cheat but...if it were not an actual fumble, there would be no need for the term 'Tuck Rule'. It would have simply been ruled not a fumble and moving on. The fact that this happened is proof the Raiders actually should have won that game and moved on, not the Patriots. First post season asterix. That is a fact.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...g-spygate-era/
    Multiple Ex-Patriots players, coaches, employees, etc have admitted to the accusations of cheating. There is no doubt it happened.

Just a couple of facts.

Ranking NFL's greatest dynasties of the past six decades: Patriots, Steelers battle for top spot

These teams have and will continue to stand the test of time

By Bryan DeArdo
    Jun 4, 2021 at 11:38 am ET•14 min read

Jim Davis/Getty Images
    In a world of unknowns, there are several assurances that are as consistent as the four seasons. If you're a sports fan, you know that every year, a new champion in each league is crowned. The NFL, for example, has crowned a champion every year since its inception in 1920. Some teams have enjoyed more championship success than others, while some fan bases are still waiting for their day in the sun.

There have been a few championship teams that have been fortunate enough to establish themselves as a dynasty. In baseball, the Yankees of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig dominated their era while leaving a lasting imprint on the sport. The Montreal Canadiens of the 1950s and '60s contributed mightily to the franchise's record 24 Stanley Cup wins. Bill Russell's Boston Celtics won an unheard of 11 NBA titles in a 13-year span, while Michael Jordan's Bulls went 6-0 in the Finals during the 1990s.

The NFL has had more than its share of dynasties. Curly Lambeau's Packers of the late 1920s and early '30s became the first NFL franchise to win three consecutive titles. George Halas' Bears won six titles from 1932-46. Paul Brown's Cleveland Browns, after dominating the AAFC, won an NFL title during their inaugural season. They won two more titles in the 1950s before Jim Brown powered Cleveland to a fourth NFL title in 1964.

Nine other teams have managed to put together similar championship runs over the past 60-plus years. With the start of the 2021 season on the horizon, we decided to rank the NFL's top dynasties over the past six decades. The criteria used when coming up with this list is as follows:

• Championships won
    • Sustained run of excellence
    • Players/coaches
    • Enduring legacy

1. New England Patriots (2001-18)

No dynasty can match what the Patriots put together during the first two decades of the millennium. In all, Bill Belichick's team won six Super Bowls, nine AFC titles, and 17 division titles. The Patriots also completed the only 16-0 regular season in NFL history in 2007.

The Patriots won three Super Bowls in a four-year span from 2001-04. After a 10-year hiatus (that included two heartbreaking losses to Eli Manning'sGiants), New England won three Super Bowls in a five-year span from 2014-18. The common denominator during the Patriots' reign was Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady, who took home MVP honors during four of his six Super Bowl wins in New England. Two of Brady's former teammates, cornerback Ty Law and receiver Randy Moss, have been enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Defensive lineman Richard Seymour, a member of the Patriots first run of championships, is a three-time Hall of Fame finalist. Former Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski will be fitted for a gold jacket five years after his final NFL game.

Why they're No. 1: The Patriots' sustained success is remarkable considering it took place during the NFL's salary cap era. New England also overcame a slew of worthy competitors that includes Peyton Manning'sBroncos and Colts, as well as Ben Roethlisberger's Steelers. Patriots detractors can point to the team playing in the underwhelming AFC East along with the fact that they endured Spygate and Deflategate. Controversies aside, no one can argue with the Patriots' unparalleled success.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...-for-top-spot/

Forgive my not taking the bait to change the subject.

Report: Patriots coaches admit team stole play sheets during Spygate era

According to an ESPN report, Patriots coaches admit they stole playsheets during the Spygate era.

By Will Brinson

There are a number of pretty stunning nuggets in the ESPN Outside the Lines report from Tuesday morning. Among them are an NFL owner calling Deflategate "a makeup call" and a report the Patriots taped opponents in up to 40 different games from 2000 through 2007.

Additionally, ESPN reports that the Patriots had a more "effective cheating method" -- notably a "low-level Patriots employee" would steal opponents play sheets.

From the OTL report:
    In fact, many former New England coaches and employees insist that the taping of signals wasn't even the most effective cheating method the Patriots deployed in that era. Several of them acknowledge that during pregame warm-ups, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into the visiting locker room and steal the play sheet, listing the first 20 or so scripted calls for the opposing team's offense.
    ESPN also reports the "practice became so notorious" that opposing coaches would put out fake play sheets for the Patriots to snag.

And the Patriots, according to OTL, would have employees "rummage through" opponents' hotels.

Numerous former employees say the Patriots would have someone rummage through the visiting team hotel for playbooks or scouting reports.
    It wasn't just former Patriots coaches and players who spoke to ESPN about the matter: a former competition committee member says the Patriots were a consistent topic of discussion.

A former member of the NFL competition committee says the committee spent much of 2001-06 "discussing ways in which the Patriots cheated," even if nothing could be proved.

The whole thing is a wild, lengthy story and worth a read. Needless to say, the notion that Deflategate ended with the ruling from Judge Richard Berman is silly.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...eap-from-2022/