Thread: Zeke Elliott Rumor?

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

Zeke Elliott Rumor?

I read a headline today at work that said "Zeke Elliott seen at Steelers Facility". I went back when I had a minute and could not find it again. Any meat to this rumor? I am not even sure whether I would like it or hate it...Cowboy stink is a mighty stink!!!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Zeke Elliott Rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by bendsteel View Post
    I read a headline today at work that said "Zeke Elliott seen at Steelers Facility". I went back when I had a minute and could not find it again. Any meat to this rumor? I am not even sure whether I would like it or hate it...Cowboy stink is a mighty stink!!!
    He was at Shazier's charity event. Former OSU teammates.

I thought it might be click bait. Still, Kinda weird that Zeke was a half bust if you ask me.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

I think that rumor came from Dunlap at the "The Fan." Obviously, he should know (and probably did) that Shazier's charity event was a likely source for Elliott's presence in Pittsburgh, but sports media types these days care more about social media traffic than they do reporting news accurately. I'm sure no one is shocked by that.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Zeke Elliott Rumor?

Too much money…

Here’s the article:

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Sorry!

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

washed up
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Has been bowl
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

elliot is a classic example on why you dont give RB's big money 2nd contracts.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Remember that time we had Felix Jones? I'd take Zeke as an RB3 over McFarland... lol. That said, he's obviously in Pittsburgh for Shazier's event.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Zeke is way too slow at this point

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

No! He is more worn out then Nick Cannon's penis.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the Cowboys playoff game was over at halftime when Pollard got hurt and all Dallas had at rb left was Zeke.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    elliot is a classic example on why you dont give RB's big money 2nd contracts.
    Bingo!

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

it's kinda strange how back in the day RB's remained relatively consistent over 10 or 12 years. A few going longer and still being productive . nowadays giving most RB's a 2nd bigger contract usually ends with regret. i think the trend started about the time of Shawn Alexanders big payday in 2006. The Seahawks paid him and he immediately turned to shit. of course there are exceptions like Cafferty.
    personally i dont think RB's should be taken in the 1st round and i would never give one a long contract with big money. there are too many examples of late round or undrafted backs to make a big investment in one. invest in the 5 hogs up front and the running game will sort itself out.