Thread: The Steelers have informed veteran CB Ahkello Witherspoon that he’ll be released

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The Steelers have informed veteran CB Ahkello Witherspoon that he’ll be released

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    ·
    1m
    The #Steelers have informed veteran CB Ahkello Witherspoon that he’ll be released, source says. He started 7 games over the last two seasons.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: The Steelers have informed veteran CB Ahkello Witherspoon that he’ll be released

It looked like he was going to be a redemption story in 2021, then he Agholor leaped over him and he was all done.

Really trimming the fat off of this roster.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: The Steelers have informed veteran CB Ahkello Witherspoon that he’ll be released

didnt see that coming , wonder if he acted as a hostage instead of a volunteer
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

YES!!!

Both Maulet and Witherspoon gone in one off-season? Too good!

I don't even care if all the new guys suck and they are stuck playing XFL Bucaroo at CB for 17 games. At least it will be a different collection of lottery tickets.

Witherspoon is exactly who he has always been....likely looks great in practice, he's long, and runs fast. But blow the whistle and start the games and he is wildly inconsistent with the stretches of terrible play outweighing the flashes of good play.

San Francisco, Seattle, and now Pittsburgh. That is three defensive oriented teams that have all given up on this guy.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

I know many of you probably are not, but I am a little surprised (not upset - surprised). I thought they would run another year with Witherspoon. Hopefully, it means they like what they have seen from Trice in the very little window of opportunity they have had to see him.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Free's up another 2.6 million ....

with the signing of Mason and Pickett the clear starter one must wonder if Mitch is next and another big signing takes place
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

bummer, i had high hopes for him after his first year as a starter for us. he did drop off fast
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I wonder if he was a contract disagreement also.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I wonder if he was a contract disagreement also.
    Lots of that going around this time of year.

I would like to continue to get paid millions of dollars, thanks!
    Yeah...we dispute that we're going to do that. We would prefer to just not pay you and have you no longer work here.

Witherspoon will likely catch on somewhere else. And disappoint there. Dude is Artie Burns with less bad press.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

No loss here. Another “bad player” off the roster…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I can't believe how quickly Khan is turning over the bottom half of the roster. Glad to see them try new things

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I can't believe how quickly Khan is turning over the bottom half of the roster. Glad to see them try new things

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Before the Pat Pete signing he was poised to be a starter, and now he's an easy choice depth/salary casualty. Gotta love it.

I just hope Trice or Sullivan are ready to really prove out this preseason; our hole at slot looks dire. Khan's done excellent work everywhere else so I'll trust the reality is better than the optics on this one.