Thread: What's left need wise?

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

What's left need wise?

I really only have time to keep up on the teams actual happenings and less so on the "needs to happen" topic. I am thinking we are one solid slot corner away from where we should be. Certainly, I guy can dream up some stuff, but what other pieces do we really need. We are not yet SB contenders and I will not fool myself into thinking that, but we damn sure better make the PO and one and out is BS stuff for the Browns. I waill make it simple...what do we need and who is that guy?

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Re: What's left need wise?

A competent OC.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

- Offensive coordinator
    - LB depth
    - DL depth
    - DB depth
    - Basically depth across the whole defense
    - Hopefully the OL will be good enough but not holding my breath
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

I'm a little skeptical about our ILBs. I think we have some guys that play the run very well, which is great, but now we don't have a sideline to sideline guy.

Teams that like to throw short to quick and elusive RBs might be a problem for us, but overall...I'm really excited about this roster's potential.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    A competent OC.

I second that

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    I'm a little skeptical about our ILBs. I think we have some guys that play the run very well, which is great, but now we don't have a sideline to sideline guy.

Teams that like to throw short to quick and elusive RBs might be a problem for us, but overall...I'm really excited about this roster's potential.
    both of the guys we signed in the off season have enough quicks to be capable of sideline to sideline play ... that said I have not seen either of them play all that much to know if they actually do it well or not

Elandon Roberts runs a 4.6

Cole Holcomb runs a 4.48

so they both have enough speed , its a matter of how they handle the traffic and how well they get off blocks etc
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    both of the guys we signed in the off season have enough quicks to be capable of sideline to sideline play ... that said I have not seen either of them play all that much to know if they actually do it well or not

Elandon Roberts runs a 4.6

Cole Holcomb runs a 4.48

so they both have enough speed , its a matter of how they handle the traffic and how well they get off blocks etc
    I did not realize Holcomb could run like that. I do feel a little better about that group now.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    I did not realize Holcomb could run like that. I do feel a little better about that group now.
    they both have enough quick in their game , I personally just do not know how well they navigate traffic and get off blocks .... we shall see but I am hopeful as what we do know is they can tackle and that alone is step up from Bush
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Clearly the answer is the better mullet on the team.

On a more serious note, slot corner and depth at linebacker are the biggest concerns.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

The ILB group is very questionable. I won't be shocked if it gets rebuilt again in 2024.

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

I am praying for a Van Noy signing! It has been hinted. One of my best friends is a Chargers Fan. He is NOT happy about us possibly getting TWO of his men! He would fit in nicely.