Thread: Free agent LB Kwon Alexander visiting Steelers

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Free agent LB Kwon Alexander visiting Steelers

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Free agent LB Kwon Alexander visiting Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    May be a better signing than the Bud Dupree idea…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Re: Free agent LB Kwon Alexander visiting Steelers

dude is a walking injury.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    dude is a walking injury.
    That almost seems like a contradiction.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I like this signing. KA is a starter level defender in this league. I'm not sure where he will play for this defense and he will probably have to be a depth piece, at least initially. But I do like having his experience and level of committment and play added to the lockerroom.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I like this signing. KA is a starter level defender in this league. I'm not sure where he will play for this defense and he will probably have to be a depth piece, at least initially. But I do like having his experience and level of committment and play added to the lockerroom.
    Did they make it official?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Like Dupree, he left the building without a contract. Not happening.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

"You're gonna be rotational here, you gonna be a punk about it like Melvin Ingram"
    "Maybe
    "Aight bye"

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I think they have like 3-4 open roster spots and the next set of off-season camp stuff starts next week or so....

Gotta figure some more signings are coming. Wouldn't be surprised if this dude ends up coming back in because no one else wants a guy whose game is predicated on speed and agility coming off of an ACL AND and Achilles...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I think they have like 3-4 open roster spots and the next set of off-season camp stuff starts next week or so....

Gotta figure some more signings are coming. Wouldn't be surprised if this dude ends up coming back in because no one else wants a guy whose game is predicated on speed and agility coming off of an ACL AND and Achilles...
    I thought it was a signing. He already came back from the ACL, and the achilles was over 2 years ago. He has been in a starter role his entire career. I really like the player, just not sure where he plays on this defense.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I thought it was a signing. He already came back from the ACL, and the achilles was over 2 years ago. He has been in a starter role his entire career. I really like the player, just not sure where he plays on this defense.
    I got to imagine those injuries have taken their toll.

He had one really good year (2019) prior to the injuries as the "coverage" LB. Then he got injured, missed a bunch of time, and the JETS seem willing to let him walk out of town with a rotating cast of no-names as the current replacement plan.

Kind of similar to all the current Steelers ILB. Injuries, lack of high end tape, and holes in their game....I suspect Alexander got their offer and he will now shop around the rest of the league hoping the Steelers interest spurs the rumored Raiders interest to be a better fit...if not he comes here and challenges Holcomb and Roberts to be the "primary" ILB...

I would imagine he’d have to be in the OLB rotation. But he may want more snaps then what they’d offer him…same as Dupree and Ingram.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

If he can still move and run well, he could probably get a lot of snaps in passing sub- packages, since against some teams that will be the most played defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I would imagine he’d have to be in the OLB rotation. But he may want more snaps then what they’d offer him…same as Dupree and Ingram.
    But does that work as a 3-4 OLB at less than 230LBs? I think he's an off-ball LB on this defense. He's not setting the edge vs NFL OTs on a regular basis. Our current ILB rotation is interesting though. And if he's a coverage LB, can he hary guys like Andrews coming across the middle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUSwF5ChErs