Thread: Steelers Schedule

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers Schedule

We have known who the Steelers' opponents would be for months now, but tonight at 8 we find out the full schedule.

Of course, much has leaked at this point.

The biggest tidbit so far seems to be that the Steelers will open, at home, with the Niners.

There are others out there but that was biggest one, to me, so far.

Other leaks: Packers at home week 10; Week 2, Monday Night At home with Browns; Raiders away week 3; Last week of season at Ravens.
    Last edited by oneforthetoe; 05-11-2023 at 05:13 PM.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers Schedule

It's the hardest possible matchup to start the season for the Steelers but at the same time, the 49ers lost in week 1 vs Bears last year, so we never know!

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It's the hardest possible matchup to start the season for the Steelers but at the same time, the 49ers lost in week 1 vs Bears last year, so we never know!
    Could be better to play them early though. Not that it usually matters to the Niners who their QB is, but they may be in flux to start the season if all the injured are not back.

Ok take it for its worth it's from 93.7 PM team, but here is the leaked full schedule.

1) Home Niners
    2) Home Cleveland Monday Night
    3) Away Raiders Sunday Night
    4) Away Houston
    5) Home Ravens
    6)Bye Week
    7) Away Rams
    8) Home Jacksonvillie
    9) Home Titans Thursday Night
    10) Home Packers
    11) Away Cleveland
    12) Away Cincy
    13) Home Cards
    14) Home Patriots Thursday Night
    15) Away Colts
    16) Home Cincy
    17) Away Seahawks
    18) Away Ravens

I'll wait to discuss further until I see if it's correct, but two Thursday Night games? Come on man!

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Ok take it for its worth it's from 93.7 PM team, but here is the leaked full schedule.

1) Home Niners
    4) Away Houston
    5) Home Ravens
    6)Bye Week
    7) Away Rams
    8) Home Jacksonvillie
    10) Home Packers
    11) Away Cleveland
    12) Away Cincy
    13) Home Cards
    15) Away Colts
    16) Home Cincy
    17) Away Seahawks
    18) Away Ravens

I'll wait to discuss further until I see if it's correct, but two Thursday Night games? Come on man!
    Thanksgiving game at home would be nice though.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

1) Home Niners
    4) Away Houston
    5) Home Ravens
    6)Bye Week
    7) Away Rams
    8) Home Jacksonvillie
    10) Home Packers
    11) Away Cleveland
    12) Away Cincy
    13) Home Cards
    15) Away Colts
    16) Home Cincy
    17) Away Seahawks
    18) Away Ravens

Dang! That looks like a friendly schedule. I'm going 11-6.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Early bye and playing the Ratbirds in Baltimore again in last game of the season.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Per various sources that schedule holds:

Thoughts: At first it seems pretty easy but there are some challenges - as there should be.

We were 4- 1 against NFC last year. That will be harder to repeat this year. The Cards and Packers should be winnable , but the Rams. Niners and Cryhawks could be a challenge.

Three trips to the West Coast.

At least the two Thursday Night Games are home. The short weeks sucks, but if you win, it must be a good feeling to have the weekend off.

Schedule gets pretty tough at the end, which, lately, the Steelers the have been playing well at the end of season.

My Tomlin Game? Packers. Just don't ever seem to play that well against them. Plus, it is week ten. So, that is just in time to put us behind the 8 ball - and god forbid we ever do anything easy.

Last game vs Ravens is tbd. Probably a good chance it gets flexed to Saturday or Sunday Night.

Early thought: I am also going 11-6.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Per various sources that schedule holds:

Thoughts: At first it seems pretty easy but there are some challenges - as there should be.

We were 4- 1 against NFC last year. That will be harder to repeat this year. The Cards and Packers should be winnable , but the Rams. Niners and Cryhawks could be a challenge.

Three trips to the West Coast.

At least the two Thursday Night Games are home. The short weeks sucks, but if you win, it must be a good feeling to have the weekend off.

Schedule gets pretty tough at the end, which, lately, the Steelers the have been playing well at the end of season.

My Tomlin Game? Packers. Just don't ever seem to play that well against them. Plus, it is week ten. So, that is just in time to put us behind the 8 ball - and god forbid we ever do anything easy.

Last game vs Ravens is tbd. Probably a good chance it gets flexed to Saturday or Sunday Night.

Early thought: I am also going 11-6.
    My "Tomlin game" is the Patriots. Brady is gone and they're not all that good anymore yet they still managed to find a way to beat the Steelers last season. Hoodie seems to outsmart Tomlin every time they face off. Granted we were in the midst of the Trubisky experiment, so I don't know.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Projected win totals:

Bengals 11
    Ravens 9.9
    Browns 9.3
    Steelers 9

Tight and competitive. I don’t agree with the order.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-schedul...or-2023-season

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Projected win totals:

Bengals 11
    Ravens 9.9
    Browns 9.3
    Steelers 9

It’s just so early. One wonky ACL or pectoral and those numbers change a great deal.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

How do you win .3 of a game? That is saying 10 wins.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post

I hope Vegas, the experts, and all of media continue to predict the Browns outperform the Steelers every year from now until eternity.

There is no greater gift!

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Why do the Steelers almost every year get an early bye? It is ridiculous that this happens so often with the schedule. Two Thursday night games on Amazon Prime sucks too.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

So right off the bat looking at this schedule if you drop $449 dollars on YouTube's Sunday Ticket you are only guaranteed to get 10 out of the 17 games the rest are on NBC/ESPN/AMZN.

Ouch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Projected win totals:

Bengals 11
    Ravens 9.9
    Browns 9.3
    Steelers 9

I can't believe the Ravens/Browns are just going to quit a 9/10 and 1/3 of the way through their 10th game like that! Is that even allowed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    They clearly failed the 3rd grade math section on "rounding". (Ironically I just helped my 3rd grade daughter do this last night).

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I hope Vegas, the experts, and all of media continue to predict the Browns outperform the Steelers every year from now until eternity.

There is no greater gift!
    The Browns did not finish with a better regular season record since 1989!...They are overhyped almost each year since 2019

For the schedule,I always hate when the final 2 regular season game are on the road.....

If Broderick Jones is the starter from the start of the season,he will face player like Nick Bosa,Myles Garrett and Max Crosby in his first 3 career games!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

If Broderick Jones is the starter from the start of the season,he will face player like Nick Bosa,Myles Garrett and Max Crosby in his first 3 career games!
    Yup, could be a big test. But the Steelers could also use the other rookie in TE Darnell Washington to help in pass protection if needed. Lets face it, a lot of these Georgia and Bama players compete against NFL caliber opposition in practice daily in college.

The O line looks much improved, now we need to see if Benton can contribute early on the D line and guys like Leal, Loudermilk and Larry O can be impactful. Going to be fun to watch.

How much does Deshaun Watson get paid .3 of a game - and Lamar for .9?

If I had to pick the records as of now:

Bengals 12 -5 - Not sure why they would have Bengal down to only 11 wins. I guess because of the division.

Steelers 11 -6

Ravens 9-8 - I think the Ravens are being overrated. A 32 year-old wr and a rookie wr do not automatically make you the greatest show on turf. And if Lamar presses - with his I could throw f or 6000 yards - he is liable to become a turnover machine.

Browns 9-8 - The masses just love the Browns. Every year it is, "what a great roster they have." And every year it turns out to be a Brown's Roster.

How much does Deshaun Watson get paid .3 of a game - and Lamar for .9?

If I had to pick the records as of now:

Bengals 12 -5 - Not sure why they would have Bengal down to only 11 wins. I guess because of the division.

Steelers 11 -6

Ravens 9-8 - I think the Ravens are being overrated. A 32 year-old wr and a rookie wr do not automatically make you the greatest show on turf. And if Lamar presses - with his I could throw f or 6000 yards - he is liable to become a turnover machine.

Browns 9-8 - The masses just love the Browns. Every year it is, "what a great roster they have." And every year it turns out to be a Brown's Roster.
    4 teams with a winning record?!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

4 teams with a winning record?!
    Well, I debated having the Browns with a losing record. However, it's not all that crazy. Browns were 2 games short last year and both the Browns and Ravens were one game short in 2021. NFC east had three teams with winning records and Washington at 8-8-1 last year.

AFC South could also have three teams with losing records.

Still, your point is valid.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Sigh. I always hope our home game vs the Raven is a prime time game. We haven’t gotten one the last few seasons

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Opening lines for the Steelers complete 2023 schedule

Now that the schedule has been released, it’s time to see the opening betting lines for the Steelers 17 games.

By Dave.Schofield
    May 12, 2023

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...kings-news-nfl