Thread: JJ to the Steelers is gaining momentum

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

JJ to the Steelers is gaining momentum

I’ve dismissed the notion but the idea is gaining momentum in the media and even on social media with JJ and Tomlin. Supposedly he’s coming in for a visit. I’m gonna put the chances at 60% at this point. I think it would be a good signing. He’s not the POY of the past but he still played at a pretty high level last year.

What do you think? Chances? Like or not?

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: JJ to the Steelers is gaining momentum

It would be good signing no doubt. As a situational pass rusher/ part time sub, I think he could still be force to be reckoned with - assuming he hasn't eaten too many Subway Subs in the last year. If they resign Derek tomorrow, then you can be assured it's happening. Seriously though, it would be a low risk but potentially high yield decision. Just imagine stretch run to make the playoffs (which I am confident they will be in) and a healthy JJ, TJ, Cam and Alex just teeing off on quarterbacks. I'll take that chance.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’d like it. He’s still better than at least 40% of the league at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Wow. The thought of JJ and TJ rushing the QB from opposite sides makes me tingle.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

The Cards still own his rights, no? So, it would take some draft capital. Still could be worth it.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    The Cards still own his rights, no? So, it would take some draft capital. Still could be worth it.
    he is free agent

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Although I'd LOVE to have JJ here it's never gonna happen.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I’ve dismissed the notion but the idea is gaining momentum in the media and even on social media with JJ and Tomlin. Supposedly he’s coming in for a visit. I’m gonna put the chances at 60% at this point. I think it would be a good signing. He’s not the POY of the past but he still played at a pretty high level last year.

What do you think? Chances? Like or not?

I'm trying not to get too excited about this, but it would be an incredible pickup if he plays for a reasonable number.

12.5 sacks and 7 passes defensed last season. He is the ultimate teammate, and I'm sure getting to play with his brothers would be a dream come true.

JJ Watt as a rotational/role player would be beyond amazing. Health is always a concern, but even a fraction of his immense talent would be sufficient and the inspirational effort he gives is still there if he wants to play.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

They should offer him as much $ as possible to sign him. He has many intangibles.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I thought he retired due to an A-Fib diagnosis? But I don't really pay that much attention to the reports on non-Steelers so maybe not. JJ the player vs TJ the player to see who can win DPOY for the Steelers would be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    he is free agent
    Thank you. I thought he had a year left.