Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Ariza ?

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Matt Ariza ?

He just got acquitted. And has a monster of a leg as a punter.
    Our punting game is not the strongest. Should the Steelers be giving him a call or are past allegations that were not true enough to keep the Steelers away ?

I would be interested in bringing him to camp.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Re: Matt Ariza ?

I would give him a second chance and opportunity to prove himself again. But that's just me. I'm sorry for the guy. I don't think he's ever coming back to NFL. If his arm is strong as his leg, some teams (read clowns) would've gave him 300 million guaranteed no matter if he's acquitted or not. I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Послато са Redmi Note 9 Pro помоћу Тапатока

Senior Member Array title="FordFairLane is a jewel in the rough">

Kid got railroaded and I feel bad for him. But I just don't see the Steelers signing a guy with baggage. I hope someone gives him a shot this summer tho.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’d sign him. Already would’ve…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I was a big fan last year , was dumbfounded when the Bills KNEW the claims prior to drafting him he killed the competition in camp and got cut because the news wire started hitting a lilttle to hard ....

now he has been exonerated , proven that he was not even where this happened when it happened and was proven to be railroaded by a woman wanting $$$$ she should be forced to serve the amount of time that he would have had to serve if he was found guilty because this wasn't a mistake it was an effort to extort and he lost a lot of money he will never get back last year and has a accusation that will follow him a lifetime even tho he did nothing
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I understand he's been 'proven' innocent, but alleged pedophile is just not worth the baggage
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

If he’s more consistent than Harvin sign him. Good punting is underrated. Was hoping Harvin would flatten a punt returner - never got to see it, the only thing he’s shown is inconsistency

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    I understand he's been 'proven' innocent, but alleged pedophile is just not worth the baggage
    woah woah woah thats awfully strong words there ....

accused , and proven innocent ... PERIOD no baggage because he didnt do anything wrong...

and if if he had done it pedophile is strong language too he is 22 ( would have been 20 and a half at the time , she was 17) so 2.5 years age difference to me that is FAR from a pedophile

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

woah woah woah thats awfully strong words there ....

accused , and proven innocent ... PERIOD no baggage because he didnt do anything wrong...

and if if he had done it pedophile is strong language too he is 22 ( would have been 20 and a half at the time , she was 17) so 2.5 years age difference to me that is FAR from a pedophile
    this is already way too much word salad to justify it for a punter of all positions
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Maybe he can find the real rapists in his copious spare time.

man some of you guys I sure as hell wouldn't want on a jury if I was falsely accused of a crime

Innocent until proven guilty sure alludes some of you , and proven innocent means certain guilt to some too ....

dayum

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

If he’s innocent then he’s innocent.

And agree that age difference between 20 and 17 is not criminal.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

man some of you guys I sure as hell wouldn't want on a jury if I was falsely accused of a crime

Innocent until proven guilty sure alludes some of you , and proven innocent means certain guilt to some too ....

dayum
    A good looking white dude doesn’t get sympathy, plus he’s not a QB. I’d sign him.

Senior Member Array title="El Kabong has much to be proud of">

He wasn't proven innocent, he was found not guilty.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    He wasn't proven innocent, he was found not guilty.
    Actually, he wasn’t “found not guilty”, he wasn’t even formally charged. After the investigation it was found he wasn’t at the house when this all happened.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    If he’s innocent then he’s innocent.

And agree that age difference between 20 and 17 is not criminal.
    In many states it really is.

If you’re in college and trolling for black out drunk high school students,,,,you’re far from totally innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    In many states it really is.

If you’re in college and trolling for black out drunk high school students,,,,you’re far from totally innocent.
    what part of he wasn't even there do you not get ?

and what part of she was involved in what looked like consensual sex with multiple men at the same time none of which where named Matt Araiza per video recordings

Maybe this will help clear it up for you...

Perhaps most notably, the district attorney’s office concluded that Araiza couldn’t have led the girl into the alleged gang rape because he “left” the home at about 12:30 a.m., an hour prior to when evidence suggested the alleged gang rape would have occurred.

“He wasn’t even at the party anymore,” deputy district attorney Trisha Amador explained. Later, Amador stated of the timeline of events, “All I know is that at that point, suspect Araiza is gone from the party.”

Additionally, prosecutors told the girl that video recordings of the incident in the bedroom made it impossible to determine — let alone prosecute anyone — whether there was a gang rape at all that night, rather than consensual sex with the other men.

“In looking at the videos on the sex tape, I absolutely cannot prove any forceable sexual assault based upon what happened,” Amador said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/prosecutors...225211550.html

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    A good looking white dude doesn’t get sympathy, plus he’s not a QB. I’d sign him.
    He’s Mexican.

what part of he wasn't even there do you not get ?

and what part of she was involved in what looked like consensual sex with multiple men at the same time none of which where named Matt Araiza per video recordings

Maybe this will help clear it up for you...

https://sports.yahoo.com/prosecutors...225211550.html

And I don’t care. Every college has “those guys” that throw “that party”. Black out drunk girls. Spiked drinks. Whatever. People that roll that way and hang out with that crowd are never totally innocent.

Did he do this? No idea. His buddy says no. Im not weighing in on this. He’s a douchebag. Of that, I have no doubt. That’s all I’m saying.

Teams will go out on a limb for douchebags that play QB. But punters? Pass.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

it doesn't matter if he's innocent, he's still gonna be called a rapist and a pedophile. i mean look at ben's accusers they were full of shit and they still called him rapistbuger
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Dreegking will become famous soon enough">

Ya. Sign him. No baggage except that which goes on behind the scene as he sues her. Which I hope he does.

They already signed an exciting gimmick Punter.

Sign this guy too. And fast.

Some of the stats I have seen floating around on the new Steelers rookie minicamp punter seem to indicate he is all that and a bag of chips with no external baggage.

150 straight punts without a without a touchback and 60 inside the 20?

That sounds impressive. I have zero context for college punting stats....

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

He wasn't there when it occurred and is innocent - of the charges in question.

But this is still the crowd he rolls with. There is something to be said for the kind of company you keep. We don't expect someone barely old enough to drink to have impeccable judgment in these matters. But we also don't need the baggage and media attention here unless he's explicitly come out and said he was distancing himself from that crowd.

With the NFL wanting more and more to push into Mexico, it could make the Steelers more marketable, having a 12-15 year run with the guy. We can call him "El Punto." That's about the only positive spin I can think of.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Maybe if Harvin was a better punter this thread wouldn’t have been created. Maybe his belly gets in the way of his punting motion. He should lose weight that might help.

As far as Ariza, I’d bring him in and maybe sign him if he proves better than Harvin

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    And I don’t care. Every college has “those guys” that throw “that party”. Black out drunk girls. Spiked drinks. Whatever. People that roll that way and hang out with that crowd are never totally innocent.

Did he do this? No idea. His buddy says no. Im not weighing in on this. He’s a douchebag. Of that, I have no doubt. That’s all I’m saying.

Teams will go out on a limb for douchebags that play QB. But punters? Pass.

more than his buddy say no ... the DA says no , the assistant DA says no ....the evidence says NO ....

I hope you have led a saintly life as you hold folks to a mighty high standard because I think pretty much everyone knows a guy who did something to someone at one time or broke the law in some manner themselves whether its a parking ticket or a dui or a stop sign violation , jay walking , littering or got fined for punching someone in the mouth ..I mean you had better be a saint if you find fault in ones character to call them a douchbag because they flipping knew a guy ....

come on you are better than this or at least I thought you was

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Bottom line, it's the kind of thing that would get a guy passed on in the draft (the company he keeps), so I also think it will keep him (a lowly punter) from being signed, at least in the near term.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    He wasn't there when it occurred and is innocent - of the charges in question.

But this is still the crowd he rolls with. There is something to be said for the kind of company you keep. We don't expect someone barely old enough to drink to have impeccable judgment in these matters. But we also don't need the baggage and media attention here unless he's explicitly come out and said he was distancing himself from that crowd.

With the NFL wanting more and more to push into Mexico, it could make the Steelers more marketable, having a 12-15 year run with the guy. We can call him "El Punto." That's about the only positive spin I can think of.
    wtf are you even talking about The DA says evidence shows no forcible rape even happened they went on to say (had you bothered to read it) that it looks more like someone having consensual sex with multiple partners at the same time based on the video evidence .....

so here is what it tells me ....

Party going on and everyone is pounding back the beers and whatever else was present , girl gets drunk and is flirty makes a poor drunken decision to screw several guys who also drunk dudes are like hey she wants it and is willing so lets hammer it home and everyone is happy until she sobers up and says woah wait I did what , well IT IS THEIR FAULT because "I" was drunk and didnt realize what I was doing .... umm the guys were drunk too but none of it can be her fault as it has to be theirs because you know being a year or two older means you suddenly make good decisions while drunk (NOT)...........

now if she was raped I have a completely different take on this but she was NOT raped ... this is HER fault as much as anyone else's ...she broke the law and got drunk at 17 , she then ALLOWED several men to give her the old sausage and then cried wolf when it was done ...

ruin the reputation of all those young men and cost one a job of a lifetime in the NFL screw that she needs to go to Jail for false accusations and do the time they would have had to do if found guilty .... this is so much like that Rowing team incident 15-20 years ago where those young mens lives were ruined only to find out later ( much later) they were all innocent !!!

more than his buddy say no ... the DA says no , the assistant DA says no ....the evidence says NO ....

I hope you have led a saintly life as you hold folks to a mighty high standard because I think pretty much everyone knows a guy who did something to someone at one time or broke the law in some manner themselves whether its a parking ticket or a dui or a stop sign violation , jay walking , littering or got fined for punching someone in the mouth ..I mean you had better be a saint if you find fault in ones character to call them a douchbag because they flipping knew a guy ....

come on you are better than this or at least I thought you was
    Unless you are reading different reports than have been posted here the only piece of evidence that was entered into the record that punter guy was not there was the testimony of his close friend. There is no video evidence of him leaving the premises; just as there is no video evidence of him being on the premises.

The DA office and investigators did not say they know who did or did not do what, at least in the review piece I read. They said, as all prosecutorial bodies do, that we are not moving forward with this case because we do not think we can successfully prosecute this beyond the requirement of a shadow of a doubt. They have doubts. So they decided to not take a flawed case to trial. That does not mean anyone really knows what version of events took place that night. Likely no one ever will - unless additional evidence is recovered from a phone.

A parking ticket, moving violation, or littering are a big-ass order of magnitude different than being accused of rape. If you wanna equate the two....then by all means. And if you have ever spent time on a college campus or know people who have; then this should make sense to you. Everyone knows the guys and girls that are skirting the line of not only good taste, but moral and legal limits. Most people have the good sense to avoid those folks and those settings. This dude clearly didn't and still doesn't. Every single person I have ever met that acted in a similar fashion spent most of their adult life being a douchebag.

Again...I never said dude did a crime. I am just saying that people familiar with the college setting and lifestyle will look at this and make a variety of intuitive leaps about who this dude is and how he lives his life. The conclusions they draw will not be pretty. I am sure NFL teams and scouts do this constantly since the majority of their new employees are coming from that setting.

The Steelers likely heard and excused a great deal of stuff about a young Ben R because he played QB. It almost catastrophically bit them in the ass. I suspect few teams are going to want to run similar risk for a punter.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

now if she was raped I have a completely different take on this but she was NOT raped ... this is HER fault as much as anyone else's ...she broke the law and got drunk at 17 , she then ALLOWED several men to give her the old sausage and then cried wolf when it was done ...
    I've had you blocked for ages and only checked this message because you quoted me.

Statutory rape is rape. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. Let's put ourselves in a position to have minors over and get wasted, but you know, those are a bunch of stand-up young men. Sounds like I made a good call on blocking you.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

wtf are you even talking about The DA says evidence shows no forcible rape even happened they went on to say (had you bothered to read it) that it looks more like someone having consensual sex with multiple partners at the same time based on the video evidence .....

so here is what it tells me ....

Party going on and everyone is pounding back the beers and whatever else was present , girl gets drunk and is flirty makes a poor drunken decision to screw several guys who also drunk dudes are like hey she wants it and is willing so lets hammer it home and everyone is happy until she sobers up and says woah wait I did what , well IT IS THEIR FAULT because "I" was drunk and didnt realize what I was doing .... umm the guys were drunk too but none of it can be her fault as it has to be theirs because you know being a year or two older means you suddenly make good decisions while drunk (NOT)...........

ruin the reputation of all those young men and cost one a job of a lifetime in the NFL screw that she needs to go to Jail for false accusations and do the time they would have had to do if found guilty .... this is so much like that Rowing team incident 15-20 years ago where those young mens lives were ruined only to find out later ( much later) they were all innocent !!!
    Jesus, the Duke lacrosse scandal(or shall we say non scandal)was that long ago. Hard to believe all charges completely dropped if there was any smoke. I mean Trump just lost a verdict and the so called victim couldn’t even recall the year it happened and never lodged a complaint. This day and age if they had any evidence the kid would be crucified.