Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie Minicamp and Hakeem Butler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Rookie Minicamp and Hakeem Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I can not remember the last time a rookie minicamp invite generated so much contentious posting!

Happy to keep things exciting and contentious for you! Even if it wasn't my intention.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Happy to keep things exciting and contentious for you! Even if it wasn't my intention.
    I appreciate it. Gotta be stuck in front of a screen for 10+ hours a day....may as well enjoy some of it!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreegking View Post
    lol. My friend…

I do not care what he ran 5 years ago in track pants and while training with a track coach for his starts. while forgetting about football. I look at the game. On the field. Watch how he moves. He’s not slow of course. But he ain’t sun 4.5. Just the eyeballs tell you that.
    I mean you could say that about 95% of the league…maybe more…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I can not remember the last time a rookie minicamp invite generated so much contentious posting!

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Stuff from day one, don't any of you get too excited now. Deep breaths.

https://twitter.com/FarabaughFB/status/1657055691746443268

Last edited by BlackAndGold; 05-12-2023 at 04:40 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Pete Oliver out of Holy Cross is an interesting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreegking View Post
    Ya. MaYbe bring the QB to camp also.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, he does not look sub 4.5. He’s not. He’s fast enough. But not a blazer.
    Trust the clock not the eyes. I played hockey with a kid that looked slower than molasses. In fact, it looked as though he was moving in slow motion. Yet, he was faster than 90 percent of the people on the ice. Butler is tall and every stride covers a lot of ground. So, I agree, he doesn't look ​sub 4.5 but he actually is.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Seems like maybe it will not matter....

Butler did not attend rookie minicamp as initially reported and there is still no official notice contract terms between the team and Butler. While, they did announce the CB from the XFL as officially signed.

Makes MojoUW think that maybe Butler found another offer he likes better? Or is considering options? Gotta figure that the "best" WR in an entire minor league might have more than one offer....

Also....I am far too LAZY to look for the actual threads but saw my first XFL or UFL game this weekend. I think it was UFL at the UAB facility and like MAYBE 3 dozen people were there. The broadcast was piping in crowd noise. What a total joke of a league. I realize it was a gorgeous Mother's Day weekend afternoon....but still....there are not more than 20 people that are related to the players on the two teams?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

One of the PG columnists opined the Steelers didn't feel it necessary to bring Butler in for that level of camp, but that he would be there later.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

no idea if it is correct or not but I read last night ( somewhere god only knows where ) that Butler could not attend because that xfl season had not yet concluded and contractually he was still bound there ...is that accurate or not I haven't a slightest but it sounded logical enough at the time
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

no idea if it is correct or not but I read last night ( somewhere god only knows where ) that Butler could not attend because that xfl season had not yet concluded and contractually he was still bound there ...is that accurate or not I haven't a slightest but it sounded logical enough at the time
    I read the same thing he should be available for regular OTAs

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Here's a short, interesting article about Butler's path back to the NFL. It hasn't been easy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...89666c2d&ei=91

Senior Member Array title="FordFairLane is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Here's a short, interesting article about Butler's path back to the NFL. It hasn't been easy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...89666c2d&ei=91
    Great article. I like bringing in guys hungry to make the roster. I think it does something to push the rest of the team. We are pretty deep at WR so having a guy with the talent of Butler and the hunger to make the team should push everyone else to work a little harder. I don't think we keep more than 6 receivers so his best chance is to push Boykin off the team imo. Gunner is probably in competition with Byrd and Anthony Miller. And right now CA3 is inside the bubble but he is a lot of things but indispensable is not one of them.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Just one observation on CA3 since I did get to watch him play for multiple seasons in college. He is small. S-M-ALL. However, he is fast, twitchy, and elusive. He made a lot of highlight reel type plays at the college level. I don’t know if or how he will translate to the NFL though. I do know at the Senior Bowl week he was said to be uncover-able. Last year’s TC was the same story. But we have zero actual snaps vs live NFL competition. I think he is on the outside looking in right now because of his size on this roster. But the unknown with him is still exciting to think about.

Senior Member Array title="FordFairLane is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Just one observation on CA3 since I did get to watch him play for multiple seasons in college. He is small. S-M-ALL. However, he is fast, twitchy, and elusive. He made a lot of highlight reel type plays at the college level. I don’t know if or how he will translate to the NFL though. I do know at the Senior Bowl week he was said to be uncover-able. Last year’s TC was the same story. But we have zero actual snaps vs live NFL competition. I think he is on the outside looking in right now because of his size on this roster. But the unknown with him is still exciting to think about.
    I feel Khan is more of a size receiver guy where Colbert was more about twitch, agility and speed. CA3 not being able to play special teams is probably his biggest hurdle. Maybe he can show some return value this camp. He did return 29 punts in college. 2 for tds. So if he can reprise that role a little he can push Gunner off the team perhaps. But Gunner is a phenomenal special teams tackler so there's that. I can't wait for camp though. Should be very exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by FordFairLane View Post
    I feel Khan is more of a size receiver guy where Colbert was more about twitch, agility and speed. CA3 not being able to play special teams is probably his biggest hurdle. Maybe he can show some return value this camp. He did return 29 punts in college. 2 for tds. So if he can reprise that role a little he can push Gunner off the team perhaps. But Gunner is a phenomenal special teams tackler so there's that. I can't wait for camp though. Should be very exciting!
    He has that bug on the windshield vibe.