Thread: Steelers select Cory Trice Jr, CB, Purdue #241 overall

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers select Cory Trice Jr, CB, Purdue #241 overall

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers select Cory Trice Jr, CB, Purdue #241 overall

The end of Maulet or Pierre most likely.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The end of Maulet or Pierre most likely.
    You could only hope…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I hope Trice can really become something. I know he's a 7th round pick, but he has some real abilities and measurables.

He's 6'3" 206 lbs, 4.47 40 time, He is a 4-time Academic All-American, and this season was coming off of a knee injury in 2021. This is a smart, athletic kid....and his knee should be even better this year.

I hope he blossoms at the NFL level.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Another press corner with size and speed. I like it!!

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Trice also has experience as a safety. Nice versatility there. Kinda surprised this kid lasted til the 7th round with that kind of size, speed, and athleticism. His knee injury may have had something to do with it?

I really like the value with this pick.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    Trice also has experience as a safety. Nice versatility there. Kinda surprised this kid lasted til the 7th round with that kind of size, speed, and athleticism. His knee injury may have had something to do with it?

I really like the value with this pick.
    Knee injury had everything to do with it. His measurables alone would have likely gotten him drafted in rd. 4-5 at least. I like the fact he did well academically, means he's most likely coachable
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

In the short term, I would have much rather had Sutton back at his contracted price with the Lions and lose out on Peterson considering one is in a stage of ascension and youth while the other is trending the other way.

But getting 2 excellent value picks at CB to get mentored by Peterson could easily end up paying dividends in the long terms. Really hope the Sullivan signing and Porter/Trice pick kick Witherspoon and Maulet off the roster
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I wouldn’t. I was never a huge fan. I thought he always got more praise than his play was worth. Wasn’t bad but didn’t stand out from about 30 other CBs in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    In the short term, I would have much rather had Sutton back at his contracted price with the Lions and lose out on Peterson considering one is in a stage of ascension and youth while the other is trending the other way.

But getting 2 excellent value picks at CB to get mentored by Peterson could easily end up paying dividends in the long terms. Really hope the Sullivan signing and Porter/Trice pick kick Witherspoon and Maulet off the roster
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I wouldn’t. I was never a huge fan. I thought he always got more praise than his play was worth. Wasn’t bad but didn’t stand out from about 30 other CBs in the league.
    Sutton was super valuable and good as flexible piece. Not many CBs who can play inside and outside with equal effectiveness.

But there were several games last season that exposed the biggest problem with Sutton as your highest paid CB....he is too physically outmatched by the genetic freaks that call themselves #1 WRs in the NFL. Sutton simply can not go toe to toe with players that inches taller then him and several steps faster.

Peterson once could. He still can on a good day where he also uses all his wily tricks. And hopefully he can teach Porter and Trice how to use their imposing size and length to reroute the freakshows at WR across the league.

MAYBE....AJ Brown doesn't singlehandedly rip the heart out of the defense again. Heck...Gabe Davis had a field day...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Sutton was super valuable and good as flexible piece. Not many CBs who can play inside and outside with equal effectiveness.

But there were several games last season that exposed the biggest problem with Sutton as your highest paid CB....he is too physically outmatched by the genetic freaks that call themselves #1 WRs in the NFL. Sutton simply can not go toe to toe with players that inches taller then him and several steps faster.

Peterson once could. He still can on a good day where he also uses all his wily tricks. And hopefully he can teach Porter and Trice how to use their imposing size and length to reroute the freakshows at WR across the league.

MAYBE....AJ Brown doesn't singlehandedly rip the heart out of the defense again. Heck...Gabe Davis had a field day...
    Tee Higgins went off in the second Bengals game. Not that you needed reminding of that.

Cam Sutton was a 4th Rounder in 2017 that only very just recently put it together. If Detroit wants to give big bucks to something like that, good for them. Sutton isn't facing freaks in the NFC North. I think he can manage.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Tee Higgins went off in the second Bengals game. Not that you needed reminding of that.

Cam Sutton was a 4th Rounder in 2017 that only very just recently put it together. If Detroit wants to give big bucks to something like that, good for them. Sutton isn't facing freaks in the NFC North. I think he can manage.
    Who are the all pro receivers for the Browns and Ravens? The Vikings are equivalent to the Bengals with receivers and otherwise the NFC North receivers are on par with the AFC North.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Steelers' 7th-round pick Cory Trice set to prove himself after tumble in draft

JOE RUTTER | Tuesday, May 16, 2023

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...mble-in-draft/