Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers select Darnell Washington TE, Georgia #93 overall

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers select Darnell Washington TE, Georgia #93 overall

Quote Originally Posted by Dreegking View Post
    TE class was loaded. Teams did draft TE. I had him 8 th on my TE list. Seems like many teams did too.

- - - Updated - - -

on O. Yes. As I stated.
    No you didn’t.

And theres plenty of teams (like the Dolphins) that could’ve taken him and still have needs at TE.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Najee is not the best player on offense. Last year he was 40th in yards before contact and 32nd in yards after contact. That’s not good regardless of your o-line.
    Just saw this . . .
    I seriously have to disagree with you. That's not good because of your o-line, not regardless of it. If players are getting into the backfield so often that you can barely get a step or two without contact, the fact you're even getting upfield two or three years is amazing. And, the yards after contact is very situational. Contact can be running through arm tackles of off-balanced players or it can be drilling someone head-on and running them over. Again, if there's players in the back field, I'd say that's a lot more than just attempted arm tackles.
    Instead, I'm interested in what others are saying about him, those who play or played at that level and to a person, all I've heard is that he is fantastic and very talented. I'd like to see that on the field this year, but if he's not injured like he was most of last year and running with what seems like a steel shank in his boot to protect his foot, and he's running behind an improved o-line, he probably will.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

TE DARNELL WASHINGTON is going to be a huge asset to the running game for this offense. I don't know if he will become a threat in the passing game whether redzone or down the middle or whatever. He was used for moving people out of running lanes at Georgia. My only question mark on him ever has been why wasn't he used more in the overall offensive plan at Georgia if he's ready and capable of so much more.

OL in Jumbo with DWash(270) or Little Ironhead(230) or Najee(240) carrying the ball is going to pick up that 1st down or TD a lot more times than not. DWash as the extra blocker in Jumbo is what he does best as well. Go ahead and make a list of all the teams that can bring that force to bear in short yardage situations.

Now imagine DWash and Pickens doing the blocking for those jet sweeps and using a speed guy like CA3 or McFarland. Could be a very different looking play than PF or Gentry blocking for Gunner.

I'm not saying this makes our offense. I'm only pointing out this 1 move can make our offense better. And that is the goal.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    TE DARNELL WASHINGTON is going to be a huge asset to the running game for this offense. I don't know if he will become a threat in the passing game whether redzone or down the middle or whatever. He was used for moving people out of running lanes at Georgia. My only question mark on him ever has been why wasn't he used more in the overall offensive plan at Georgia if he's ready and capable of so much more.

OL in Jumbo with DWash(270) or Little Ironhead(230) or Najee(240) carrying the ball is going to pick up that 1st down or TD a lot more times than not. DWash as the extra blocker in Jumbo is what he does best as well. Go ahead and make a list of all the teams that can bring that force to bear in short yardage situations.

Now imagine DWash and Pickens doing the blocking for those jet sweeps and using a speed guy like CA3 or McFarland. Could be a very different looking play than PF or Gentry blocking for Gunner.

I'm not saying this makes our offense. I'm only pointing out this 1 move can make our offense better. And that is the goal.
    For the usage question at Georgia, I can only go by what I have read. And that is that Bowers (the other TE) is an absolute freakish monster of a talent who was ready to dominate SEC play from day one as a freshman. Many early scouting reports are basically saying he is a fusion of Pitts threat as a receiver and a dominant blocker as a TE. There are a few serious draft publications that put him as a top 5-10 pick in his upcoming draft class. I believe he is also a projected finalist and some say sure winner of the Biletnikoff award as a TE.

Again...I do not watch UGA football (although with the astounding amount of NFL picks....maybe I should?) and have never seen Bowers or Washington play before. But it READS like Washington's usage at Georgia was more related to how great Bowers is than how not great Washington is....

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

dayum...here's a video thats escaped me.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/1wE_SpDNeM0

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

There is a picture with him and Muth. He is a giant.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Gentry looks like a giant next to Freiermuth as well.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Gentry looks like a giant next to Freiermuth as well.
    Yep. And Muth is 6'5".

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

teams are going to regret passing up on that beast. muth is probably like, awe shit, there goes my stats.