Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers trade up and select Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia #14 overall

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers trade up and select Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia #14 overall

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Broderick allowed 0 sacks in 2022

Also only had 0 holding calls for his college CAREER. And only 1 holding penalty in 2022 to boot in a nasty conference. Wow...just wow
    I just have to ask, how does one have 0 holding calls but 1 holding penalty?

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Beer?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Beer?

Yes, I'll have one. Thank you very much.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Jones looks like an athlete and not a fat slob, like some (most) o-lineman. I hope he lines up at LT in week one.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Jones looks like an athlete and not a fat slob, like some (most) o-lineman. I hope he lines up at LT in week one.
    I have no doubt that he will .......

Dan Moore being the 1st tackle off the bench is a huge upgrade over what we have had too so its a win win ........
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Fixed the typo on my part! 0 holding calls for his career, 1 false start in 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Fixed the typo on my part! 0 holding calls for his career, 1 false start in 2022
    There should be some kinda award for that. Impressive!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    There should be some kinda award for that. Impressive!
    For fixing a typo? I agree. Rarely do people go back and fix them.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    For fixing a typo? I agree. Rarely do people go back and fix them.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

But according to the Washington Post’s Jason La Canfora, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick’s motivation for swapping picks and only getting back an additional fourth-rounder was much more vindictive than what meets the eye.

“They should have had to give up a [third-rounder] and not a four to move up there,” an anonymous NFL general manager told La Canfora. “Belichick did it just to f--- the Jets. He sold low because he knew the Steelers were going to take the kid the Jets wanted to take. … I think the trade totally blindsided them. They were scrambling.”

Another anonymous executive told La Canfora Belichick knew exactly what he was doing, stating, “Bill will try to screw them over any chance he gets.”

more

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...ce=sportspyder

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    But according to the Washington Post’s Jason La Canfora, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick’s motivation for swapping picks and only getting back an additional fourth-rounder was much more vindictive than what meets the eye.

“They should have had to give up a [third-rounder] and not a four to move up there,” an anonymous NFL general manager told La Canfora. “Belichick did it just to f--- the Jets. He sold low because he knew the Steelers were going to take the kid the Jets wanted to take. … I think the trade totally blindsided them. They were scrambling.”

Another anonymous executive told La Canfora Belichick knew exactly what he was doing, stating, “Bill will try to screw them over any chance he gets.”

more

I've said the same thing in multiple posts here since the draft. The compensation to move up should have been more, but Belichick wanted to stick it to the Jets.

Thank you Darth Hoodie!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Belichicks pettiness towards his rivals is unmatched, and personally, I love it.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Belichicks pettiness towards his rivals is unmatched, and personally, I love it.
    Works out for us!
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I like it. I’d do the same thing to a rival and I would hope the Steelers would do the same…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

more

Almost 16 years after Mangini narced on them for cheating. But yeah, tell me again how there was "nothing" to Spygate.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Thank you Darth Hoodie!
    Is that really an appropriate nick anymore? After all, he hasn't won dick since the exalted Saint Brady left.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Almost 16 years after Mangini narced on them for cheating. But yeah, tell me again how there was "nothing" to Spygate.

Is that really an appropriate nick anymore? After all, he hasn't won dick since the exalted Saint Brady left.

You're right. I hadn't given it much thought. Just went with the old standby.

Senior Member Array title="Dreegking will become famous soon enough">

more

I like yardbarker but other tables have the Grade and exchange of picks favouring the Patriots. So… quibbling when there’s support each way means it was fair I guess. I’m glad to know.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

It looks like Moore may have improved in the offseason while Broderick Jones is being pegged by some as a disappointment coming out of mini-camp.

Being positive, Moore end up becoming a decent starter and Jones may just need time to develop due to being so young and inexperienced. It is early.

Thoughts?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    It looks like Moore may have improved in the offseason while Broderick Jones is being pegged by some as a disappointment coming out of mini-camp.

Being positive, Moore end up becoming a decent starter and Jones may just need time to develop due to being so young and inexperienced. It is early.

Thoughts?

There is simply not enough information to know. We have yet to see Jones in a Steelers uniform under real football conditions. He just signed his contract a few days ago.

I think there is a very good possibility that Dan Moore has improved. It's what I expected. I have heard that he is attacking his preparation for this season differently. Sometimes drafting a guy to be a player's replacement can motivate that player to take his preparation to a different level. That is what I have heard about Moore. Is it true? Who knows. We'll find out more in a few weeks.

As for Jones. I still think it's a good move to draft a very talented, very young player at a premium position. It appears he is already making current players better.

I think we have to just let it play out and see how Jones plays. Who knows...drafting Jones may actually push Okorafor off the roster. Okorafor is making a lot more money than Moore is.

All I know is that there is a lot of stuff to be worked out in camp and in preseason games. Can Moore kick over to RT? Can Jones show he is ready to take over at LT? Or even RT? Nobody knows those answers yet, but I am looking forward to some of those battles and the growth we will see with certain players.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    There is simply not enough information to know. We have yet to see Jones in a Steelers uniform under real football conditions. He just signed his contract a few days ago.

I think there is a very good possibility that Dan Moore has improved. It's what I expected. I have heard that he is attacking his preparation for this season differently. Sometimes drafting a guy to be a player's replacement can motivate that player to take his preparation to a different level. That is what I have heard about Moore. Is it true? Who knows. We'll find out more in a few weeks.

As for Jones. I still think it's a good move to draft a very talented, very young player at a premium position. It appears he is already making current players better.

I think we have to just let it play out and see how Jones plays. Who knows...drafting Jones may actually push Okorafor off the roster. Okorafor is making a lot more money than Moore is.

All I know is that there is a lot of stuff to be worked out in camp and in preseason games. Can Moore kick over to RT? Can Jones show he is ready to take over at LT? Or even RT? Nobody knows those answers yet, but I am looking forward to some of those battles and the growth we will see with certain players.
    to lazy to go look it up but if memory serves ( and it may not , this old man shit sucks ) but it seems like Chuks contract made him uncuttable ( or basically so ) until his final year ?
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

to lazy to go look it up but if memory serves ( and it may not , this old man shit sucks ) but it seems like Chuks contract made him uncuttable ( or basically so ) until his final year ?

I'm not even saying it would be immediately. It's a future move they can make if Jones is the real deal and Moore turns into a viable LT or very good RT in the league.

Anyway, we know nothing yet and it's so far off that I'm not even worrying about it yet.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

yep..chuks aint going anywhere. he had a 4 million roster bonus paid to him on march 19. he would be a 10.16 million dead cap to cut him this year.

Contract Notes:
    • 2023 Roster Bonus: $4M (3/19/2023)
    • 2024 Roster Bonus: $4M (5th league day of 2024)

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Jones is struggling in pass protection:

PICK NO. 14: PITTSBURGH STEELERS: OT BRODERICK JONES

Overall Rookie Grade: 60.6 (Rank: 2/8)
    Principal Opponent: Sam Hubbard
    Week 16 Snaps: 59
    Week 16 Grade: 59.6

Jones struggled in pass protection for the second consecutive week. While he allowed just two pressures, he was beaten on three other occasions and posted a 32.0 pass-blocking grade on true pass sets. Since he moved to right tackle in Week 8, Jones carries a 38.5 pass-blocking grade on true pass sets, a bottom-10 mark among qualified tackles.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-grading...023-nfl-season

I'm not worried about Jones. Hopefully he moves over to LT next season.

Senior Member Array title="Voice of Reason is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    While he allowed just two pressures, he was beaten on three other occasions
    I'm confused. If the "three other occasions" he was "beaten" on didn't result in any pressure on the QB, then what's the problem?

It seems to me that an OL who allows only two pressures and no sacks on the QB for an entire game has done pretty well.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Are The Steelers Going Down The Kevin Dotson Path With Broderick Jones?

by Alex Kozora
    Dec. 28. 2023

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/12/ar...oderick-jones/

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I'm confused. If the "three other occasions" he was "beaten" on didn't result in any pressure on the QB, then what's the problem?

It seems to me that an OL who allows only two pressures and no sacks on the QB for an entire game has done pretty well.
    Glass half full/half empty doesnt get any clicks. Easier to try and make an argument that the glass is defective and will never work.

I think that for OT, to enter the league at RT and get accustomed to the speed and stunts of NFL pass rushing is better than just putting a rookie at the blind side as LT to get possibly overwhelmed by the situation. Jones struggled at LT in the preseason, so IMO getting in later in the season at RT and possibly starting over at LT in training camp this summer is a good progression for him.

Its an instant success world the people expect. The "this player is great" to "this player sucks and needs to be benched" commentary only takes a few weeks. Ask Josh Dobbs, Sam Howell and Tommy DeVito.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Glass half full/half empty doesnt get any clicks. Easier to try and make an argument that the glass is defective and will never work.

I think that for OT, to enter the league at RT and get accustomed to the speed and stunts of NFL pass rushing is better than just putting a rookie at the blind side as LT to get possibly overwhelmed by the situation. Jones struggled at LT in the preseason, so IMO getting in later in the season at RT and possibly starting over at LT in training camp this summer is a good progression for him.

Its an instant success world the people expect. The "this player is great" to "this player sucks and needs to be benched" commentary only takes a few weeks. Ask Josh Dobbs, Sam Howell and Tommy DeVito.
    Wait Tommy Devito is the GOAT.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Wait Tommy Devito is the GOAT.
    Maybe he will get past the chicken parm, agent in pinstripes gimmicks and be a long term NFL QB.

I hope DeVito has long term success and am still very optimistic that Broderick Jones will have long term success, despite what some keyboard warriors are trying to portray 10 games into a rookies career.

Senior Member Array title="Rocky Mtn. is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Maybe he will get past the chicken parm, agent in pinstripes gimmicks and be a long term NFL QB.

I hope DeVito has long term success and am still very optimistic that Broderick Jones will have long term success, despite what some keyboard warriors are trying to portray 10 games into a rookies career.
    Personally, I hope Jones has long term success . I'm indifferent to DeVito unless he would end up on the Steelers roster.