Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google announces price of Sunday Ticket: $249 per year with $80/month YouTube TV subscription, no single-team plan

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Google announces price of Sunday Ticket: $249 per year with $80/month YouTube TV subscription, no single-team plan

NFL fans without a satellite TV provider can see every out-of-market regular-season game this year with the subscription service Sunday Ticket for the first time ever.

YouTube TV won the bidding for the rights in 2023, marking a major shift in game broadcast services, and set the initial price at $249 for existing customers. That price is good "for a limited time," according to YouTube TV, and expires June 6.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-subscription.
    So, same as with DirecTV, although I guess you can also pay $350 or $450 to get it without YouTube TV. So much for any hopes we'd see anything more fan-friendly.

Oh wait, never mind, it's a special limited-time discount before the price goes up even more. What a deal!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Google announces price of Sunday Ticket: $249 per year with $80/month YouTube TV subscription, no single-team plan

So it’s $249 plus the monthly fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Google announces price of Sunday Ticket: $249 per year with $80/month YouTube TV subscription, no single-team plan

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So it’s $249 plus the monthly fee?
    The way I read it, $249 if you also subscribe to YouTube TV for roughly $80, or $349 if you don't.

Then probably $349 if you subscribe and $449 if you don't once the "limited-time offer" ends.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

The cost didn't bother me as much as having to deal with the shit hole that is DTV.
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

That crazy, there are so many ways to get the games for free.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

going with the $450 # . not living in the steelers market . I get like 7 to 8 games a yr on tv free . so that means say 9 games I need , 9/450 = $50 a game . I think I can go to a sports bar and and have drinks and fun with other steelers fans for that same $50 a game
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

So basically $1209 a year.

I’ll be sticking with my NFL+ (fka gamepass) for $99 a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    And, the real question is whether they will even broadcast it in 1080 let alone 4k. One of the frustrations I had with YouTube TV was the quality of the signal and the price that seemed to keep going up for no real reason.
    Amazon Prime's broadcast quality was horrible last year.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    That crazy, there are so many ways to get the games for free.
    This

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/yout...t-subscription

According to nasdaq it's an either/or subscription.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Pirate streams again for this cheapskate

Now if “I” can log in from multiple locations at the same time….

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    The way I read it, $249 if you also subscribe to YouTube TV for roughly $80, or $349 if you don't.

Then probably $349 if you subscribe and $449 if you don't once the "limited-time offer" ends.
    $349 isn’t terrible…I might do that.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I cut the cord with my cable company ( except internet ) why would I give youtube 80 bucks a month for the same shit I wasnt watching with cable ??
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I cut the cord with my cable company ( except internet ) why would I give youtube 80 bucks a month for the same shit I wasnt watching with cable ??

So you could watch it on your phone???

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

We are happy with our Spectrum local streaming for $50 a month.

I found where you purchase Sunday Ticket on our You Tube app. Not happy paying $100 more than Directv but we would end up spending a whole lot more going with You Tube TV. Spectrum gives all the local stations and 15 channels if our choice for $50 so we are already saving a ton over satellite or cable.

Anybody know how long the inaugural price is good for?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    So you could watch it on your phone???
    rooftop antenna / prime video gets me every game except espn broadcasts

Little less than $21/Week for a guaranteed uninterrupted stream? I'd take that. As someone mentioned, I would like to see if it is broadcast in 1080 or 4K first. But to be able to just plop on AppleTV and turn the game on? I'll pay that just for the ease and guarantee...not to mention if I want to watch any other out of market games.

Living in Arizona, for some reason, it seems we get a couple of extra Steelers games that we wouldn't get otherwise. Not sure why (Or, perhaps it is because I'm not longer in the SF Bay area and have dual blackouts from the Raiders and 49ers). So, I usually get to watch one or two games live that way and four or five more during non-Sunday morning national broadcasts. So, that's almost half the season right there, often enough. I'm good with NFL+ and watching the game after it is over. It's not too hard to keep the TV off for a couple of hours after church on Sunday. And, if it's a big game, I can always go to the pizza place and watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Living in Arizona, for some reason, it seems we get a couple of extra Steelers games that we wouldn't get otherwise. Not sure why (Or, perhaps it is because I'm not longer in the SF Bay area and have dual blackouts from the Raiders and 49ers). So, I usually get to watch one or two games live that way and four or five more during non-Sunday morning national broadcasts. So, that's almost half the season right there, often enough. I'm good with NFL+ and watching the game after it is over. It's not too hard to keep the TV off for a couple of hours after church on Sunday. And, if it's a big game, I can always go to the pizza place and watch it.

when I was living in Phoenix it seemed like the popular out of market teams where the Steelers , Raiders and Cowboys and likely do to the large Hispanic population as those are the teams most followed in Mexico ( or was at one point anyways )

when I was living in Phoenix it seemed like the popular out of market teams where the Steelers , Raiders and Cowboys and likely do to the large Hispanic population as those are the teams most followed in Mexico ( or was at one point anyways )

For some reason, other than the Raiders and Cowboys, a huge and I mean HUGE number of Mexican fans I've seen follow the Dolphins. They're probably about on par with the 49ers for third place. I have no idea why.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

For some reason, other than the Raiders and Cowboys, a huge and I mean HUGE number of Mexican fans I've seen follow the Dolphins. They're probably about on par with the 49ers for third place. I have no idea why.
    Are you sure you're not confusing Mexican fans with Cuban fans?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

It all stems from the 70's teams. Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, Dolphins... they all have one thing in common - they were prolific winners and on TV in the 70's. Those Mexican dads raised their kids to follow those teams.

Google announces price of Sunday Ticket: $249 per year with $80/month YouTube TV subscription, no single-team plan

Dolphins are not in the top 9 list for Mexico according to the NFL. They are big in Europe though and also Brazil.

Dolphins are not in the top 9 list for Mexico according to the NFL. They are big in Europe though and also Brazil.
    It's true the only actual native Brazilian girl I knew was a Dolphins fan. She had a big ass too.

It could well be the Dolphins aren't as wildly popular as I'd thought. I got my information from a bunch of Mexicans, but maybe they got theirs from a bunch of other Mexicans. I'd have a hard time believing the Rams or the Broncos, though. Nobody likes the Rams or the Broncos.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

rooftop antenna / prime video gets me every game except espn broadcasts

My post was an attempt at a joke.

If I had to watch football on a phone with reading glasses, I'd give up the game!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Lol... That's how I usually watch the games.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Lol... That's how I usually watch the games.

You do what you have to do!

I couldn't do it.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

The NFL just dropped the ball on this. They should have just started their own streaming service like the MLB did and cut out the middle man. MLB lets you buy just your favorite team for $129/year. And with baseball, you're getting 162 games.

And remember, after you pay YouTube you still have to have, Amazon Prime for Thursday, and access to NBC & ESPN for Sunday and Monday night games. All that for 17 games, then you get boned for the playoffs.

Fuck off NFL.
    Last edited by EzraTank; 04-24-2023 at 07:26 PM.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    The NFL just dropped the ball on this. They should have just started their own streaming service like the MLB did and cut out the middle man. MLB lets you buy just your favorite team for $129/year. And with baseball, you're getting 162 games.

And remember, after you pay YouTube you still have to have, Amazon Prime for Thursday, and access to NBC & ESPN for Sunday and Monday night games. All that for 17 games, the you get boned for the playoffs.

Fuck off NFL.
    Cause football, they know people will cave in and pay for it
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell