Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google announces price of Sunday Ticket: $249 per year with $80/month YouTube TV subscription, no single-team plan

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Google announces price of Sunday Ticket: $249 per year with $80/month YouTube TV subscription, no single-team plan

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Cause football, they know people will cave in and pay for it
    Not I, as others have said there other ways...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Google announces price of Sunday Ticket: $249 per year with $80/month YouTube TV subscription, no single-team plan

Today is the last day for the discount ...

I'm just curious has anyone signed up for this? The $349 seems pretty steep when you consider it will be for only 11 Sunday Steeler games after you factor in Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night. I couldn't care less about watching other teams on Sundays.

I really wish they offered a ONE team deal for like $150.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Today is the last day for the discount ...

I'm just curious has anyone signed up for this? The $349 seems pretty steep when you consider it will be for only 11 Sunday Steeler games after you factor in Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night. I couldn't care less about watching other teams on Sundays.

I really wish they offered a ONE team deal for like $150.
    I was going to but I figured I’ll just keeping “doing” what I’m “doing”…worst case, I sign up if what I’m “doing” doesn’t work…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I was going to but I figured I’ll just keeping “doing” what I’m “doing”…worst case, I sign up if what I’m “doing” doesn’t work…
    LOL, same here. Like I said that's a lot for 11 games.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    LOL, same here. Like I said that's a lot for 11 games.
    If I already had YouTube TV (I did at one point and got rid of it), then $22.64 a game isn't bad. Anytime I go watch a game at a restaurant I'm paying that amount for food and tip. If there's two in the family watching the game, it's double that. So, being able to pay to watch a game live, at home, is fine. Without the discount, it gets a bit steeper at $31.73 a game. Not quite as worth it but still okay.

But, add to that $80 a month from September to December for a subscription to YouTube. One that is also worthless since I almost never watch TV except for Netflix or Amazon, and it's now $60.82 dollars a game. And, that's with a rewind/fast forward system that absolutely sucks when watching it with a few minutes delay, which I normally do so I can skip commercials.

That's not worth it.

Yep, like I said if they just followed MLB's lead and let you buy just your teams games for around $150 they probably would sell a lot more. I have almost no interest in watching other teams on Sunday's.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

They do allow password sharing with “family”. Might be able to stretch that definition a bit.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    They do allow password sharing with “family”. Might be able to stretch that definition a bit.
    I’d consider some of you all “family”…dysfunctional family…but family nonetheless…

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    If I already had YouTube TV (I did at one point and got rid of it), then $22.64 a game isn't bad. Anytime I go watch a game at a restaurant I'm paying that amount for food and tip. If there's two in the family watching the game, it's double that. So, being able to pay to watch a game live, at home, is fine. Without the discount, it gets a bit steeper at $31.73 a game. Not quite as worth it but still okay.

But, add to that $80 a month from September to December for a subscription to YouTube. One that is also worthless since I almost never watch TV except for Netflix or Amazon, and it's now $60.82 dollars a game. And, that's with a rewind/fast forward system that absolutely sucks when watching it with a few minutes delay, which I normally do so I can skip commercials.

That's not worth it.
    Do you have to subscribe to YouTube TV to get the “option” to purchase the NFL package or can you just get the NFL package?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

https://tv.youtube.com/learn/nflsund...id-plan-matrix

You can get it without YouTube TV.

Saves about $190 over all to do just the YouTube option sans YouTube TV.

I THINK…my reading has been really poor of late.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’d consider some of you all “family”…dysfunctional family…but family nonetheless…
    True.

Imagine the Thanksgiving fights we could have!!

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Consumers green-light the theft from these greedy corporations. The value of a product is what people are WILLING to pay for it. If fans stopped buying tickets and stopped paying these ridiculous fees to watch the games, they would lower their prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    https://tv.youtube.com/learn/nflsund...id-plan-matrix

You can get it without YouTube TV.

Saves about $190 over all to do just the YouTube option sans YouTube TV.

I THINK…my reading has been really poor of late.
    Ahh, seems you can. So, redoing the math, there's 4 prime time games, a game against the Cardinals that I'll get live via living in the area, and then at least one late game (Cardinals play early so there's a good chance I'll get the game against the Seahawks).

So, 12 games I won't get to watch live at home and maybe 13. Divide 13 by $399, and it's $30 a game, $33 a game at 12 games live. I can eat out at a restaurant for around $20/$25 a game and have a decent meal. Or, sit at home and have to make my own food and pay more. It still makes more sense to go watch it somewhere else than pay for it.

Or, I can pay $10 a month and watch it online.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

We bit the bullet and subscribed without You Tube TV. We are fine with the Spectum streaming we have for local TV and 15 channels for $50 a month. This year didn't cost any more than getting it from Directv but next year it jumps up $100 which sucks.