Thread: Question for the old-timers in here: Who wins a 7-game series between the 1960 Bucs vs. the 1971 Bucs?

Senior Member Array title="saturdaysarebetter will become famous soon enough">

Question for the old-timers in here: Who wins a 7-game series between the 1960 Bucs vs. the 1971 Bucs?

Question for the old-timers in here: Who wins a 7-game series between the 1960 Bucs vs. the 1971 Bucs? For those that might need refreshing of the players that comprised those teams, this article might be of help:

https://johnbaranowski.wordpress.com...-1960-vs-1971/

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Question for the old-timers in here: Who wins a 7-game series between the 1960 Bucs vs. the 1971 Bucs?

A little before my time but I'd go with 71. I think the 60 team is so steeped in lure because of Maz's homerun, but I suspect 71 team was the best Pirate's team of the modern era. The 71 pitching staff was, from my distant observation, superior. Blass was in his prime. Doc Ellis had the "sickest stuff" on the planet - and not just in his carry-on bag. Plus, according to the article, that Orioles team was really stacked. I only ever saw the 79 team, which was a lot fun to watch, but would be a distant 3rd to both of these teams.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: Question for the old-timers in here: Who wins a 7-game series between the 1960 Bucs vs. the 1971 Bucs?

It would be the 1971 team.

https://youtu.be/5MtnU4yno4o
    All Defense!