Thread: Where are you taking Pickett in 2023?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Where are you taking Pickett in 2023?

My order would be:

1. Young
    2. Stroud
    3. Pickett
    4. Richardson
    5. Levis

While the ceiling might be high for Richardson and Levis, their floor is astronomically low.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Where are you taking Pickett in 2023?

I agree with your ‘floor’ assessment. I think Henden Hooker is less of a risk at QB with better and more experience playing the position than 3 of that list.

I don’t really have an order for this draft. We don’t need a QB so I haven’t looked into them at all. The scouts all seem to say some order of Young, Stroud, and Levis as top3. I don’t know where KP would fit into that.

If drafting a rookie backup for one of the 7th round picks, I like Holton Ahlers from ECU. I actually think he’ll be gone by then though.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

If Kenny had been in this class I'd probably still feel he was the best fit for the Steelers.

Just an additional thought: If Kenny was coming out this year he probably be ranked somewhere at or near the bottom of that list. However, I bet he gets picked above pick 21. The NFL, like many institutions, is a "follow the latest trend" type business. Last year many teams probably built the top of their draft boards with little thought about QB's. Last year was commonly believed to be a weak class, which would be followed in 2023 with a stronger one, and even the one QB that was floating around as a first-round pick didn't really excite with the analytics.

On the other hand, this year teams are all "jacked" on getting a QB in a "good class." I just believe as the top players of that list start to fall off some team thinking they better get a QB from this class is going to take Kenny. I think he goes in the mid to high teens in this class.

Member Array title="Crossdog will become famous soon enough"> Crossdog's Avatar

Everything else equal and somehow KP gets upped in the space/time continuum one year, and he were coming out this draft class, I think he'd go to #8 Atlanta or then fall to Pittsburgh. I really liked Desmond Ridder last year but I don't think his rookie year procludes them from getting competition. And if Pittsburgh got through a year of Trubisky and still ended up drafting at 17, then its a no-brainer.
    Do I think KP is the lesser than Young, Stroud, or Levis? No, (but hindsight is valuable) and the NFL game is way too cerebral to be able to predict who a great QB is going to be. Ironic as it sounds.