Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edmunds signs with eagles

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Edmunds signs with eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    In other words they low balled him , he got insulted and took a 1 year prove it deal elsewhere ...

I mean they need to upgrade the production from that position and if ripping the bandaid off was the only way to do it so be it ... I liked Edmunds for who he was as a team mate and as a player as a guy you could count on to be able to play and be a guy who likely wouldn't be why you lost but he was never a guy who would be the reason why you won either ... We need as many guys who can be the reason why you win on defense as possible because CANADA still impacts the offense here
    He signed for $2M. There’s a better chance that he just may have wanted to get out of Pittsburgh altogether.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He signed for $2M. There’s a better chance that he just may have wanted to get out of Pittsburgh altogether.
    He's seen enough Canada to know better

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s rumored the Steelers offered Edmunds a minimum of $2.58M through a veterans benefit contract/Four-Year Player Qualifying Contract. Same type of deal he had in 2022.

More and more seeming like he just wanted to leave. Especially for the deal he took with Philadelphia that is contingent on him starting every game.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If you stay in shape, you never have to get in shape.

The Steelers are adding to the roster now so every player that is not a critical piece is unfortunately expendable. I would have loved signing Edmunds back. I think he’s a better player than Neal. I understand he is a replaceable piece though. Good luck to Terrell. Go Steelers!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Seems like we are rebuilding a team signing FAs 8nsteaf of our own players . FAs that seem to be the same ole guys we let go. Idk what they are doing but Turing over the MLB, OL and CB leafs

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Why do teams keep doing this with the Eagles? That is potentially a massive upgrade for their championship puzzle. I am assuming Byard is still a turnover magnet and not an aging liability....but I don't know.

Also....did I hear right the Iggles have Julio down by the Schoolyard now?

Senior Member Array title="El Kabong has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Also....did I hear right the Iggles have Julio down by the Schoolyard now?
    Yes.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/bu...medium=twitter

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Edmunds wasn't a flashy player but he was never out of position nor was he picked on, and he never missed a game. I said before that we took him for granted.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/bu...medium=twitter

3 years 10 million count me in as a buyer ... it would be more than he made last year by a considerable amount
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Edmunds wasn't a flashy player but he was never out of position nor was he picked on, and he never missed a game. I said before that we took him for granted.
    Most importantly, he worked well with Minkah…

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Yes. Cut Neal, re-sign Edmunds. Need a safety that can play in the box and cover tight ends, in which he did the latter part very well his last season in Pittsburgh.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

3 years 10 million count me in as a buyer ... it would be more than he made last year by a considerable amount
    I don't think he would accept a 3 years deal for so low....Maybe a one year 3-4 millions is possible

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I don't think he would accept a 3 years deal for so low....Maybe a one year 3-4 millions is possible
    that would be a considerabl;e raise over what he made last year and had to move twice ... Pittsburgh to Philly to Tennessee (2 million)
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

IDK....He wanted to move on if I'm remembering correctly. I liked him when he was here, just not sure what we would get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    IDK....He wanted to move on if I'm remembering correctly. I liked him when he was here, just not sure what we would get back.
    I remember something like that but not sure it was legit. Last year he said he wanted to stay in Pittsburgh and was offered a deal but decided to leave for Philadelphia. I think maybe they low balled him and that’s where that story came from? I do remember they were negotiating for him to stay.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Sometimes these guys that leave regret it and end up coming back. He is a good not great complement to Minkah and I trust Omar to try and work something out

Sent from my SM-F731U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I think he was definitely feeling underappreciated in Pittsburgh and surely thought the grass was greener somewhere else. He would then get to show the world what he can really do.

That didn't work out too well for him. If that isn't humbling, then I don't know what is. You would think he would welcome a chance to come back to a team with a good chance to start. That's IF the team even has any real interest in him.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

I would like to see him back. Not a spectacular player, but a solid player that you know what you are getting in him. One less piece of the puzzle that needs to be figured out.