Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers sign free agent guard Isaac Seumalo to a 3 year deal

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Steelers sign free agent guard Isaac Seumalo to a 3 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I'm not advocating it. It's a response to a question by Mojouw.

I believe Dotson has value.
    It was.

It all comes down to how Dotson reacts to being demoted this week.

Regardless, he’s not a Steeler in 2024.

So….cap space and a draft pick now? In a draft where you have a 100 pick gap after pick 120.

The more I think about it. The more I’d do it.

Not saying it’s a great idea but it is what I’d do. Heck, just turn around and get se the pick on a guard. Reset that rookie deal clock.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Herbig is the #3 guard on this team. If a team comes calling for Dotson and they offer a 5th?(not a deep IOL draft class) go for it.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Herbig is the #3 guard on this team. If a team comes calling for Dotson and they offer a 5th?(not a deep IOL draft class) go for it.
    Which is fine if the pick is used for a guard or another one is signed. If Green is still on the team as a result, it’s not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Thanks for that video BlackAndGold. That was impressive ... particularly watching him and the rest of the Phillly line pick up those stunts. Huh .. offensive line coaching. What a novel idea.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Which is fine if the pick is used for a guard or another one is signed. If Green is still on the team as a result, it’s not worth it.
    Ok. I’m convinced. Trade Dotson. Cut Green. Herbig is top backup. Draft a guard/C prospect.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Ok. I’m convinced. Trade Dotson. Cut Green. Herbig is top backup. Draft a guard/C prospect.
    Best case scenario but is it realistic?....I don't think Dotson has value in the trade market

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Best case scenario but is it realistic?....I don't think Dotson has value in the trade market
    I think he does , that said I also do not believe its substantial ... likely a 6th or 7th as low as a conditional ... he has started in this league , is young , rookie contract still so not very expensive ...

that said I think we keep him unless he develops an attitude about being demoted or another signing makes his contract $$ much needed , you always want your best 53 and I believe Dotson to be among those at this juncture at least
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

If ineligible man down the field is Canada's fault, keep him. If not, good riddance.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I think he does , that said I also do not believe its substantial ... likely a 6th or 7th as low as a conditional ... he has started in this league , is young , rookie contract still so not very expensive ...

that said I think we keep him unless he develops an attitude about being demoted or another signing makes his contract $$ much needed , you always want your best 53 and I believe Dotson to be among those at this juncture at least
    6th or 7th…not worth it. Just keep him this season and let him walk next year. I don’t need a conditional pick to make a team worse.

Just reading some stuff on this guy…he can play on the right side as well and Herbig can play both sides. There’s a possibility that Dotson and Seumalo wind up being the Guards or maybe Herbig and Seumalo. What if Daniels was cut? Possibility??

Just reading some stuff on this guy…he can play on the right side as well and Herbig can play both sides. There’s a possibility that Dotson and Seumalo wind up being the Guards or maybe Herbig and Seumalo. What if Daniels was cut? Possibility??
    Why bail on Daniels?

He seemed to get better as the season went on. Meanwhile, Dotson directly got the QB concussed at least once.

But, I suspect you're thinking of something I am not...

Steelers sign free agent guard Isaac Seumalo to a 3 year deal

Why bail on Daniels?

He seemed to get better as the season went on. Meanwhile, Dotson directly got the QB concussed at least once.

But, I suspect you're thinking of something I am not...
    Let’s be honest…neither set the world on fire. Maybe Daniels stays the same and Dotson improves, maybe the two new guys outplay the current. I’m just trying to look at it from all angles. But I do know that neither guy was great…Daniels has a bigger contract so harder to justify releasing but you could consider the idea that he could be outplayed. Will be an interesting battle to watch.

Let’s be honest…neither set the world on fire. Maybe Daniels stays the same and Dotson improves, maybe the two new guys outplay the current. I’m just trying to look at it from all angles. But I do know that neither guy was great…Daniels has a bigger contract so harder to justify releasing but you could consider the idea that he could be outplayed. Will be an interesting battle to watch.
    Certainly will be. I still think they are likely to add a draft pick to either the Guard or Center mix.

Cole is fine, but not exactly the next HOF caliber center either.

Certainly will be. I still think they are likely to add a draft pick to either the Guard or Center mix.

Cole is fine, but not exactly the next HOF caliber center either.
    I’d have no problem adding a center. There seems to be some good ones in this draft.