Thread: The Steelers are signing LB Elandon Roberts

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The Steelers are signing LB Elandon Roberts

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: The Steelers are signing LB Elandon Roberts

interesting , another athletic sideline to sideline inside backer who is a solid tackler ...

for me just cant have enough of these kind of players ... I see why it was easy to let jack go with this signing and the 8 mill in cap savings it makes plenty of sense...

now don't read more into this , not saying he is a full time starter but he has a lot of the same qualities as Holcomb who has been known to get banged up so consider this at least his backup and if he gives us more ( and he very well may) its a bonus!
    Last edited by Dwinsgames; 03-16-2023 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typos
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Tackling improved, coverage declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    how do you figure , both of the guys we signed at ILB have better coverage ability than Spillane or Bush and arguably Jack ..

hell Bush allowed 75% completion percentage last year .... I'd argue there is a few guys here on this board that wouldnt do any worse ( I am not one of them with my age and bum leg )

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

That's my thoughts as well. We'll see. At least we know these guys tackle well.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Holcomb allowed 73% and a QB Rating of 126 to Bush’s 74% and 106 rating. Spillane was 83/109 and Roberts 80/122.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Holcomb allowed 73% and a QB Rating of 126 to Bush’s 74% and 106 rating. Spillane was 83/109 and Roberts 80/122.
    Bush and Spillane played behind Watt, Cam, and Highsmith. Let's see how the new guys fare under the same conditions first.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Bush and Spillane played behind Watt, Cam, and Highsmith. Let's see how the new guys fare under the same conditions first.
    Holcomb played behind some nice players as well. Time will tell…just not going to get overly excited about these signings. Hopefully, they are “James Farrior-type” signings…

Holcomb played behind some nice players as well. Time will tell…just not going to get overly excited about these signings. Hopefully, they are “James Farrior-type” signings…
    If these are James Farrior-type signings, the these signings are the steal of the year. I'd give anything to have Farrior type players anchoring a LB core so that Watt and others can go off on offenses and take a few more risks.

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

how do you figure , both of the guys we signed at ILB have better coverage ability than Spillane or Bush and arguably Jack ..

hell Bush allowed 75% completion percentage last year .... I'd argue there is a few guys here on this board that wouldnt do any worse ( I am not one of them with my age and bum leg )
    This.....

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    If these are James Farrior-type signings, the these signings are the steal of the year. I'd give anything to have Farrior type players anchoring a LB core so that Watt and others can go off on offenses and take a few more risks.
    If one of them is between Holcomb and Roberts that would be great. I think Holcomb would have the best chance.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/1636504687707934720

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

SUPERBOWL!
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell