Thread: Major Problem with Football Telecasts

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Major Problem with Football Telecasts

Watching March Madness reminds me why I enjoy basketball telecasts. You can see all the players all the time. In football, you basically have no idea what’s happening with about half the players. You don’t know who’s open and who’s covered until a replay. Not that it can be entirely fixed due to the size of the field, but it can be done better. Like the picture below (sometimes it’s worse) they show 5-7 yards of nothing behind the quarterback on every play. Why?! They only show about 6 yards past the line of scrimmage. This could easily be increased to 10 yards with 2-3 yards shown behind the quarterback.

Anyone else get frustrated by this? What other things could be done better?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Major Problem with Football Telecasts

Sky cam, or Madden cam. The NFL did this on Thursday night football in 2017.

Many fans didn't like it. I on the other hand enjoyed it.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

You need to watch the all 22 film and that’s not appealing to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Because if you zoom back too far you can see no one from the side angle. The best seats are in the endzone 2nd level when at a game because you can see the play develop but you are also far away.

Football is a hard sport to telecast just like hockey because the field/rink is too big to see where all the other players are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Sky cam, or Madden cam. The NFL did this on Thursday night football in 2017.

Many fans didn't like it. I on the other hand enjoyed it.
    Ugh that Steelers team was such a good offense if only we had a defense that year the Superbowl was ours. Imagine if TJ was on that team.