Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detroit Lions Sign Steelers CB Cam Sutton

Hybrid View

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Detroit Lions Sign Steelers CB Cam Sutton

Officially screwed at CB…lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Detroit Lions Sign Steelers CB Cam Sutton

ugh .................................................. ..............................
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Played outside, slot and a little bit of safety in some formations.

Big loss.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s not even a terrible deal…

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I would gladly have seen the steelers pay that ... he was a top 5 corner and to get him at top 15-18 money is a great deal for a player of his ability and knowledge

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

True, it appears to be a very reasonable deal. I have to wonder why Sutton is no longer with the Steelers at that price. Maybe the Steelers made no real effort to keep him, and Sutton felt jilted and left without giving the Steelers a chance to match or offer more. I guess it is also possible the Steelers do not think he is worth that much.

CB was already a need, and now it is a massive need to be addressed in FA and/or the draft.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

ouch.....

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Wow! The Steelers must not think Sutton is even close to a CB1 because they just let Sutton go for CB2 money. I sure hope Kahn has a plan and they’ve targeted a CB in free agency. Not a great start to free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Wow! The Steelers must not think Sutton is even close to a CB1 because they just let Sutton go for CB2 money. I sure hope Kahn has a plan and they’ve targeted a CB in free agency. Not a great start to free agency.
    He must have a plan.

Also, do the Steelers offer two seasons guaranteed? May be why that deal was done in Detroit and not Pittsburgh.

Ahkello Witherspoon
    Levi Wallace
    James Pierre (RFA)
    Arthur Maulet
    Duke Dawson
    Madre Harper
    Chris Wilcox

There must be more to it…must be some plan in place…right??

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Too Bad. However, cornerback is arguably one of (if not THE) deepest position in the draft.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

For all those who said "I don't mind that we're paying Trubisky $8 million to be a backup" and "paying William Jackson III $3 million to sit on IR didn't hurt anything" ... well, here's what that money could've been used for. Instead, now we've got one more problem.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    For all those who said "I don't mind that we're paying Trubisky $8 million to be a backup" and "paying William Jackson III $3 million to sit on IR didn't hurt anything" ... well, here's what that money could've been used for. Instead, now we've got one more problem.
    The steelers could easily offer this contract to Sutton even with that.....It's just the steelers or Sutton said no to it...I think this is more about the steelers....

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The steelers could easily offer this contract to Sutton even with that.....It's just the steelers or Sutton said no to it...I think this is more about the steelers....
    so you are saying the team is stupid then or smart ?

the way I see it is its a really poor move ( or non move if you will) ....

as it stands we have NO starting quality corners on the roster ...

sure there is spoon who can be one of the best in the league this week and the next two stink it up to then rebound the following 3 as all world and then go on season ending IR but thats not my idea of a solid starter on paper ....

so you are saying the team is stupid then or smart ?

the way I see it is its a really poor move ( or non move if you will) ....

as it stands we have NO starting quality corners on the roster ...

sure there is spoon who can be one of the best in the league this week and the next two stink it up to then rebound the following 3 as all world and then go on season ending IR but thats not my idea of a solid starter on paper ....
    They are stupid...Just look at my post 14

REMEMBER:

Nothing is official until Wednesday…

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

REMEMBER:

Nothing is official until Wednesday…
    Im hoping for a "Ryan Clark is signing with Miami" situation
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think the primary reason they didn't re-sign Sutton was the overall salary of the defense. The most expensive in the league. They needed to get cheaper and balance out so they are going with a cheap veteran and a high draft pick. Not terrible logic.

The steelers way were great 10-15 years ago and before that but now,this is just terrible....The steelers are so slow to adjust of the current NFL.Just awful

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Didn't I read somewhere Mr. Dulac said Sutton wouldn't get $10 mil a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Didn't I read somewhere Mr. Dulac said Sutton wouldn't get $10 mil a year?
    Dulac know nothing...So far I had predict that Hargrave was to have at least 20 millions per year and Sutton at least 10....This is not 2018!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Dulac know nothing...So far I had predict that Hargrave was to have at least 20 millions per year and Sutton at least 10....This is not 2018!
    I forgot to add the I will correct that

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The guaranteed money is less than $8M/yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The guaranteed money is less than $8M/yr.
    Might be the first two years guaranteed though…which for the Steelers, that’s a big deal…

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It seems difficult to wrap our heads around right now. But in a couple weeks when all the other moves shake out...it likely makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    It seems difficult to wrap our heads around right now. But in a couple weeks when all the other moves shake out...it likely makes more sense.
    It have no choice....

it better because at this current state of the team Maulet is likely a starter ..........let that sink in

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

They were never going to pay Sutton that kind of coin. We can debate where it falls within the overall CB salary market leaguewide, but the Steelers have never placed that kind of value on the position.

They pay front 7 and safeties and get by with adequate at best CBs. Then they hope they get lucky here or there with a draft and develop guy. They have been doing that for what? 20 years? More?

Finally, you can go look up the stats and various ratings. Very (very) few CBs are good season to season. They have an up year and then a down and then an up or whatever. Sutton just had the best year he's ever had. Steelers weren't going to pay for that year and then have him have a down one.

I am not saying all of these things are correct or that we should fall in step with that line of thinking. But once Sutton got offers north of $8 million per year...Khan and company likely helped him pack.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

They were never going to pay Sutton that kind of coin. We can debate where it falls within the overall CB salary market leaguewide, but the Steelers have never placed that kind of value on the position.

They pay front 7 and safeties and get by with adequate at best CBs. Then they hope they get lucky here or there with a draft and develop guy. They have been doing that for what? 20 years? More?

Finally, you can go look up the stats and various ratings. Very (very) few CBs are good season to season. They have an up year and then a down and then an up or whatever. Sutton just had the best year he's ever had. Steelers weren't going to pay for that year and then have him have a down one.

I am not saying all of these things are correct or that we should fall in step with that line of thinking. But once Sutton got offers north of $8 million per year...Khan and company likely helped him pack.
    The Steelers haven't had a top-flight corner since Woodson, and even then they couldn't keep him on board forever. They like the Ike Taylor/Deshea Townsend types who can do as they are asked to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The Steelers haven't had a top-flight corner since Woodson, and even then they couldn't keep him on board forever. They like the Ike Taylor/Deshea Townsend types who can do as they are asked to do.
    Yeah they wouldn't want another Rod Woodson! lol

Don’t let the splashier names in free agency overshadow this signing. There are two key Next Gen Stats categories in which Sutton ranked as the third-best outside corner in the NFL last season: receptions over expected allowed (-9.5) and ballhawk rate (20.8%). Though he was part of a Steelers secondary that had some challenges as a unit, Sutton allowed just 411 total yards in coverage, according to PFF, which ranked fifth-best among corners who logged at least 400 coverage snaps.