Thread: Best QBs for the 2023 draft

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Best QBs for the 2023 draft

Sure, it's not a Steelers discussion, but there's a chance 4 QBs could be drafted in the top 10 this year....What's your ranking among the QBs in this draft this year?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Best QBs for the 2023 draft

Levis
    Stroud
    Young
    Hooker (forgot about him)
    Richardson. I’lol go out of the box and say Richardson will be a better TE
    Last edited by 86WARD; 03-08-2023 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Best QBs for the 2023 draft

Post combine or pre combine, my top 5 QBs in this draft are the same. I really think only Bryce Young is going to find quick and lasting success. So he's my #1.

1. Bryce Young - I think he can be another Mahomes level NFL QB.
    2a. CJ Stroud -
    2b. Will Levis - With a clean pocket these guys can pick you apart. It's when the play breaks down I don't trust them. Yet.
    4. Hendon Hooker - Better than advertised. Big arm, good accuracy, great athlete, strong player. Like a bigger Jalen Hurts.
    5. Anthony Richardson - Very raw. Also very BigBen-like. His ability to extend and make things happen when the play breaks down is eye catching. With the right team, Richardson could be very good.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I just heard a stat on the radio so no research done to back this up. The guy said no QB 5’10” or shorter has won a playoff game. He says no way Bryce Young is the 1st overall pick in this draft. Because of his height. What do you guys/gals think of that?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The more receivers that get drafted in R1, the better the players that fall to the Steelers.

My prediction: Not a single R1 QB in 2023 turns out to be a franchise QB. Young too small. Stroud lacks the mental prowess. Levis and Richardson are just athletes. I'll take Kenny over all four of them.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    The more receivers that get drafted in R1, the better the players that fall to the Steelers.

My prediction: Not a single R1 QB in 2023 turns out to be a franchise QB. Young too small. Stroud lacks the mental prowess. Levis and Richardson are just athletes. I'll take Kenny over all four of them.
    I tend to agree. I do think that if Levis is put into the right situation, he could excel. If put into the wrong situation, he could be a disaster. WHat's their hand sizes?!?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I just heard a stat on the radio so no research done to back this up. The guy said no QB 5’10” or shorter has won a playoff game. He says no way Bryce Young is the 1st overall pick in this draft. Because of his height. What do you guys/gals think of that?
    Yep, Flutie was 0-2. Never... that's a damning stat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I tend to agree. I do think that if Levis is put into the right situation, he could excel. If put into the wrong situation, he could be a disaster. WHat's their hand sizes?!?
    They all have MAN HANDS!!! 9 3/4 to 10 5/8.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

I think Kenny will be the most successful QB out of this group. To me (as well as most, I suppose) success matters more than stats. It's certainly possible that some of these guys will throw more td's and have a higher lifetime QBR than Kenny. It clearly looks like the Steelers are trying to be a physical running team over the next few years, which will likely depress Kenny's stats.

However, given the glimpse we saw last year of Kenny's last drive heroics, I think Kenny has more playoff and Superbowl success. Personally, I'd rather have a QB with a good QBR and the ability to lead last second drives than QBR champion with little or no playoff success.

It is interesting though that Kenny might spend most of his career being compared to the 2023 QB class rather than the 2022 one.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    I think Kenny will be the most successful QB out of this group. To me (as well as most, I suppose) success matters more than stats. It's certainly possible that some of these guys will throw more td's and have a higher lifetime QBR than Kenny. It clearly looks like the Steelers are trying to be a physical running team over the next few years, which will likely depress Kenny's stats.

However, given the glimpse we saw last year of Kenny's last drive heroics, I think Kenny has more playoff and Superbowl success. Personally, I'd rather have a QB with a good QBR and the ability to lead last second drives than QBR champion with little or no playoff success.

It is interesting though that Kenny might spend most of his career being compared to the 2023 QB class rather than the 2022 one.
    I'm not convinced that Kenny's stats will be depressed. I think it was a rookie thing. Look how he turned it on at Pitt after he figured it out.

I'm not convinced that Kenny's stats will be depressed. I think it was a rookie thing. Look how he turned it on at Pitt after he figured it out.
    The $100,000 question is:

How many times will Kenny have to figure it out?

Will he just figure out how the NFL works or will he have to figure out every shitty OC that comes through the door every three years?

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Maybe depressed the wrong word? What I am really saying is that some of these QB's will probably go to teams that don't emphasize running - or for that matter play much defense. Therefore, their stats are going to look more impressive when it comes to total yards, tds ect. There are a number of analysists out there that only seem to consider that kind of raw data - as opposed to more important considerations like clutch plays and game winning drives - when they are evaluating quarterbacks.