Thread: Derek Carr with the saints

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Derek Carr with the saints

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Re: Derek Carr with the saints

silver & black is happy lol
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Instant favorites in the NFC South…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

If fairness .. if you are a member of the NFC south signing this guy would make you an instant favorite.

The panthers will be the best team in that division if they add a good QB during the draft.....

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Did I read that right? 4 years $150 million ... $100 million guaranteed?

You just can't go outside the draft for a decent QB anymore without, literally, tying your future to their arm.

I like Carr. And that does seem about the going rate (except for the guaranteed amount - Cleveland's gift to the NFL), but it's a risk that can cripple a team's future.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Did I read that right? 4 years $150 million ... $100 million guaranteed?

You just can't go outside the draft for a decent QB anymore without, literally, tying your future to their arm.

I like Carr. And that does seem about the going rate (except for the guaranteed amount - Cleveland's gift to the NFL), but it's a risk that can cripple a team's future.
    You are correct!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Yes and no on the guaranteed bit.

https://overthecap.com/player/derek-carr/2975

Only $60 million is fully guaranteed. The rest is kind of on a rolling schedule based on whether he is on the roster or not.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    silver & black is happy lol

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

well.....

The New Orleans Saints and Derek Carr have agreed to a four-year, $150 million contract that includes $100 million in total guarantees, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo reported on Monday morning, per sources informed of the situation.

The team has since announced the news.

Carr will get $70 million effectively fully guaranteed with $60 million due at signing and another $10 million in Year 3 vesting after Year 1, per Rapoport and Garafolo. Carr's new contract also will include a no-trade clause, Garafolo reported, just as his most recent deal with the Raiders had.

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yes and no on the guaranteed bit.

https://overthecap.com/player/derek-carr/2975

Only $60 million is fully guaranteed. The rest is kind of on a rolling schedule based on whether he is on the roster or not.
    That makes a little more sense. As I said, I like Carr. I think he could Matt Hasselbeck the Saints to the Superbowl. It helps being in the NFC of course. If the Saints go on a playoff run over the next 4 years, then that's not too much money to pay a QB to get you there. I just never noticed Carr really lifting the Raider's up with his play. Of course, he didn't have a lot of support either. Time will tell.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

That makes a little more sense. As I said, I like Carr. I think he could Matt Hasselbeck the Saints to the Superbowl. It helps being in the NFC of course. If the Saints go on a playoff run over the next 4 years, then that's not too much money to pay a QB to get you there. I just never noticed Carr really lifting the Raider's up with his play. Of course, he didn't have a lot of support either. Time will tell.
    They’re paying him to be like top 12ish. He can do that. Although I agree, Carr is basically a less exciting Cousins. Or Andy Dalton. Ugghhh.

But how the Saints keep finding the cap space to do this makes my brain hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I have not been a DC fan for a few years now. But... I don't know of another QB in the league that has had to deal with so much over the last 9 years... broken leg, broken back, six head coaches, four OC's, his #1 WR taken away, his coach taken away, terrible defenses................DC is not an elite QB. He is a good QB. He is, IMO, in the top 10. I wish him the best of luck going forward... he deserves it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The panthers will be the best team in that division if they add a good QB during the draft.....
    But they didn’t yet.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

They’re paying him to be like top 12ish. He can do that. Although I agree, Carr is basically a less exciting Cousins. Or Andy Dalton. Ugghhh.

But how the Saints keep finding the cap space to do this makes my brain hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn’t think anything could be less exciting than Kirk Cousins to you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I didn’t think anything could be less exciting than Kirk Cousins to you lol.
    Cousins will at least randomly decide that he is going to throw long some Sundays.

Carr looks across the field at the best WR in football, one of the 3 best TEs in football, and decides "Nah. I'm gonna check this bad bear down short of the sticks."

Yeah....he's the one guy right now that drives me nuts more than Cousins...

Cousins will at least randomly decide that he is going to throw long some Sundays.

Carr looks across the field at the best WR in football, one of the 3 best TEs in football, and decides "Nah. I'm gonna check this bad bear down short of the sticks."

Even Cousins find a way to checkdown for 3 yards on 4th down and 8 with the season on the line in a playoffs game!

Maybe good for the completition %,passing rating and yards but not for the team!

That has been THE major complaint about him from most Raiders fans. It's why I'm happy to be rid of Captain Checkdown.

Even Cousins find a way to checkdown for 3 yards on 4th down and 8 with the season on the line in a playoffs game!

Maybe good for the completition %,passing rating and yards but not for the team!
    That was absolutely ridiculous. I forgot about that.

What can I say but Cousins going to Cousins. Dude crumbles when you need him most against good teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    That has been THE major complaint about him from most Raiders fans. It's why I'm happy to be rid of Captain Checkdown.
    It must have drove you all nuts.

All I want out of my QB and my offense are 3rd down throws that got to the sticks or beyond at least sometimes! I remember when that happened....it was nice....

But they didn’t yet.
    Now the panthers likely have one!

Now the panthers likely have one!
    The Colts gotta be pissed!!

The Colts gotta be pissed!!
    Frank Reich revange!

Frank Reich revange!
    Ha ha…forgot about that…lol

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The last QB that went from the Raiders to the Saints was Ken Stabler.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

smh Raiders sign Jimmy G to replace Carr ..... is it just me or is Jimmy G a less talented version of Carr ? lol
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

smh Raiders sign Jimmy G to replace Carr ..... is it just me or is Jimmy G a less talented version of Carr ? lol
    But he know the system of Josh McDaniels more!

He's an injury prone DC. What a joke this franchise is. The 3 Stooges.... Mark Davis, Dave Ziegler and Josh McDickhead. My Raiders are f**ked for another decade...lol. Oh well.... I don't get all bent out of shape over a football team anymore. There are way more important things to worry about these days.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    He's an injury prone DC. What a joke this franchise is. The 3 Stooges.... Mark Davis, Dave Ziegler and Josh McDickhead. My Raiders are f**ked for another decade...lol. Oh well.... I don't get all bent out of shape over a football team anymore. There are way more important things to worry about these days.
    There’s always room for you in Steeler Nation.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Derek Carr, for all he is not, is an upgrade over Jameis and Dalton. The Saints had a pretty decent defense last season, the OL and run game were efficient when healthy and not suspended. Good/not great weapons on offense could mean a chance for their division, or in the hunt for a wildcard spot. That's the dream isn't it?