Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Addison @ 32

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Addison @ 32

Addison tested average (4.49) at the combine and his weight was light (173). Did I mention he also had small hands? I’m thinking this could drop him to 32.

Any takers?

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Re: Addison @ 32

At 32 sure, I have no problem with it if he's the BPA
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Addison tested average (4.49) at the combine and his weight was light (173). Did I mention he also had small hands? I’m thinking this could drop him to 32.

Any takers?
    I’d take him and be happy with a falling Porter and falling Addison as a 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’d take him and be happy with a falling Porter and falling Addison as a 1-2.
    So you mean Porter at 17?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So you mean Porter at 17?
    Yes.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Yes.
    Not sure I'd take any CB in the first with 4.5 speed. 40 times are usually overrated unless they're DB's. To play the position well, you need to be fast. No way around it. Receivers can do it with great route running (AB) though, but I can't remember any great CB who didn't have 4.4 speed or better.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Not sure I'd take any CB in the first with 4.5 speed. 40 times are usually overrated unless they're DB's. To play the position well, you need to be fast. No way around it. Receivers can do it with great route running (AB) though, but I can't remember any great CB who didn't have 4.4 speed or better.
    4.46. That’s much better than 4.5. If you don’t think so watch an overlay showing the difference between 4/10 a second. Also, JP has a chance to perform better at his pro day.

Brian Branch, NFL.com’s top ranked CB ran a 4.58. Talk about taking a hit to the rating.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Brian Branch, NFL.com’s top ranked CB ran a 4.58. Talk about taking a hit to the rating.

I think Branch is considered a hybrid safety. He is a versatile player that has lined up at both safety positions, nickel, and LB that also plays near the LOS and blitzes. He has a ton of value with his skillset, but he's not really considered a CB by other evaluations that I have seen.

I don't consider him a cornerback.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I think Branch is considered a hybrid safety. He is a versatile player that has lined up at both safety positions, nickel, and LB that also plays near the LOS and blitzes. He has a ton of value with his skillset, but he's not really considered a CB by other evaluations that I have seen.

Brian Branch may be the choice to replace Terrell Edmunds if he's not re-signed.

Just saying how NFL.com lists him.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Just saying how NFL.com lists him.

I know how NFL.com has him listed. I'm just saying how he has been used throughout his career and how he is being looked at by most as his position at the NFL level. Because he can hold up so well in coverage in nickel while also being able to play both safety positions and some LB/blitzer, he is highly regarded because he helps any defense match up no matter what the offense throws at them.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I know Addison and Pickett were great together in college. One only needs to look at Burrow to Chase to see what it could be. If he's there are #32 I'd consider it, but I don't think he'll be there.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Are his 8-3/4" hands considered small? If you look up his and Dionte Johnson's combine stats, they are pretty similar in height, 40, vertical, hand size.

Addison is a smoother route runner with better hands but undersized. I like the comparison to Tyler Lockett. I think DJ is quicker in getting off the jam and evading tacklers with lateral quickness.

I personally think the Steelers have a lot more needs than a WR at #32 and I dont think Tyler Lockett type production is a #32 pick, but he likely wont last past the top of the 2nd round.

I know how NFL.com has him listed. I'm just saying how he has been used throughout his career and how he is being looked at by most as his position at the NFL level. Because he can hold up so well in coverage in nickel while also being able to play both safety positions and some LB/blitzer, he is highly regarded because he helps any defense match up no matter what the offense throws at them.
    Where do you think he goes after that 40 time? Mid-20’s?

Where do you think he goes after that 40 time? Mid-20’s?

That could be right. I know that the top of the S class is pretty good, so it's possible teams will look at the time and drop him slightly on the board because there are other good choices.

Most seem to think he's the first safety off the board. I'm not sure his 40 time is going to hurt him because his film is so good. His time is similar to the other highly rated safeties. I would guess somewhere in the middle of the first round, but nobody knows for sure how NFL draft rooms are going to respond to that.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I'll facepalm if they go WR in the first 3 rounds.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Start warming up.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Start warming up.
    lol. Unfortunately.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I have a strong feeling that they will trade away pick 32 for multiple picks. I have no proof to back this up....just a feeling.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bluecoat96; 03-07-2023 at 10:12 AM.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I could see round 3or4. Those are picks 4&5 and top 120 overall. The gap between our round 4 and first round 7 pick is something like 112 picks. If they have a WR in mind I think they draft him day2.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Just say "No" to Addison.

Jamar Chase and Joe Burrow are not dominant because they played together in college. They are dominant because Jamar Chase is mutant super freak and Burrow is a QB savant.

The Steelers already have KP's version of Jamar Chase on the roster. Just get him that dang ball!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Jamar Chase and Joe Burrow are not dominant because they played together in college. They are dominant because Jamar Chase is mutant super freak and Burrow is a QB savant.

The Steelers already have KP's version of Jamar Chase on the roster. Just get him that dang ball!
    Agreed!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

But we need a Tee Higgins opposite our version of Jamarr Chase.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I would said yes to him at 17 if he was a game changer but this is likely not the case.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    But we need a Tee Higgins opposite our version of Jamarr Chase.
    I don't think he is as good as Tee Higgins....

if austin III is as explosive as advertised then i wouldn't reach for a WR

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    if austin III is as explosive as advertised then i wouldn't reach for a WR
    I don’t buy that he is…

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I know Addison and Pickett were great together in college. One only needs to look at Burrow to Chase to see what it could be. If he's there are #32 I'd consider it, but I don't think he'll be there.
    Addison is not even close to the player Chase is tho , Addison isnt as fast isnt as strong and isnt as physical...

if you want to site Burrow and Chase fine ...

Ill counter with

Rudolph and James Washington

the truth will lie somewhere in the middle and frankly thats not good enough for the 1st round
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Addison is not even close to the player Chase is tho , Addison isnt as fast isnt as strong and isnt as physical...

if you want to site Burrow and Chase fine ...

Ill counter with

Rudolph and James Washington

the truth will lie somewhere in the middle and frankly thats not good enough for the 1st round
    Except neither Rudolph nor Washington were first round picks.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Except neither Rudolph nor Washington were first round picks.
    besides the point ....... Steelers apparently had a 1st round grade on the Reindeer and thought more of Washington apparently as they drafted him before Mason , but still besides the point

and frankly I do not think Addison should be either , he tested average with pedestrian numbers for the position , he weighed in smaller than thought to be and he isnt anything near what Jamar Chase is as a player so my point still stands
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now