Thread: Steelers Ranked Just 22nd In Team Facility Report Card, Players Don’t Feel Like Team Is Investing Enough Money

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers Ranked Just 22nd In Team Facility Report Card, Players Don’t Feel Like Team Is Investing Enough Money

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Steelers Ranked Just 22nd In Team Facility Report Card, Players Don’t Feel Like Team Is Investing Enough Money

Seems legitimate. I lose track of all the stadium timelines...but aren't they in one of the older facilities at this point league wide?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Steelers Ranked Just 22nd In Team Facility Report Card, Players Don’t Feel Like Team Is Investing Enough Money

The Rooney's are one of the least wealthy NFL owners, it's why they made the move of renaming the stadium, so I expect they'll look to improve on these issues this decade.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Comanders…..dead last, with an F-, another F, and two D-

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

the clit commanders lol
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers Ranked Just 22nd In Team Facility Report Card, Players Don’t Feel Like Team Is Investing Enough Money

Rooney’s better get their shit together and get up with the times…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El Kabong has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Seems legitimate. I lose track of all the stadium timelines...but aren't they in one of the older facilities at this point league wide?
    Heinz/Acrisure/Whatever Field opened in 2001, so 22 years. Which is really nothing compared to Soldier Field or Lambeau Field or Arrowhead Stadium.

https://footballstadiumdigest.com/20...est-to-newest/

Heinz/Acrisure seems to be right in the middle at 16th newest.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Heinz/Acrisure/Whatever Field opened in 2001, so 22 years. Which is really nothing compared to Soldier Field or Lambeau Field or Arrowhead Stadium.

https://footballstadiumdigest.com/20...est-to-newest/

Heinz/Acrisure seems to be right in the middle at 16th newest.
    I know Lambeau and Soldier just went through big updates fairly recently. Or at least since Heinz has been built.

That’d be the interesting thing to see. Facility upgrade cycles across the league.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

For the sake of perspective, the Chiefs were ranked 29th and the Bengals were ranked 27th. The Vikings were ranked 1st.

Offseason filler and much ado about nothing.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s not so much the stadium or stadium age as much as the amenities that can be improved or upgraded within. How hard is it to have some daycare for families on game day?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It’s not so much the stadium or stadium age as much as the amenities that can be improved or upgraded within. How hard is it to have some daycare for families on game day?
    I agree mostly with this. It sounds like they need to remodel a few things. I mean the Roman Colosseum is 2,000 years old so to say a 22 year old stadium is old is ridiculous. Just remodel the locker room, the training/weight rooms and you're all set. As far as daycare for families. These guys are making MILLIONS of dollars, hire a fucking nanny.

Sure....but I believe that most NFL teams install new facilities/amenities when they build out the stadium. So if they haven't upgraded those since they built the stadium....then they are going to be ranked low because it is fairly old at this point. That's why I said that it would be interesting to know when amenities/facilities were remodeled across the league and then look at the rankings again.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I agree mostly with this. It sounds like they need to remodel a few things. I mean the Roman Colosseum is 2,000 years old so to say a 22 year old stadium is old is ridiculous. Just remodel the locker room, the training/weight rooms and you're all set. As far as daycare for families. These guys are making MILLIONS of dollars, hire a fucking nanny.
    I agree! Is daycare a deal breaker. I guess it might be for player’s wives. I’d love to know who participated in this “ report card”, because it wasn’t ALL NFL players. Let’s get some coaches input. Trainer’s input. Now if this is a tool that owners can use to improve players production/experience, I’m all for it, but to just sit there and check a box A+-F-…….I do that every day, rating life experiences.
    Now, I get Commanders news every day…..all the time, (Richmond-sort of our home team). Go look at that review. I think everyone is doing everything they can to get rid of Snyder…….like loading the ballot box……and I’m kinda for it.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

D- for treatment of families as voted by 40 Steelers is embarrassingly bad. That grade says the perception is they don’t care. The front office needs to fix this stuff.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    D- for treatment of families as voted by 40 Steelers is embarrassingly bad. That grade says the perception is they don’t care. The front office needs to fix this stuff.
    I want to know more about this? What exactly is "treatment of family"? Do they want more company picnics? Do they expect daycare (get in line with the rest of the world)? These guys make millions their families should have plenty of money. Now if the survey went out to all employees of the Steelers then that is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Sure....but I believe that most NFL teams install new facilities/amenities when they build out the stadium. So if they haven't upgraded those since they built the stadium....then they are going to be ranked low because it is fairly old at this point. That's why I said that it would be interesting to know when amenities/facilities were remodeled across the league and then look at the rankings again.
    Maybe at the time they were fine but now, not so much?

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I want to know more about this? What exactly is "treatment of family"? Do they want more company picnics? Do they expect daycare (get in line with the rest of the world)? These guys make millions their families should have plenty of money. Now if the survey went out to all employees of the Steelers then that is different.
    Yeah but if 40 players feel that way and other teams are providing it, the middle of the road free agent you might want, he may choose a similar team with better family bennies because his wife and kids and morher-in-law said so…

Maybe at the time they were fine but now, not so much?
    That is what I am thinking. I'm guessing everything was state of the art and spacious 2 decades ago. Now...might be time for a revamp?

Member Array title="Crossdog will become famous soon enough"> Crossdog's Avatar

I remember some dude on another forum ranting about duct tape on the weight benches a couple years ago. I doubt the facilities are that bad, but they seemed to work for James Harrison didn't they?

I'm sure you can get a "Spa Day" at some other facilities and that's what they are commenting on. NO sauna was one point voted on. And when you use your body as a major part of your job, then I can see some grievances. I have no doubt the Rooneys address it this offseason in some way. I really doubt it stops a player coming here in FA though.