Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason thread(News,Rumors,etc)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Offseason thread(News,Rumors,etc)

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Offseason thread(News,Rumors,etc)

JR is signed for 3 more years at 17, 14.5 and 15.5. I'm sure he'd want to renegotiate, but those numbers are team friendly.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    JR is signed for 3 more years at 17, 14.5 and 15.5. I'm sure he'd want to renegotiate, but those numbers are team friendly.

And he's only 28? It feels like he's been in the NFL for 12 years.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Interesting article on the homepage. Predicts next year's QB room will probably be identical to last year's QB room. KP, Mitch, and Mason. That would allow for more offseason building around Kenny.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It would be so big for the steelers but so unlikely....

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

That is a weird list.

The Bengals and Eagles are predicted almost everywhere to bleed talent due to cap issues. Many off-season primer articles have the Eagles and Bengals losing White, Edwards, Pratt, and potentially others from their LB corps. Now, that would seem to certainly open a spot for Wagner....But....

If one thing is true (losing LBs to cap issues) then Wagner has to be willing to ring chase at a discount. If that is true, why would he go to any of the Giants, Lions, and Steelers? Wagner is gonna be 33 I think and all of those teams are probably 2+ years away from appearing in a SB. Meaning that Wagner would be lured by CASH in those cases.

So the person who generated this list seems to think that Wagner is both chasing a ring and chasing a payday? I mean...sure....cover all your bases? But from just looking at the Twitter graphic, it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That is a weird list.

The Bengals and Eagles are predicted almost everywhere to bleed talent due to cap issues. Many off-season primer articles have the Eagles and Bengals losing White, Edwards, Pratt, and potentially others from their LB corps. Now, that would seem to certainly open a spot for Wagner....But....

If one thing is true (losing LBs to cap issues) then Wagner has to be willing to ring chase at a discount. If that is true, why would he go to any of the Giants, Lions, and Steelers? Wagner is gonna be 33 I think and all of those teams are probably 2+ years away from appearing in a SB. Meaning that Wagner would be lured by CASH in those cases.

So the person who generated this list seems to think that Wagner is both chasing a ring and chasing a payday? I mean...sure....cover all your bases? But from just looking at the Twitter graphic, it makes no sense.
    The lions are in a very good position to take another huge step if their front office makes a good decision this offseason... They have 2 picks in the top 20 in their next draft (I believe they also have 2 second round picks), so if the lions improve their defense (which Wagner would help a lot) and their offense continues to play well like in 2022, I think they could be a slepper...: The lions are my too early pick to win the NFC north right now and sometimes come playoffs time, if you're hot, you never know (2021 bengals)

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The lions are in a very good position to take another huge step if their front office makes a good decision this offseason... They have 2 picks in the top 20 in their next draft (I believe they also have 2 second round picks), so if the lions improve their defense (which Wagner would help a lot) and their offense continues to play well like in 2022, I think they could be a slepper...: The lions are my too early pick to win the NFC north right now and sometimes come playoffs time, if you're hot, you never know (2021 bengals)
    Sure. And I can make a similar argument for the Steelers. Someone may be able to make one for the Giants.

But Wagner is ancient as NFL LBs go. If he wants to win, he’s got to do it in 2023.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sure. And I can make a similar argument for the Steelers. Someone may be able to make one for the Giants.

But Wagner is ancient as NFL LBs go. If he wants to win, he’s got to do it in 2023.
    Lots of players don’t want to win. Some just want to get paid, some just want to play. Half the league is probably that way…

Lots of players don’t want to win. Some just want to get paid, some just want to play. Half the league is probably that way…
    Of course. That’s why I said the list of teams made no sense. Top 2 can’t pay him but can let him ring chase. Others can’t ring chase but could pay him.

Makes little sense.

And many want both!

Of course. That’s why I said the list of teams made no sense. Top 2 can’t pay him but can let him ring chase. Others can’t ring chase but could pay him.

Makes little sense.
    List is terrible. Most of them at this time of year are and have little thought put behind them.

- - - Updated - - -

And many want both!
    yeah...the other half. lol.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

IF the Rams trade Ramsey, lose Wagner, and have already released Henderson(FA/picked up by Jags after release), what are the Rams planning? They have spent no money on OL and have an aged QB.

IF the Colts are indeed going all-in on a QB this offseason, do they go draft or FA or trade? I have read a rumor they are shopping Jonathan Taylor. They already have the #4 overall pick. Could #4 plus Jonathan Taylor get them to #1 overall?

It will be Houston or Indianapolis. The Bears can drop to 4 and still possibly get Carter or Anderson…after that, they are gambling.

It’s going to come down to whether or not the Colts or Texans fall in love with one of the QBs and view them as a “must have”.

Gee...nice of Schefter to carry water for the Bears

That may as well have been written specifically for Jim Irsay...."Come get your guy or someone else will!"

Hat and clipboard guy from here on out…

So it was Goff as the guy, then Wentz was the guy and people laughed at the Rams but it turns out that Goff appears to be the better choice out of the two.

Bobby Wagner and Myles Jack, TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith. That would be one of the best LB corps ever assembled here. On paper at least. I'd be pretty excited about that. Not sure about the cap hit though. Counting Highsmith at his market value number, and the total cap hit for those 4 players would be $67M for 2023.

I like Wagner as a player but not his age. Let someone else pay him a bunch of cash. This is not an "all in" team right now. Most of the rest of the roster is under 30. They need to be adding more on that side of the age range.

Take Wagner's cash and get Sutton and Edmunds under contract.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Bobby Wagner and Myles Jack, TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith. That would be one of the best LB corps ever assembled here. On paper at least. I'd be pretty excited about that. Not sure about the cap hit though. Counting Highsmith at his market value number, and the total cap hit for those 4 players would be $67M for 2023.
    Yeah, if Jack and Wagner were each 5+ years younger.

Another hat and clipboard guy…

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Another hat and clipboard guy…
    If Trustinky can't be traded, I'd have no problem with Mariota backing up Pickett. I think Trustinky's dead cap hit is $2.6 million this year if we cut him and $10.6 million if we keep him. To me that's a no brainer, you cut Trustinky and sign a guy like Mariota for around $2 million per year to hold the clipboard. That saves us around $6 million this year (because of Trustinky's dead cap space).

The Eagles paid Minshew $2.6 million last year. Mariota is about the same and gives you a QB that can at least run the offense if Pickett goes down.

I am not so sure that Mariota can "run the offense" his time in Atlanta and Vegas would seem to indicate that after about your third QB draw call, he's got nothing to bring to the table.

That is not to say that Trubisky does either. But the devil you know and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    If Trustinky can't be traded, I'd have no problem with Mariota backing up Pickett. I think Trustinky's dead cap hit is $2.6 million this year if we cut him and $10.6 million if we keep him. To me that's a no brainer, you cut Trustinky and sign a guy like Mariota for around $2 million per year to hold the clipboard. That saves us around $6 million this year (because of Trustinky's dead cap space).

The Eagles paid Minshew $2.6 million last year. Mariota is about the same and gives you a QB that can at least run the offense if Pickett goes down.
    That’s not Tomlins MO though…Trubisky offers a comfort factor that Mariota cannot.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

And many want both!
    And some care more about winning than they do the money.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    And some care more about winning than they do the money.
    I doubt it. Who???