Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Pickett and Mitch Trubisky Train with Steelers' Receivers in Florida

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Kenny Pickett and Mitch Trubisky Train with Steelers' Receivers in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That’s why he’s a back up QB. What are Keenum’s stats as a back up? I’d be willing to bet it’s better than .500. Those 3-4 seasons as a starter were horrible for him. I think one was good…maybe…
    He was a full time starter only in 2017(11-3) and 2018(6-10).....Trubisky is much better that him....

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...K/KeenCa00.htm

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    He was a full time starter only in 2017(11-3) and 2018(6-10).....Trubisky is much better that him....

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...K/KeenCa00.htm
    Going through the game logs briefly: He was a starter in 2019 and got yanked after going 1-7 and he was a starter in 2016 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Going through the game logs briefly: He was a starter in 2019 and got yanked after going 1-7 and he was a starter in 2016 as well.
    You are right about that but I still prefer Mitch...He was very good also as backup in 2022 with us....Great vs Tampa,poor vs Ravens,good vs Panthers.I take it for a backup

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I’d take Keenum over Trubisky in a heartbeat. Why? Because I’ve seen them both play and Keenum is better.

For so many years, the backup QB for the steelers is the most disrespected player on the team and it's not even close...I mean Mitch is like 31-23 in his career and make the playoffs twice as a starter and he is still young but some wants Case Keenum who is 35 years old and immobile....what a absolute joke

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Sure. Let’s live in a world where Keenum is a good QB.

The Steelers are in a terrible spot because someone of Keenum’s caliber isn’t the first guy off the bench.

What’s funny is that several of the same people who had talked themselves into Daboll magically fixing Trubisky and signing him being a good idea now have Trubisky below Keenum on the scale of NFL QBs.

What a difference a year can make!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    what a absolute joke
    Tell us how you really feel about other people’s opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

The Steelers are in a terrible spot because someone of Keenum’s caliber isn’t the first guy off the bench.

What’s funny is that several of the same people who had talked themselves into Daboll magically fixing Trubisky and signing him being a good idea now have Trubisky below Keenum on the scale of NFL QBs.

so true!

I’m not sure why you keep beating this Daboll drum. Who here is making that argument? I’ve never.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s quite possible that they are both just average back up QBs. Both know the game. Both have a below starter skill set. Both may or may not be good when they come off the bench. Neither is starting material. Trubisky is younger. Keenum is older. I mean…you’re arguing over a brown egg or a white egg…

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I’m not sure why you keep beating this Daboll drum. Who here is making that argument? I’ve never.
    Ok. You didn’t.

Many people stated that a year in Buffalo was the cure for what ailed Trubisky. That he was somehow going to be a better QB than he was in Chicago. He wasn’t. He’s the exact same guy.

I’m just saying I’m gonna go ahead and slow the roll on Keenum being good.

Ok. You didn’t.

Many people stated that a year in Buffalo was the cure for what ailed Trubisky. That he was somehow going to be a better QB than he was in Chicago. He wasn’t. He’s the exact same guy.

I’m just saying I’m gonna go ahead and slow the roll on Keenum being good.
    Good is debatable but I like him as a backup more than Trubisky, even if it’s an absolute joke. Many fans here just glance at stats and say who’s better. While I factor stats in, I mostly base my opinion on what I’ve seen and the work Keenum has put in is better than Trubisky and likely comes about 4-5 million cheaper. But then again there are probably 12-15 backups I’d rather have than MT.

Good is debatable but I like him as a backup more than Trubisky, even if it’s an absolute joke. Many fans here just glance at stats and say who’s better. While I factor stats in, I mostly base my opinion on what I’ve seen and the work Keenum has put in is better than Trubisky and likely comes about 4-5 million cheaper. But then again there are probably 12-15 backups I’d rather have than MT.
    Maybe?

Trubisky’s not good. But almost all backup QBs stink. It’s why they’re backup QBs.

I think, as fans, we tend to overrate other backup QBs.

Remember all the love Huntley got?

It’s quite possible that they are both just average back up QBs. Both know the game. Both have a below starter skill set. Both may or may not be good when they come off the bench. Neither is starting material. Trubisky is younger. Keenum is older. I mean…you’re arguing over a brown egg or a white egg…
    I don't disagree. I just think that lamenting that Keenum isn't your back-up QB is a weird thing to do. He's not any good or certainly not a significant improvement over most other back-up QBs.

Maybe?

Trubisky’s not good. But almost all backup QBs stink. It’s why they’re backup QBs.

Right! Since they all stink there's no need to over pay one $8M.

I don't disagree. I just think that lamenting that Keenum isn't your back-up QB is a weird thing to do. He's not any good or certainly not a significant improvement over most other back-up QBs.
    Beyond weird…

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Maybe?

Hey now he is a "Pro Bowler"

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Hey now he is a "Pro Bowler"
    He’s NOT and NEVER will be the Nickelodeon Most Valuable Player…

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I’d take Keenum over Trubisky in a heartbeat. Why? Because I’ve seen them both play and Keenum is better.

What makes me favor Trubisky over Keenum are a few factors.

Trubisky is a younger, more physically talented player than an old Keenum. Trubisky has a better arm, has real starting quarterback experience as well, and is still able to move around to make plays with his legs and arm.

I've always liked Keenum, but this isn't the Case Keenum from 5 years ago. This is a 35 year old QB that never had a good arm to begin with. He has certainly become less mobile than he already was and he has almost certainly lost more arm strength.

While I'm not opposed to having Keenum here as a cheaper option if it gets to that point, I would prefer a better option that has the chance to become a long-term backup with more upside.

I guess it's just a personal preference but as I said earlier, I have no problem with keeping Trubisky because they have so little money going to the QB position. If they keep Trubisky for a couple more years, his salary will certainly be more attractive than it looks now, as QB salaries are going into the stratosphere.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Yep. I still think he's better than Jackson. I just can't shake it. Maybe its because I'm not overly impressed with Jackson and it's affecting my view of reality.

Not this again.....

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Yep. I still think he's better than Jackson. I just can't shake it. Maybe its because I'm not overly impressed with Jackson and it's affecting my view of reality.
    Huntley sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Huntley sucks.
    Jackson could win a second MVP next year with the ravens or another team and have a all-time playoffs run and winning the SB at the end and I am not sure he would have the credit for those who don't like his style.....I mean even when Joe Flacco had a all-time playoffs run 10 years ago he did not had the credit by some....It's okay to have doubts about Jackson and I also have doubts about him because of his durability but Huntley?!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    What makes me favor Trubisky over Keenum are a few factors.

Trubisky is a younger, more physically talented player than an old Keenum. Trubisky has a better arm, has real starting quarterback experience as well, and is still able to move around to make plays with his legs and arm.

I've always liked Keenum, but this isn't the Case Keenum from 5 years ago. This is a 35 year old QB that never had a good arm to begin with. He has certainly become less mobile than he already was and he has almost certainly lost more arm strength.

While I'm not opposed to having Keenum here as a cheaper option if it gets to that point, I would prefer a better option that has the chance to become a long-term backup with more upside.

I guess it's just a personal preference but as I said earlier, I have no problem with keeping Trubisky because they have so little money going to the QB position. If they keep Trubisky for a couple more years, his salary will certainly be more attractive than it looks now, as QB salaries are going into the stratosphere.
    Most of those are fair points. But Keenum has 64 starts to Trubisky’s 55, so that’s inaccurate. And 35 is not old for a QB, especially a backup with fewer miles. He looked pretty good going 2-0 for the Browns in 2021. Keenum, IMO, has a better feel for the game while Trubisky always has a deer in the headlights look. At half or less of the price, I’ll take Keenum. Better yet, if we’re gonna pay $8, go get Brissett.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If talking Keenum = Mitch as a backup, I can get on board with that. If you just want to cut the cost of the backup, I can roll with you on that. But I won’t get into a debate over which of these guys is a better QB. Just talking QB, I don’t care which one backs up Kenny.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Huntley sucks.
    Of course he does. That's not the point. I still think he's better than Jackson.

Jackson could win a second MVP next year with the ravens or another team and have a all-time playoffs run and winning the SB at the end and I am not sure he would have the credit for those who don't like his style.....I mean even when Joe Flacco had a all-time playoffs run 10 years ago he did not had the credit by some....It's okay to have doubts about Jackson and I also have doubts about him because of his durability but Huntley?!
    There are doubts about Jackson because he's just not that good of a QB. Which is where the durability issue comes in. What will happen to Jackson once he loses even a fraction of a step? Jackson's greatest strength is his uncanny mobility and scrambling. Some QBs can evolve and stay effective even if they lose a step, because they can throw the ball effectively. Jackson's athleticism covers for everything else and hides his flaws.

You are enamored by Jackson's athleticism and freak highlight runs. Which are highly impressive. You can see the amazing plays and the "How the hell did he do that" athleticism. Which is exciting. But that doesn't last very long. Sooner or later you have to make plays outside of your comfort zone.

1-3 record in the postseason. If this were Pickett with this level of success after five seasons you'd ask questions and be calling for the Steelers organization to start looking elsewhere at QB.

Am I wrong? The Ravens don't seem to be bending over backwards to sign Jackson to a new deal despite an MVP campaign in 2019. Unfortunately, they're a smart organization.

Most of those are fair points. But Keenum has 64 starts to Trubisky’s 55, so that’s inaccurate. And 35 is not old for a QB, especially a backup with fewer miles. He looked pretty good going 2-0 for the Browns in 2021. Keenum, IMO, has a better feel for the game while Trubisky always has a deer in the headlights look. At half or less of the price, I’ll take Keenum. Better yet, if we’re gonna pay $8, go get Brissett.
    Keenum definitely has a better brain than Mitch. Keenum won't blow the game for you, which is the most you can ask for.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I didn't say Trubisky had more starting experience. I said Trubisky has real starting experience as well.

Look, if the difference between getting a stud OT like Brown or not is based on Mitch. Than clearly I would rather that happen to make the team much stronger. I just don't know that they have enough room to sign a player with that cap hit no matter what they do. Plus having to sign enough of their own FA, or it won't matter if they pick up an elite OT if they have to let 4 players walk and add more holes to the roster. If they can retain a few quality players from the roster and add Brown or a couple free agents, then I'm all for moving on from Trubisky.

The conversation has been whether I would want Keenum or Trubisky as the backup. In a vacuum, I take Trubisky. I like Brissett too, but I believe Brissett is going to cost a lot more than Trubisky, so there's that.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Speaking of Mitch, this is about the coolest thing ever for my son.

He's (my son) doing the Flat Stanley project for his first grade class. He sent it to my nephew. My nephew's family is big into Mentor sports, and were at the awards ceremony where Mitch was inducted into Mentor school's sports hall of fame last night. My nephews have worked his football camp for years, and my sister in law is pretty big with the boosters who help. Needless to say they know Mitch somewhat on a personal level. This pic is Mitch holding my sons flat Stanley project from last night. My Jacob is fairly happy today. Lol.

Whether you're a fan or not of him as a QB, I totally get it, but he is a great guy. He certainly didn't have to do that for my kiddo.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

That's very cool! I've heard he is a super nice guy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

That's awesome for Mitch. Bless him.