Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CDC Changed Vinyl Chloride Toxicity Info 11 Days Before Derailment

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Re: CDC Changed Vinyl Chloride Toxicity Info 11 Days Before Derailment

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    no clue ..........
    Exactly. Good for you for admitting it.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

ohhh by the way Leslie Run in which the chemicals spilled into is a tributary to the Ohio river as we mentioned before and it provided 1/10th of all US drinking water ... now guess what happened .....

A barge crash near Louisville, Kentucky, caused three barges to become "lodged"—one of which, officials said, was partially submerged and carries 1,400 tons of methanol.

I would suggest checking to see where your favorite bottled water comes from and buy accordingly but you may want or need the mutations
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

I would suggest checking to see where your favorite bottled water comes from .........................
    I highly recommend it. I have 3 bottles in my fridge right now.

The epa says its fine , the government says its fine . the media claims its fine ... what do you think ?? would you drink it , wade in it , drink water from or bath in the water from the wells ??? Its no longer being "cleaned up" ( it never truly was being cleaned up it was an appeasement doing things that looked like a cleanup that didnt truly clean anything )

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

That vid is well worth a watch. It seems the only people that care about this are those of us that are releatively close to it. You don't hear anything about it anymore.... like it never happened. Our Governor DeWine seems to have all but washed his hands of it. Norfolk Southern is getting away with murder (maybe years down the road, but...) But, supporting Ukraine with $$$$$$ millions is very important. F**k the small town Conservative people (mostly) that need help...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    That vid is well worth a watch. It seems the only people that care about this are those of us that are releatively close to it. You don't hear anything about it anymore.... like it never happened. Our Governor DeWine seems to have all but washed his hands of it. Norfolk Southern is getting away with murder (maybe years down the road, but...) But, supporting Ukraine with $$$$$$ millions is very important. F**k the small town Conservative people (mostly) that need help...lol.

this forum is a microscopic representation of the nation on this (and many topics) when it first hits its busy and talked about but they tire on it as soon as the sun sets because its not their backyard .....

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Watching the awakening to problematic water purity standards and the environmental harm being done on a daily basis is a fascinating journey to track.

I've lived places where there were so many heavy metals in the water that you couldn't eat the fish. I live near a place now where it is possible that almost every single well within a fairly decent radius is polluted from chemical run-off from a Cold War era military installation.

Don't get me started on the toxic disaster that is poultry farming...

This stuff has been and continues to happen in every community across the country on a daily and annual basis. Lacking funding and legal mechanisms to enforce penalties - there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

there is nothing that anyone can do about it.
    Nothing we can do about it, or we just don't know about it? You may be right either way. but I would bet the majority of 'us' know nothing about how prolific this is.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Nothing we can do about it, or we just don't know about it? You may be right either way. but I would bet the majority of 'us' know nothing about how prolific this is.
    These are typically "local" stories. If they link into a bigger trend, then maybe they go "national" for like a week or so. Then, they slide back down to the local (maybe regional) level and the residents directly impacted usually stay very concerned and informed.

But for the rest of the country, that is an issue that is off their radar. Problem is, the overall issue is systemic. It feels like it is just a bunch of local stories, each different from the rest. But it is linked by the fact that the regulatory and legal mechanisms that are in place to "protect" you, I, and everyone else have been defanged to the point of being almost useless.

And that will continue to "work" until people realize that we can not take clean air and water for granted. No for profit company and few not for profit entities have either your individual best interests in mind or a long-term point of view. Most will burn the world down around them to make a buck or improve their position.

Everyone just assumes they can turn on the tap and have an infinite supply of safe water. Because of that ingrained assumption....companies can get away with murder.

I get the fear of and distaste for government bureaucracy and intrusion...I really do. But powerful, well funded, and active government backed regulation is the only way I am aware of to prevent environmental damage, hold polluters responsible, and enforce long-term commitments to impacted communities.

Does that mean the current government agencies are doing a a good job? Nope. But that shouldn't take reform, reinvigoration, and rededication off the table.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Thats because they're all busy praying at the alter of "climate change". Also climate change is racist.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...e/11711790002/

On the eve of Earth Day, President Joe Biden announced the creation of an Office of Environmental Justice as he lays out a plan to make it "the mission of every single executive agency," the White House said.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They don't dump toxic chemicals in rich neighborhoods. They don't route chemical laden trains through McMansion neighborhoods.

Poor people. Poor towns. Unincorporated areas. That's who gets hosed. Traditionally, that has been all kinds of minority neighborhoods. Now there's poor white folks too!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    They don't dump toxic chemicals in rich neighborhoods. They don't route chemical laden trains through McMansion neighborhoods.

Poor people. Poor towns. Unincorporated areas. That's who gets hosed. Traditionally, that has been all kinds of minority neighborhoods. Now there's poor white folks too!
    You misspelled "rich people tend not to move to industrial neighborhoods." But I guess the obvious explanation might just be cover, it could all be a big conspiracy like you say.

Everyone's out to get the poor folk. Everyone's out to get the black folk. Companies are out to get 'em! White people are out to get 'em! The police are out to get 'em! Billionaires are out to get 'em! Why would they all randomly go out of their way to do that? No reason - it's just because! And they all work together to hide it! The government is out to get them too - but only the government can help!

Sounds like another unhinged conspiracy theory to me..
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    You misspelled "rich people tend not to move to industrial neighborhoods." But I guess the obvious explanation might just be cover, it could all be a big conspiracy like you say.

Everyone's out to get the poor folk. Everyone's out to get the black folk. Companies are out to get 'em! White people are out to get 'em! The police are out to get 'em! Billionaires are out to get 'em! Why would they all randomly go out of their way to do that? No reason - it's just because! And they all work together to hide it! The government is out to get them too - but only the government can help!

Sounds like another unhinged conspiracy theory to me..
    Wow, man, I have to say that's one dumb post.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Oh no no no, that's not how this works. Your party is in power, you automatically take 100% of the blame, none of this saying it's the other guy's fault no matter who did what before. Those are the rules you set, so have a taste of your own medicine.

Biden's America. Unsafe infrastructure is poisoning whole towns. This was a Democrat-created problem and Democrats don't care, they do nothing while people are DYING. There's your narrative, cultist.
    You forgot about the liberals' other rule. Rules for thee, not for me.
    Hater = Realist

smh .... lots of private donations and they have no bottled water to drink being handed out any longer YET donations keep coming in and NONE being distributed to the town ( instead using for beautification projects ??) but they are sending out code enforcement to folks with grass over 8 inches ( its rained for damn near a week solid ) yards are wet .........

Priorities !!

I mean clearly high grass is far more dangerous and concerning than chemical spills .... town leadershit (that isnt a typo folks) has been bought and paid for by the railroad

How do you think they are going to pay for the clean-up and restoration of the town? The railroad is trying to weasel out of it. The government doesn't seem to have stepped up with much long-term funding.

That leaves the town in the lurch. So....raise fees on permits of all kinds. Make it rain code violations. It all brings in small amounts of cash that can be aggregated together towards whatever scarily expensive long-term costs the city is facing.

this is not a joke ...........
    yet it is ...........

the street fair is for real tho...smh

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    How do you think they are going to pay for the clean-up and restoration of the town? The railroad is trying to weasel out of it. The government doesn't seem to have stepped up with much long-term funding.

That leaves the town in the lurch. So....raise fees on permits of all kinds. Make it rain code violations. It all brings in small amounts of cash that can be aggregated together towards whatever scarily expensive long-term costs the city is facing.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Compassion would certainly seem to dictate that the city try and figure out what code violations are due to displaced and hospitalized residents and which are just absentee landlords.

But....in most small towns....compassion plays no role and the city goes after all the $$$ it can get through ticky-tack code violations. Or at least every one I have ever lived in does. It is maddening to say the least.

I don't think it is evidence of some deep collaboration or collusion between the city and the RR. Likely just a crappy cash grab by the town.

Right on schedule

2 days ago , Leslie run East Palestine Ohio 6 months post derailment .........

The amount of attention given to this is criminal. It's like it never happened. Only those of us that are very close to this pay attention... or care.