Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Hiring Aaron Curry As LB Coach

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers Hiring Aaron Curry As LB Coach

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers Hiring Aaron Curry As LB Coach

I wouldn’t be surprised if a Leftwich gets added to the offense either…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Curry was a real disappointment as a player traded from Seattle to the Raiders for a conditional 7th before he finished his rookie contract , hurt most of the time as a Raider he got released and he signed with the Giants the following year and was cut at the 75 man cutdown and that was the end of a short career for the over hyped LB'er ...

he hasnt been coaching all that long 3-4 years and for what I can tell he made no real impact in doing so ..hopefully I am wrong but I am not all that excited about this
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Carroll has been really positive about Curry as a coach...but that is what he is supposed to say.

I like that they are adding some youth to the staff.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Alright! Let's GO! Now, let's get him some LBs to coach.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if a Leftwich gets added to the offense either…
    That would be a nice consolation prize.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Curry was a real disappointment as a player traded from Seattle to the Raiders for a conditional 7th before he finished his rookie contract , hurt most of the time as a Raider he got released and he signed with the Giants the following year and was cut at the 75 man cutdown and that was the end of a short career for the over hyped LB'er ...

he hasnt been coaching all that long 3-4 years and for what I can tell he made no real impact in doing so ..hopefully I am wrong but I am not all that excited about this
    Found this interesting.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    Found this interesting.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    That looks like he made an impact…

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Super Bowl here we come!!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Watt and Highsmith may combine for 100 sacks next season!!!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Putting good coaches with good players is usually a recipe for success.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

not to rain on the Parade but why would Seattle let his contract expire and let him walk if he was so revered there ( on a defense that ranked 26th in the league in points allowed, 30th in rushing yards per game allowed , 25th in points allowed , 26th in total yards allowed ..... it goes on and on ..... so again I am not impressed if he was so highly regarded that they let him walk and kept guys who must have been even worse ??? sorry I am not impressed

not to rain on the Parade but why would Seattle let his contract expire and let him walk if he was so revered there ( on a defense that ranked 26th in the league in points allowed, 30th in rushing yards per game allowed , 25th in points allowed , 26th in total yards allowed ..... it goes on and on ..... so again I am not impressed if he was so highly regarded that they let him walk and kept guys who must have been even worse ??? sorry I am not impressed
    The Seahawks wanted to keep him according to a report in Seattle(he was still under contract I believe), but the Steelers gave him a promotion

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The Seahawks wanted to keep him according to a report in Seattle(he was still under contract I believe), but the Steelers gave him a promotion
    and if they wanted to keep him all they needed to do was to offer him and equal or more promotion ... again from a defense that was meandering at close to league lows vs the run , points etc it doesnt bode well for his coaching ability considering Linebackers are your primary run stoppers in a 3-4 and hybrids of

2 players had career high in sacks under him, so maybe he's not that bad.... In fact you know very little about him in terms of coaching so we should wait to see how things are going before jumping in the conclusion immediately....

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    2 players had career high in sacks under him, so maybe he's not that bad.... In fact you know very little about him in terms of coaching so we should wait to see how things are going before jumping in the conclusion immediately....
    how about this ... stat guy Daniel knows very little about him too ....

in fact he wasnt even a linebackers coach in Seattle ... he was an assistant D-Line coach

so who got the most of those players the assistant or the pos coach >???

and if they wanted to keep him all they needed to do was to offer him and equal or more promotion ... again from a defense that was meandering at close to league lows vs the run , points etc it doesnt bode well for his coaching ability considering Linebackers are your primary run stoppers in a 3-4 and hybrids of
    Maybe he wanted to leave…

Maybe he wanted to leave…
    if he was still under contract it doesn't really matter what he "wants"

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If his name was "Random Coach" and he wasn't linked to being an NFL Draft bust....would you feel this negatively about him?

I mean the stats on Pat Meyers' previous stops were just as bad and everyone was totally excited about his hire because he gave some nice quotes. Same with Klemm. One of those guys was mediocre and one was terrible.

So Curry has a pretty broad spectrum to fall into...

if he was still under contract it doesn't really matter what he "wants"
    These teams give permission for coaches to interview and take promotions all the time while under contract. I think you are thinking too much into it. Why didn’t the Eagles try to keep their OC and DC? They could’ve paid them HC money and gave them a better title…that’s the extreme case but if they really wanted to keep them, they could have made an offer…

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If his name was "Random Coach" and he wasn't linked to being an NFL Draft bust....would you feel this negatively about him?

I mean the stats on Pat Meyers' previous stops were just as bad and everyone was totally excited about his hire because he gave some nice quotes. Same with Klemm. One of those guys was mediocre and one was terrible.

So Curry has a pretty broad spectrum to fall into...
    Some of the “bust players”/“less talented players” are some of the better football minds…

I can’t believe there is already debate on whether or not this was a good hire. New LBs coach? Let’s get him some LBs and see how it goes.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Tomlin not afraid to make those big bold moves that get you over the top.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Not surprise they moved on from Olsavsky. Since he took over the LB coaching job in 2015, the ILB group have been a weakness, Shazier injury or not.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Not surprise they moved on from Olsavsky. Since he took over the LB coaching job in 2015, the ILB group have been a weakness, Shazier injury or not.
    Only so long you can blame it on the Shazier Injury. The bigger fail IMO was the miss on Devin Bush.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Only so long you can blame it on the Shazier Injury. The bigger fail IMO was the miss on Devin Bush.

They took a big swing and they missed with Bush. Losing Shazier to that horrible injury is what made them think they had to do it, but he wasn't the guy.

I was never a fan of the pick. I know he got injured but I never believed he was going to be a very good NFL player before the injury. Just a gut feeling watching him play in college where he wasn't doing what they were asking him to do at the pro level. He lacked the toughness and violence that is required to play the position well. It never made sense to me to take him that high.

The Shazier situation is maybe the biggest what if for the steelers since they don't draft Marino in 1983