Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The O-line

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Re: The O-line

Quote Originally Posted by Dreegking View Post
    Ya. Rounds 4 and 5. And that’s good.

Not a weakness or a need. Both Moore and Dotson were playing much better the se of. Half of the season

not worried about the Oline at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. I disagree. Not surely. I don’t think there’s a bunch of good Oline man this year. And I can’t see them going round 1 or 2. So I doubt they go 3 then. As other teams have greater need and the better ones will be plucked. They will do what the Steelers do. Groom. They like their starters now.
    I saw pass pressure coming from that side all season. I think KP just got better at anticipating and evading defenders from the left side.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

We could try to steal the Ravens' LG Ben Powers in FA. Close to as many snaps as Dotson with only 1 penalty/zero sacks allowed. 2023 is Dotson's last year on his rookie contract. We would upgrade the position plus have Dotson as the first OG backup just in case. Offer something in the area of James Daniels' deal, 3yrs/$26M?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Orlando Brown jr is now a free agent. KC did NOT franchise tag him. What say you? Brown is only 26 and Pickett in a rookie contract so we should have the money to get him, he would be an anchor at Left tackle the most important position for a right handed QB.
    Last edited by EzraTank; 03-08-2023 at 09:50 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Orlando Brown jr is now a free agent. KC did NOT franchise tag him. What say you? At 26 and Pickett in a rookie contract he would be an anchor at Left tackle the most important position for a right handed QB.
    Do it Mitch!!

I mean do it Omar!!
    Last edited by Steeler-in-west; 03-08-2023 at 06:17 PM.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Wiedl drafted Dillard. He's now in Pittsburgh. Dillard is a FA. .

Just saying.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I am against to give a 20 millions contract to a offensive line player even if he is great like Orlando Brown

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sign Brown and call it a day. Move onto CB, WR, DL and LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Sign Brown and call it a day. Move onto CB, WR, DL and LB.
    Exactly. If we sign Brown to a 4-5 year deal while Pickett is cheap, then you can use the draft to address other needs like you pointed out. Our OL was actually starting to play much better by the end of the year, imagine adding Brown at LT.

We could then use our top four picks on what 86Ward said ...

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Exactly. If we sign Brown to a 4-5 year deal while Pickett is cheap, then you can use the draft to address other needs like you pointed out. Our OL was actually starting to play much better by the end of the year, imagine adding Brown at LT.

We could then use our top four picks on what 86Ward said ...
    The top LT's make 10 to 15 million per. To create room dump some dead weight if you have to (such as Trubisky's 8 million then choose from the long list of the QB free agent pool).

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Pretty sure Orlando Brown gave up the most pressures of any left tackle this past season. He's not good.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Pretty sure Orlando Brown gave up the most pressures of any left tackle this past season. He's not good.
    How much of that was because he was going from blocking for Jackson to blocking for Mahomes? I feel like there must be a learning curve of sorts from going from Jackson to anybody…

So was there improvement throughout the season? I feel like he struggled against Garrett early on but who did he face and did that improve?

There’s quite a few questions that would need to be answered and analyzed. If he has positive answers to those, sign and move on…

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Just saying.
    I had to go look up who Dillard is. I can only hope he is a better backup to who we have at backup now. Dillard just doesn’t have enough snaps to have a stat chart. He’s comparable to an unknown LT draft pick after we put together list after list on here of all the LTs we want to draft. I like the position, but who?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I had to go look up who Dillard is. I can only hope he is a better backup to who we have at backup now. Dillard just doesn’t have enough snaps to have a stat chart. He’s comparable to an unknown LT draft pick after we put together list after list on here of all the LTs we want to draft. I like the position, but who?
    The story around the campfire is that Dillard can't play RT and got stuck behind a realy good LT in Philly. Thought is that he's equivalent to a high draft pick at LT without the draft pick part.

If Weidl scouted and believes in him, fairly easy to speculate he ends up here. Some forecasted him coming at the trade deadline.

OK. No more typing on my phone without my old man glasses!!
    Last edited by Mojouw; 03-10-2023 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Holy Typos Batman!

He got Wally Pipp’d by Jordan Mailata. He did better at Guard from what I’ve read and heard.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He got Wally Pipp’d by Jordan Mailata. He did better at Guard from what I’ve read and heard.
    I do not know how good he is or is not.

I know that Dillard was pretty well regarded when he came out in the draft. Then he, like you said, he got Wally Pipp'd.

He certainly wouldn't command the kind of coin that Brown will.

It sems like the kind of bargain move that the Steelers sometimes make and with the guy who may have had a hand in drafting him hanging out in the Steelers FO....

Does make all the sense in the world…

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Just saying.
    Andre Dillard signed with the Titans.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Andre Dillard signed with the Titans.
    Close to 10 millions per year for 3 years

I don’t think they do anything to the O-Line. All falls in line with the Tomlin mindset that “they showed improvement”…