Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid:Where does he rank all-time now?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Andy Reid:Where does he rank all-time now?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Andy Reid:Where does he rank all-time now?

Reid's first 5 years in KC he went 1-4 in the playoffs, missing once and 3 one and done. Then Mahomes took over and the Chiefs have gone 11-3 with 2 SBs. It's been a very good 5 year run for Reid and the Chiefs, but all-time rank? IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Reid's first 5 years in KC he went 1-4 in the playoffs, missing once and 3 one and done. Then Mahomes took over and the Chiefs have gone 11-3 with 2 SBs. It's been a very good 5 year run for Reid and the Chiefs, but all-time rank? IDK.
    He also make the NFC title game 5 times and won 240 regular season game in his career,183 before the Mahomes era....Mahomes help him big time to have mutiples win SB(we can said the game about Walsh,Belichick and many others)but he always been a great coach and a great offensive mind....Every QB had success under Reid,even backup QB like A.J Feeley!...The only thing who was missing for Reid before 2019 was a super bowl ring,now he won it twice!

For Mahomes,it was not by luck if he has been drafted by the chiefs....The chiefs make a huge trade up in 2017 to draft him at 10...Reid and the chiefs deserves a lot of credit for that....They were not lucky like the pats with Brady in 2000!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    He also make the NFC title game 5 times and won 240 regular season game in his career,183 before the Mahomes era....Mahomes help him big time to have mutiples win SB(we can said the game about Walsh,Belichick and many others)but he always been a great coach and a great offensive mind....Every QB had success under Reid,even backup QB like A.J Feeley!...The only thing who was missing for Reid before 2019 was a super bowl ring,now he won it twice!

For Mahomes,it was not by luck if he has been drafted by the chiefs....The chiefs make a huge trade up in 2017 to draft him at 10...Reid and the chiefs deserves a lot of credit for that....They were not lucky like the pats with Brady in 2000!
    OK. But the question was rank him now against all-time. Before the last 5 years, Reid was considered a good but not great coach. Now he has Mahomes, has he become a better coach, just has that guy at QB now, or a bit of both?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think it's probably time to start ranking Coach-QB combos instead of just coaches:

Contenders:
    Belichick/Brady
    Noll/Bradshaw
    Landry/Staubach
    Reid/Mahomes
    Gibbs/3 Nobodys
    Walsh/Montana

Who am I leaving out?

OK. But the question was rank him now against all-time. Before the last 5 years, Reid was considered a good but not great coach. Now he has Mahomes, has he become a better coach, just has that guy at QB now, or a bit of both?
    We can said about the same for almost every mutiples super bowl winning head coach...Bill Parcells and Joe Gibbs are the exception.Bill Belichick is considered by many as the best head coach ever even if his resume without Brady is terrible(2 playoffs berth in 10 seasons without Brady).Reid was not far to be in the HOF before the Mahomes era

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think it's probably time to start ranking Coach-QB combos instead of just coaches:

Contenders:
    Belichick/Brady
    Noll/Bradshaw
    Landry/Staubach
    Reid/Mahomes
    Gibbs/3 Nobodys
    Walsh/Montana

Who am I leaving out?
    Good point...This is a tough question,since this is only 5 years for Mahomes and Reid but they have the potentiel to be in the top 2 at least

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

Contenders:
    Belichick/Brady
    Noll/Bradshaw
    Landry/Staubach
    Reid/Mahomes
    Gibbs/3 Nobodys
    Walsh/Montana

Who am I leaving out?
    Possibly:
    Johnson/Aikman
    Parcells/Simms
    Levy/Kelly
    and my favorite, Tomlin/BigBen

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

He can certainly claim the #1 all-time spot on the walrus list.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

Reid got a second round pick for AJ Feeley…that in itself is hall of fame worthy…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

right next to the weebles I would guess according to Bradshaw he wobbles with the best of them
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

coaches are only as good as their QB it seems
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    coaches are only as good as their QB it seems
    In some cases the opposite is true…

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

right next to the weebles I would guess according to Bradshaw he wobbles with the best of them
    Reid is self proclaimed GOAT of Chesseburger consumption

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly:
    Johnson/Aikman
    Parcells/Simms
    Levy/Kelly
    Lombardi/Starr

Senior Member Array title="saturdaysarebetter will become famous soon enough">

He's in the top 12 at least. Been to four Super Bowls winning two. That trumps Marv Levy, George Allen, Hank Stram, John Madden, Bud Grant and Tony Dungy all in the HOF. He's won as many Super Bowls as Jimmy Johnson, Don Shula, Tom Landry, and Tom Flores. He's been to more Super Bowls than Johnson and Flores both in the HOF.

I still have him behind (in no order) Belichick, Noll, Walsh, Lombardi, Shula and Landry off the top of my head.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Shula/Griese
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Possibly:
    Johnson/Aikman
    Parcells/Simms
    Levy/Kelly
    More like Parcells/LT

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    More like Parcells/LT

More like Parcells/Cocaine

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    More like Parcells/Cocaineandhookers
    Fixed.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

More like Parcells/the greatest defensive player to ever take a breath

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

More like Parcells/the greatest defensive player to ever take a breath

The guy Parcells knowingly allowed on the field while he was snorting cocaine in the locker room. We see video footage of a singular regular guy overpowering several police officers coked out of their minds. Taylor was knowingly unleashed on a football field using a drug that made him Superman.

The guy Parcells knowingly allowed on the field while he was snorting cocaine in the locker room. We see video footage of a singular regular guy overpowering several police officers coked out of their minds. Taylor was knowingly unleashed on a football field using a drug that made him Superman.
    Nonsense. Cocaine didn't make LT who he was.

Taylor at North Carolina before he ever used cocaine.

Notice the difference? No you don't because there is none.

Nonsense. Cocaine didn't make LT who he was.

Taylor at North Carolina before he ever used cocaine.

Notice the difference? No you don't because there is none.

I'm sure cocaine didn't exist when he was in college and Taylor never used it.

Oh by the way, in case you didn't notice.....he was playing against college players while playing in college instead of playing against the best players in the world in the NFL. Just thought I'd mention it because I guess you didn't notice it.

I'm sure cocaine didn't exist when he was in college and Taylor never used it.

Oh by the way, in case you didn't notice.....he was playing against college players while playing in college instead of playing against the best players in the world in the NFL. Just thought I'd mention it because I guess you didn't notice it.
    What I notice is that:

A) You don't know anything about Lawrence Taylor
    B) You lost

The Giants open training camp Monday at Pace University in Pleasantville, N.Y. Taylor is due to report with most of the veterans July 31.Taylor's revelations come after an otherwise peaceful offseason in which the Giants avoided the type of controversies that rocked recent champions in professional sports.

Taylor said the Giants tested him randomly for drugs after his "urine turned up dirty" during 1985 mini-camp.

Taylor said he first used cocaine in October 1982, during his second NFL season, and his abuse increased until he was smoking crack during 1985.

"Where I had been using half a gram over a month, I was using a good part of that in a single evening," he said. "I began using more heavy stuff -- crack -- because the high was so much more intense."

"I will never apologize for the (1985) season I had, something I believe the media is waiting for me to do. I knew that I was no longer 100 percent. But I also knew that my 75 percent was better than most other guys' 100 percent."

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...989-story.html
    Last edited by willy; 02-24-2023 at 08:22 AM.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

What I notice is that:

B) You lost

What's your point?

LT was good for his day. He’s above average now.

I never knew about Andy Reid’s cocaine use. I knew he likes to draw on people while they sleep. It must be the cocaine that allows him to stay awake while the rest of the team is asleep. A lot of artists use a variety of drugs to induce different moods and such. Maybe he’s currently going through his happy but angry mustache with a sharpie phase.

What I notice is that:

B) You lost

Lawrence Taylor was so dominant a football player that he had 5 total sacks going into his last season at North Carolina. He "found himself" his last year and put up 16 sacks. His career 21 sacks place him 5th all time at North Carolina. That's 5th at his own school for the greatest defender ever.

To be fair, he was playing at ILB and NT his sophomore season. He had some injuries and just didn't play very well.

Here's an interesting quote from his coach Dick Crum: "When he has his mind on his business, he's as good as there is. I'm talking about everybody in the country now. He is that talented. But, he's got to be mentally ready every Saturday. As coaches, we can help him get there. But, in the end, he has to develop that intensity himself. If he does, he's going to be a great one."

https://www.tarheelblog.com/2017/9/1...cc-ncaa-giants

Gee....I wonder where he found his "intensity"????

Taylor said he used cocaine and crack frequently in his autobiography. https://www.nytimes.com/1987/07/24/s...requently.html

Bill Parcells admitted that he knew about 20 to 30 players used drugs in his first 4 years as coach. He also said many remained with the team. Taylor said that nobody disciplined him or stopped him from doing anything. It's in the same article linked just above this.

Taylor also said that he cheated the urine tests by using the urine of a teammate that wasn't using drugs. Again, his own words.

He also said that the Giants organization and the NFL knew he was using drugs and did nothing about it. His words.

People really need to go to this last link and read Taylor's own words. It's unbelievable.

There's one of us that doesn't know anything about Lawrence Taylor willy. Unfortunately.....it's you.

There's one of us that doesn't know anything about Lawrence Taylor willy. Unfortunately.....it's you.
    In his own words: ''I did crack from the middle of the '85 season to the end,'' he said, ''usually when we were at home. I'd stay out all night, get blasted on crack and then try to pick up as though nothing had happened the next day. . . . I don't know how long I could have gone on that way.

''Through much of this, I thought I could still play good ball. . . . I knew that I was no longer going at 100 percent. But I also knew that my 75 percent was better than most other guys' 100 percent. "

^^^Admiting that while smoking crack he was only 75% of himself. No, I'm afraid it's you that doesn't know anything about LT. Cocaine effected Taylors career all right. It hurt it. Imagine what he could have done sober?

Taylor, GOAT linebacker.
    Taylor, GOAT defensive player.
    Taylor, among the top 3 players of all time.

Interchangeable:

Brady
    Brown
    Taylor

l
    Interchangeable:

Brady
    Brown
    Taylor
    Best System QB ever, Above average LB in todays game, Below Average RB in todays game.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Best System QB ever, Above average LB in todays game, Below Average RB in todays game.
    Can’t wait to hear your take on Reggie White, Walter Payton, and Joe Montana.