Thread: Super Bowl 2023: Michael Irvin gets pulled off NFL Network coverage after report of misconduct toward woman

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Super Bowl 2023: Michael Irvin gets pulled off NFL Network coverage after report of misconduct toward woman

Former Cowboys star Michael Irvin was part of NFL Network's Super Bowl coverage on Monday night, but he won't take part in any other Super Bowl coverage going forward after being pulled from the network following an alleged complaint about his conduct.

According to the Dallas Morning News, a woman at Irvin's hotel made a complaint about the Pro Football Hall of Famer following an encounter with him on Sunday. It's not exactly clear what happened during the encounter, but NFL Media did confirm that Irvin has been pulled from its coverage of the Super Bowl this week.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...ibextid=Zxz2cZ

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Super Bowl 2023: Michael Irvin gets pulled off NFL Network coverage after report of misconduct toward woman

Not a big fan of Michael Irvin as a TV personality but sounds like the NFL Network is kinda screwing him over here.

Not sure why they can’t just check the hotel security cameras to see what happened in that 45-second span of interaction. If he just called her names…who cares, sticks and stones…

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Super Bowl 2023: Michael Irvin gets pulled off NFL Network coverage after report of misconduct toward woman

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Not a big fan of Michael Irvin as a TV personality but sounds like the NFL Network is kinda screwing him over here.

Not sure why they can’t just check the hotel security cameras to see what happened in that 45-second span of interaction. If he just called her names…who cares, sticks and stones…
    Maybe they did and that’s why they pulled him?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Maybe they did and that’s why they pulled him?
    I read somewhere that he was pulled before anythjng was even investigated.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

She said always has move leverage than he said, in today’s world.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

As long as he still gets paid who cares.
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Good luck to him with that $100 million lawsuit after basically admitting that he was too drunk to remember what he said...

“It was a minute meeting somewhere in the lobby. I don’t even remember it really because I had a few drinks to tell you the truth,” Irvin said.
    Read more: Michael Irvin makes troubling admission about alleged incident

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Good luck to him with that $100 million lawsuit after basically admitting that he was too drunk to remember what he said...

Maybe he has a witness or some evidence…

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

This is still bullshit. So what he said shit while he was drunk, welcome to the world. Unless she was an undercover cop and he propositioned her the NFL pulling him was horrible.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    This is still bullshit. So what he said shit while he was drunk, welcome to the world. Unless she was an undercover cop and he propositioned her the NFL pulling him was horrible.
    Except he isn't suing the NFL. He's suing the Marriott hotel chain and the woman who lodged the complaint against him, who apparently works for Marriott.

If he was suing the NFL Network for breach of contract I could maybe halfway see it (not knowing the particulars of his contract with them). And I agree, it was a shitty thing that they did - I'm not cool with zero due process.

And...$100 million? Seriously?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

sooo let me get this straight ....

Man does something wrong ( or is at the very min accused of it but was to drunk to recall what if anything he did but at minimum public drunkeness ) but because there was consequences for said actions he then files a law suit against the establishment that he misbehaved in ....

and people wonder whats wrong with this world ?????

and some of you defend that ???

so you will just instead assume the sober one here is wrong and the guy to inebriated to recall what happened is right .... smh

I give up!!!
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Man does something wrong ( or is at the very min accused of it but was to drunk to recall what if anything he did but at minimum public drunkeness ) but because there was consequences for said actions he then files a law suit against the establishment that he misbehaved in ....

so you will just instead assume the sober one here is wrong and the guy to inebriated to recall what happened is right .... smh

I give up!!!
    No one is defending him, just the process. Look I despise the dude as a player and person but for the NFL network to pull him without giving a reason is not a good look. If the NFL had balls they would have said, "Mr. Irving was removed due to public drunkenness. We are working with Mr. Irving to help deal with this personal issue." Heck I would have let him go on air if he admitted his issue and apologized.

The fact that they moved him to another hotel was ridiculous. The Marriott should have had multiple security approach him not a single female employee and demand he go to his room and sleep it off. I'm sure the Marriott has dealt with drunken patrons before.

Super Bowl 2023: Michael Irvin gets pulled off NFL Network coverage after report of misconduct toward woman

I give up!!!
    she’s but hurt over being called names or being talked down to or whatever Irvin “said” to her. Words hurt her? Stop being woke…

Sticks and stones…

Who cares? He’s an asshole. They have the right to move him, he has the right to Sue them. It is what it is…

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I'm just gonna guess that this isn't Michael Irvin's first rodeo. I will further guess that the NFL Network and Irvin have some sort of double secret probation policy in place.

I mean, I thought the movie "Cocaine Bear" was the Irvin biopic...this is not a dude who is known for being in control and understanding boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    she’s but hurt over being called names or being talked down to or whatever Irvin “said” to her. Words hurt her? Stop being woke…

Sticks and stones…

Who cares? He’s an asshole. They have the right to move him, he has the right to Sue them. It is what it is…
    Not to mention he was smashed. Drunk people usually don't say nice things whether they are mean or nice drunk. As I said she was probably sent over to deal with him because he was drunk. That's on the Marriott. Send multiple people over with security.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Not to mention he was smashed. Drunk people usually don't say nice things whether they are mean or nice drunk. As I said she was probably sent over to deal with him because he was drunk. That's on the Marriott. Send multiple people over with security.
    so him being drunk ( public drunkeness is against the law by the way ) all the sudden becomes a license for bad behavior ?

bullshit you screw up you pay the price of the house they did not want him there any longer that is their right to toss him out they didnt even need to help find him other accommodations ... whatever happened to YOU are responcible for your own actions and you do NOT have a right to accost others because you had a few to many or several to many drinks as this likely is because he cant even recall what he did ..........

but I am woke ??? GTFO I am likely the farthest thing from woke as you can imagine in your wildest dreams

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Did anyone miss him being on the broadcast?

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    NOPE!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Either way, I don't watch NFLN so I don't have to see or hear him. He's an annoying Cowboy homer and thinks he is the guru of all WRs when he was the king of push offs.

so him being drunk ( public drunkeness is against the law by the way ) all the sudden becomes a license for bad behavior ?

bullshit you screw up you pay the price of the house they did not want him there any longer that is their right to toss him out they didnt even need to help find him other accommodations ... whatever happened to YOU are responcible for your own actions and you do NOT have a right to accost others because you had a few to many or several to many drinks as this likely is because he cant even recall what he did ..........

but I am woke ??? GTFO I am likely the farthest thing from woke as you can imagine in your wildest dreams
    Marriott is private property, so public drunkenness doesn't apply here. Did you read what I posted? I don't care if they tossed him but if I'm running Marriott I don't send one female over to address him. I send a team of employees along with hotel security. Unless he was accosting people, I give him the option of going to his room or being arrested/removed from the property. I would love to see this video. What happened afterwards? Did she approach him and he say something mean? Did they kick him out on the spot or was he allowed to spend the night? If he was allowed to spend the night then tossed the next morning that proves my point of "let him sleep it off". I could understand if he was trashed and trying to go to the bar to get more but none of that is known. Now if he was a being a difficult asshole and refusing to go his room, then by all means toss him and pull his TV time. But again no one knows all the facts.

None of this has to do with "wokeness" so I'm not sure why you even brought that up. It all has to do with PR for Marriott and the NFL. Release all the facts so we can see what really happened.

Actually as Tube517 pointed out, FUCK Michael "push off" Irving, I've wasted too much time on him anyhow.

Marriott is private property, so public drunkenness doesn't apply here. Did you read what I posted? I don't care if they tossed him but if I'm running Marriott I don't send one female over to address him. I send a team of employees along with hotel security. Unless he was accosting people, I give him the option of going to his room or being arrested/removed from the property. I would love to see this video. What happened afterwards? Did she approach him and he say something mean? Did they kick him out on the spot or was he allowed to spend the night? If he was allowed to spend the night then tossed the next morning that proves my point of "let him sleep it off". I could understand if he was trashed and trying to go to the bar to get more but none of that is known. Now if he was a being a difficult asshole and refusing to go his room, then by all means toss him and pull his TV time. But again no one knows all the facts.

None of this has to do with "wokeness" so I'm not sure why you even brought that up. It all has to do with PR for Marriott and the NFL. Release all the facts so we can see what really happened.

Actually as Tube517 pointed out, FUCK Michael "push off" Irving, I've wasted too much time on him anyhow.
    I combined my reply to you and 86ward that is where the wokeness came into play in post 16 of this thread