Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is the next Steeler...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Who is the next Steeler...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If I remember correctly it was right at the end of the season…week 14 or 15 when he got injured and there was an outside chance he would play in the Super Bowl but was ruled out?
    No...in 2010,he was hurt in the AFC title game vs Jets and yes he had a outside shot to play in the SB but he was out at the end

Senior Member Array title="saturdaysarebetter will become famous soon enough">

I think it will be Ben. AB's behavior the last few years will keep him out. He had a HOF worthy career but blew it with his behavior. I think Greenwood, Russell and Ward all belong in the HOF, but whether they make it or not, might take a while to a senior committee type of thing. As dominant as Harrison was, he could have used another year or two at that level and I think he'd be in.

As for Roger Craig, you can look at his numbers both ways. Two 2,000+ total yardage seasons and he helped make that great 49ers offense go. I never felt Terrell Davis should be in. I thought his peak was too short but he got in. To me Craig passed the eye ball test of looking like a HOFer but his last four years in his 11-year career he didn't do much at all.

I don't think Tom Flores should be in. He was terrible with Seattle (14-34) and was 10 games over .500 in a 12-year career. He had six non-winning seasons in a 12-year career. If Flores got in, there's no way they can deny Mike Shanahan whose numbers are better.
    Last edited by saturdaysarebetter; 02-24-2023 at 01:37 PM. Reason: additional thought

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    No...in 2010,he was hurt in the AFC title game vs Jets and yes he had a outside shot to play in the SB but he was out at the end
    Okay. Ankle or something right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler