Thread: Hip Drop Tackle

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Hip Drop Tackle

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Re: Hip Drop Tackle

This is ridiculous. Defenses are already not allowed to play football anymore. Let's make sure they can't tackle anyone either.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If you can get flagged for going below the knees, shoulder or head area, and now the waist, what's left? Plus defenders have to worry about the 'defenseless player' penalty when trying to break up a pass.

What you do on one side of an equation....How about not letting the QB just throw the ball away? If he's under pressure he has to either throw it in the field of play or become a runner, rule?
    A big one for me, stop letting RBs lead with their helmets into contact.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

if they do this basically every tackle where you're chasing someone from behind is illegal

what next, rod woodson blew out his knee getting juked by barry sanders, make it illegal for ball carriers to fake out tacklers then? hey what's fair is fair. Oh wait, that won't work. Running into people is dangerous! Make that illegal too! Make it so every time a ball carrier faces a defender in the open field they have to slow down to 5 mph (refs will start carrying radar guns, any contact over 5 mph will be flagged 15 yards) and wrestle it out.
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If you can get flagged for going below the knees, shoulder or head area, and now the waist, what's left? Plus defenders have to worry about the 'defenseless player' penalty when trying to break up a pass.

What you do on one side of an equation....How about not letting the QB just throw the ball away? If he's under pressure he has to either throw it in the field of play or become a runner, rule?
    I am with you on the RBs leading with the helmet. No one else can do it, so runners shouldn't as well. Defenders are not the only players that can cause concussions. The rules need to be shifted across the board so that the helmet is a safety item not a weapon during the run of play.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They created a rule in 2013 that was supposed to prevent that. I have never seen it called once…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I am with you on the RBs leading with the helmet. No one else can do it, so runners shouldn't as well. Defenders are not the only players that can cause concussions. The rules need to be shifted across the board so that the helmet is a safety item not a weapon during the run of play.
    This is stupid. They need less rules, not more.

Cheap shots are illegal. Everything else is legal. The quarterback is not allowed to slide. There, I just wrote the perfect player safety policy and it didn't even take 15 seconds.

Oh no, some people might still get injuries and concucsions. Well they did before, and they do now under the new pussy rules, and they still will in the future if you make even more pussy rules. It is football, after all.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Bring back the flying wedge! Let's trample everyone.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

what happened to football ..............

this is a real question ........

the allure of the game is fleeting by the season
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

what happened to football ..............

this is a real question ........

the allure of the game is fleeting by the season
    I enjoy it more every season.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I enjoy it more every season.

quite the opposite for me , the game gets more and more watered down by the year and consequently less and less enjoyable
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

quite the opposite for me , the game gets more and more watered down by the year and consequently less and less enjoyable
    Change is part of life. Nothing stays the same. I enjoy watching amazing athletes do amazing things.

Plus, what else am I gonna overanalyze?